Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:48 pm 

Hi KTP

Thanks, that is great news for me. Now I can enjoy the park as long as I want to without any hassle.
I got another question though don't know if you still can/want to help me with this one. Just want to help a friend with the new question.

What happens if you you enter the park at Twee Rivieren but first go to Mabua and then via Mata Mata to Namibia? Do you have to go back to TR to check out of Botswana or is it possible to do all paperwork at once in TR?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:22 pm 
Guru
Guru

Goufer, your mate can enter at T/R and do his paperwork there, and then there's 12 days to be in the Park, before exiting at Mata-Mata. Should the stay be longer, he can make arrangements with the customs&immigration officers at Twee Rivieren.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:27 am 
Guru
Guru

Just an update/reminder:

At this stage, everybody should be know the drill for travel between SA/Namibia and SA/Botswana. However, this is the modus operandum for a Botswana/Namibia (or vice versa) trip where you do not enter/exit the Park at Two Rivers on the Botswanan side, ie enter at Kaa/Mabuasehube and exit at Mata-Mata, or vice versa:

You need to come by the Botswanan immigration office at Two Rivers (right opposite Twee Rivieren camp) to do the entry/exit clearances, so if you plan to enter at Kaa/Mabuasehube and exit at Mata-Mata, or enter at Mata-Mata and exit from Kaa/Mabuasehube, you would probably need to look at a night in Rooiputs/Twee Rivieren, in order to be able to make the trip to Two Rivers.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:38 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Thanks Kgalagadi TFP for all your helpful advice!
The border-crossing Mata Mata into the park and back through the same gate one week later (without any South Africa stamp) went well in Dec2007!

We`re planning of returning to KTP in the end of this year and we will probably be coming from Namibia/Mata Mata again, but this time, we are planning of leaving the park one week later at Twee Rivieren to continue our holiday in South Africa on our way to Cape Town.

Do we need to drive all the way to TR on our first day in the park in order to get our passports stamped for an entry SA stamp?
Or do we only stamp our passports when we leave the park after one week on safari at TR gate (even if we already been 1 week in South Africa by then)?

Safarigirl

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:48 am 
Guru
Guru

Safarigirl, that wouldn't be necessary; after entering at the one gate, you can exit from the other when your trip's over. Just inform the officials at your check-in gate of how long you plan to stay in the Park before exiting...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:33 am 
Guru
Guru

Hi there

I've sent you the info to you email address....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:52 am 

Hiya Mr Kalaghadi Sir

We are going to be in the park from 17 to 21 April in the KTC.

I was just wondering: Can we get our passports stamped at TR just in case we feel like popping over into Namibia for a day? Even if we decide not to go? And what is over the boarder? Anything to see within an easy day's travel there & back?

Thanks so much
Nats

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:16 pm 

I can just mention that we entered the KTFP from Namibia at the Mata Mata gate on the 1st of April (what a day) this year. Our original intention was to leave a week later via Twee Rivieren (RSA). When we arrived at TR (the same day we entered at Mata Mata), we had our passports stamped. We had therefore checked OUT of NAM, and checked IN into the RSA. A day before we were to leave the park at TR, we dicided to rather leave via Two Rivers (BOTS) and enter the RSA via the Bokspits/Gemsbok border post. We therefore had to had our passports stamped again at TR (RSA), to check OUT of RSA, had it stamped at at Two Rivers (BOTS) to check INTO BOTS, had it stamped at Bokspits (BOTS) to check OUT of BOTS and had it stamped at Gemsbok border post to check back INTO the RSA. Make sense if one goes to think about it.

We could however also decided not to have our passports stamped at TR (RSA) on the day when we entered the park at Mata Mata, stayed for the week in the park (without leaving the park) and then only had our passports stamped at Two Rivers (BOTS), Bokspits (BOTS) & Gemsbok (RSA), as the park is seen as "common ground" between the two countries (BOTS & RSA).

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:09 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
FAC Member (2012)
Interesting AB, & welcome to the forum. I suppose if you left at 2R, instead of going through Bots, you could have had your passports stamped on the day you left, making your stay in the park 'in limbo'!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:13 pm 

BB

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, you are 100% correct. I just don't know for how long you can strech the time period between the two stamps.

Post subject: From Kgalagadi to Namibia
Unread postPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:48 pm 

Hello everybody,

Next October we are spending 2 weeks in South Africa and Namibia. Far too short, I know, but unfortunately it is not possible for us to go for a longer period.

Glancing through some items on this forum I come across the possibility to enter the Kgalagadi at Mata Mata. All the maps and books I have state that the road from Mata Mata into Namibia is closed. Is this not true? Is it possible to leave the park at Mata Mata and drive directly towards Gochas and Mariental.

I hope someone can give an answer.
Kind regards!

Yvonne

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:04 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

ylangman, the Mata Mata borderpost was reopened recently, so that's why your maps show it as closed. But it is up and running now.

There are some terms and conditions attached - the main one is that you have to spend at least two nights in KTP.

And a warm welcome to the forums - I see it's your first post.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:41 pm 

Thanks restio, this clears things up for me.

Perhaps you can also help me with this: we start our trip in the Kgalagadi at the Botswana side (mabuasehube area), then drive via Twee Rivieren to Mata Mata to leave the park.

Can we at Twee Rivieren also take care of the Botswana costums (getting out of Botswana and entering South Africa)?

Thanks!
Greetings, Yvonne

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:44 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi ylangman, yep we did it last year.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:25 am 
Guru
Guru

Good day everyone. I have just received some important info from Namibian Immigrations regarding the Mata-Mata crossing:

NO wood or firearms are allowed into Namibia; even though SA and Botswana allow wood and sealed firearms, they are not allowed in through the Mata-Mata gate into Namibia. Please plan accordingly, as the officials at the gate will refuse entry, which will usually result either in wood being left behind, or a long detour to Rietfontein.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next