Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:50 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Stayed there in Jan 08.not much to see from your verendah,unless you sit near the perimeter fence.hope you enjoy your stay in this lovely peaceful camp.
Muhammad

Post subject: Re: Biyamiti Bushveld Camp
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:58 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the Year & Travel Tale of the Year, Other Parks (2013)
p@m wrote:
About 5 km along this road is a lookout point where you can get out of your car.
with a bench, magnificent view ...and monkeys :wink:

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:51 pm 

We are looking at staying in a NCO2+2V, 2 adults and small (toddler) children. Is there enough space? Has anyone done it before? From the pictures on the web it appears to have a verandah and an open plan kitchen?

Any feedback will be great

Thanks

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:00 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

We stayed in one of those a few years ago. Our kids were early teens then. Its a bit crowded, but not too bad. We were comfotable enough therre and spent most of our "in-camp " time on the verandah. If thats whats available I would take it again,although the bigger cottages are more spacious with small kids you should be fine

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:46 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

The NCO2+2V is basically a bedroom, bathroom and a lounge (with sleep-on couches in the lounge). The kitchen is on the verandah, along with a four-seater table.

We stayed in one with our son, CB, who was just 5 at the time, and it worked fine. Like Pjw, we spent most of our time on the verandah. Works perfectly in summer.

CB loved Biyamiti - the birds, the small mammals, being able to see ellies and bushbuck from the fence, the little hide... great place for a kid who is happy in nature. And SO and I adore it!

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:14 am 

Hi all.
Just want to find what kind of vehicle is used for drives at biyamiti.
Is the small 4x4?

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:20 pm 

It is the smaller vehicle thank goodness and thats the only camp I go to that uses them. those big trucks atr too high.overcrowded and noisy. If you wanta big truck then stay at Letaba,Satara L Sabie etc

Tamboti Oct 1,2,3,4
Biyamiti Oct 5,6,7,8

FGASA Local Area Guide

Nikon D700 FX, Nikkor 24-70 G f2.8, Nikkor 70-200VR f2.8, Nikkor 200-400 VR f4, Nikon 1.4 & 1.7 Convertors

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:55 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Quote:
Any photo's of the lookout point and does anyone have photo's of the gate and reception?

Hi roaneric -- no pics of reception or the gates, but look at my trip report of that trip http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22148 and you will find a pic or two of the lookout and the cottage. :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:40 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
here you are the lookout point

Image right side view

Image left side view

Image the reception... :wink:

Image living room and kitchen

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:36 am 

I was in Biyamiti in August in chalet no. 8. The chairs appeared to have been re-covered, and we had a big fridge as well as a brand new dustbin. It is a beautiful little camp with a fantastic view site 10 minutes away. As it is a donor camp do you think the donors have to contribute to the upgrade of the units? We unfortunately had a group of very selfish people next to us in no. 7 and no 6 who made such a noise that they spoiled the two evenings we were there completely. We complained to management, but that is not their fault - just inconsiderate people. The camp is a little gem hidden away, but close enough to Crocodile Bridge to get supplies and gifts at a very nice shop.

OWLET

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:05 pm 

hello forumites as promised here is an update from my recent trip to biyamiti.stopped in unit 15 all furniture was in good order unit was spotless.had a word with sonnika at reception and she confirmed that that unit along with 6 others had been refurbished this year and plans were in place for 7 to be done next year.i found all the staff very helpful and a superb ranger for your game drives his name was elliot.all in all a very enjoyable stay at my 2nd favourite camp after sirheni.
hope this helps.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:26 am 

I've got two nights booked in a NGC5V in December. A couple of questions:

Any particular units recommended for their view and/or privacy?

I am looking at either a night drive or a guided walk from Biyamiti - any experiences/recommendations?

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:38 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

1 is near the corner of the camp so you have access to the fence on two sides, but for all bungalows there is only a view of the river from the front. 2 is also nice- both these are shady sites. They are fairly near staff quarter so if there is any celebration you may hear it. 6 is the other nice one (my choice but this is a subjective choice!) also with a view of the river and shady trees. You should phone the camp manager +27 (0)13 735 6171 and ask for one of these three now. Your request will then be added to your booking details and they will do their best to accommodate you. I suggest you give more than one option. If you want privacy above view then go for 14 or 15. All the ones with a view of the river do have people walking past along the fence every now and then - but the fence is not too close to the chalet and I don't think you would find it intrusive.

Biyamiti night drives are usually very good and you have a good chance (no guarantees!) of seeing leopard as there is a resident one on the private road.

Have a great time!

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:00 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
FAC Member (2012)
The Biyamiti road has a lot of steep downs and ups, especially the longer bit west of the camp.

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:37 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
BigRinOz wrote:
Anne-Marie......please do post an update here re camp status after your November visit.

Thanks!
Biyamiti is nice, very nice, the road is very scenic, I saw a lot of Rhino (white rhino). The river was empty, maybe now there is some water.
About maintenance.... when I was here 2 years ago all, almost all was new... now everything is old, worn, lacking attention, a lot of small details that could be improved and make the stay still more pleasant... it's shame the place is so beautiful, but I have spend 3 wonderful nights. I don't know yet if in 2 years..... depend of the maintenance ... :hmz:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next