Great Tuskers of Africa

See what other forumites recommend you should read

Moderator: hilda

Jock
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Great Tuskers of Africa

Unread postby Jock » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:53 am

I have just purchased "Great Tuskers of Africa" by Johan Marais and David Hadaway and all I can say is WOW. It is absolutely stunning.

The books talks about ivory trade, poaching etc and then has info and pictures of the past, present and future tuskers not only in KNP but also touches on some around Africa. Thoughout the book are the most beautiful drawings which make it a delight to page through. It is going to look great on my coffee table.
Cheers
Her Highness Jockelina

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away

Wild@Heart
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Wild@Heart » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:13 am

Indeed Jock, saw it being advertised in the Ellie Museum and made the Shops Staff run around to find me one in the back .. since they did not have it on the shelves yet :twisted: ...

Have a look here for more info ..
NO TO HOTEL DEVELOPMENT IN KRUGER

arks
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby arks » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:27 pm

Received my copy last Friday and have been exploring it slowly — wonderful photos and drawings and interesting, informative text, so much more than "just" an attractive coffee table book! :wink:

For those who are interested, it is now available in the USA, at least through amazon.com. I had ordered mine pre-publication from amazon, but it's now out! 8) Definitely recommended!!
RSA 2015
1-30 June Darling
30 June-8 July National Arts Festival, Grahamstown
8-15 July Mountain Zebra
16-22 July Cape Town

oddesy
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby oddesy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:46 am

It really is a great book, brilliant photography as well as being interesting! Definately worth it in my opinion :clap:
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Return to “Bookshelf”