* Guinea Pig (who first joined as Santie) thought there were Springbok in KNP.
Jacov did however find proof of springbok in KNP.
* Meg was heartbroken that people ate Skilpaadjies
* Acekam invented the "Yellow Ribbon
I would like to propose that all forum members tie a yellow ribbon to the side mirror of their vehicles when travelling through the park. That way, forum members can be easily identified by other forum members and greet each other.
* The original Orpen webcam was relocated for the following reason:
From a conservation point of view we were advised by the ranger at Orpen, to relocate the camera as the water overflow to the natural waterhole will no longer take place as it the presence of this overflow of water in the waterhole that is causing a lot of animal traffic which is causing a lot of erosion.
* There is such a thing as Musketeer code:
Who (of the Angels of course) can still write in Muskateer?
Did they ever knew how?I don't think they'll be able to remember difficult things like that.
* WTM became known as 'Oom' for the following reason:
Two very pretty girls were handing out samples in a supermarket. I forgot what exactly. I'm sure WTM will remember, as this day must be permanently etched in his memory. The Wildtuinman strolled by and froze when he heard them say: "Would you like to try some, Oom"?
* Musketeers took years to believe there was such a thing as a LIT and become members of LITS.
* How did 'Angels' and 'Musketeers' originate on this forum?
Me and Meg! Acekam, WTM and Bwana were making life difficult for us and I called them the Three Musketeers. Meg came up with Angels for the Ladies!
* The first forum meets:
.... was the "Pillow Fight Meet", aka first (unoffical) international EuroMeet (25-27 May 2005).
The first one in South Africa was held in Gauteng in May 2005.
* GP's favourite insult was "gaan vang 'n vlieg"
* Bwana, GP, WTM and W@H were the first mods.
* Bwana and Twigga were the only forum members to appear on the webcam.
* The first trip report.
* The first sms report to be sent in.
* The first lions captured on cam (Orpen):
The Sharky wrote:
* Mikey is the first 'forum' baby.
* Admin's oldest post
that is still on the forum.
* Kruger's (Danie) oldest post on the forum can be found here - Kruger National Park forum.
* KNP Spokesman's oldest post on the forum can be found here.