Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: jb72 picnic in WCNP - Aug 2007
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:30 am 

Hi everyone,

Had lovely picnic in WCNP yesterday, and thought I'd share some of the pics with you. I'm surprised we have not had a report from any of the other Cape Town formunites (forgive me if I missed one), cause the flowers are once again quite spectacular this year. For those of you who don't know - SAnParks open up the "Postberg" part of the park for only two months of the year (August & September) when the flowers bloom. Unfortunately it can be extreemly busy over weekends, but we were at the gates just after 7, and had a bit of time to ourselfes before the crowds arrived. Although the gates to the Postberg part of the park only open at 9 it is still a nice drive to get there, and some scenic stops along the way to keep you busy.

Some of the pics we took:

We stopped at Plankiesbaai for our picnic, and had a couple of these lads strutting their moves.

And someone waiting for any scraps left behind.

The best part of WCNP in Agust is off coarse the flowers:

There are also lots of animals around, but it was getting a bit too busy for them, and they were halfway up the mountains.

That's it then. What a great way to spend your Sunday morning !!! :dance: Any Cape Townians who have not been should really make a plan (during the week if possible). Just wait for one of those rare sunshine days.....

Cheers
Jean

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:51 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
FAC Member (2012)
HI jb72,

Did you miss this?

A group of forumites will be gathering at Plankiesbaai for lunch after a bit of birding this Sunday.
A bit of advice would be nice.
If you could join us that would be better.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:34 pm 

Hi BB,

Sorry about that - feel like a total amateur ! Did not know about your plans. Leaving for Kruger next week, so I have one or two things to do the weekend, but I'll certainly try and make a plan. Will be nice to meet some of you !!!

Can only agree with Dreamer that the traffic is absoluutly hectic, and that the earlier you go the better. We were one of the first cars at Plankiesbaai, and it was grand, but by 12:00 or 13:00 it was absoluut mayhem. We left early too, as it was getting a bit too much.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:10 pm 

Yeah DG I know exactly what you mean. Had a field day experimenting with my camera. I was quite impressed with the macro function.

Can't wait to go experimenting in Kruger...... :dance:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]