Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wildkyker's The Enslins July Kruger visit. July 2013
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:28 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Trip report of our family visit to Kruger park July 2013

After my December visit to the Kruger park I wrote my first travel tale. It took a while to do so as I am Afrikaans speaking and to put words in English takes a bit longer.
As I was constantly revisiting the park in my mind to remember all and put it to words I was also thinking ahead and looking forward to the next visit. It did not take long to convince the wife we must go in the July holiday.
We started planning in April and the winter months is diffcult to get accomodation in the park,but I was determind and with effort and lots of visits to the online system I got it done.
We where going to Kruger from 30 June to 13 July.
It was a loooong wait of 3 full months and eventualy 30 June came. The car was loaded and the Enslins was on their way to Orpen gate.
We got our entry permit en what a relief to be back in our beloved Kruger Park.
At the Orpen shop I bouht my son and I, Kruger passports and I took a photo a every camp and gate that it was stamped. This one Orpen Gate.
After all the wait and dreaming it was reality and there beyond the gates the Kruger was waiting.
The reason for driving from Pretoria to Orpen gate to enter was that we would spend our first night at Tamboti camp.
We where very lucky to get tent number 40 as I reckon is the tent with the best view of the Timbavati river.
Other than the other tents this one is at the end so you have the view to the right all to yourself.
We offloaded and settled in. There was some featherd visitors like this Bont Houtkapper.
After the days long drive from Pretoria we took it easy in camp. Had a braai and just relaxed. It was nice and quiet. Tamboti camp has got the real Bush feeling. It was so wonderfull to be back.
What was waiting for us on the trip that laid ahead…….

Post subject: Re: The Enslins July Kruger visit.
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:10 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

1 July
My family and I woke up the next morning so relaxed after a great night at Tamboti. I woke up early,made coffee and watched the sun come up over the cold dry Timbavati riverbed. I was time to leave Tamboti but you can bet we will be back.
Just out the gate I had to take my a photo with the pasport.
Due to the H7 that was damaged we had to take the Rabelais loop. We stopped at the Rabelais hut and I gave my son his first history lesson about the Orpens.
We took the S36 South. We saw some Blouwildebeest
There where Elephants drinking at the Muzandzene waterhole and we stopped at the picnic site and streched our legs,we would make breakfast at Nhlanguleni.
What a Majestic animal.
The S36 did not deliver much. We searched hard for Sable but could not find them.
I just love these quiet picnic spots. Its so rustic and we where mosly the only people there.
We made a lovely African scottelbraai breakfast.
Who said snakes sleep in winter? This Pufadder gave me the koue rillings. Dit bly maar ’n lelike ding.
Further South on the S36 we came across a breeding herd. The small ones is so cute. I reckon he qualifies for the All ears thread on the Forum?
In this picture one gets a beter perspective of how small the babies is in relation to the mother. Note the Sandpatrys on the road.
The Hammerkop bird is a great sighting to have, look at these two love birds building their nest.
We took the H12 and H4-1 South to Lower Sabie. It was very quiet on these roads.
We arrived at Lower Sabie, checked in and made our way to the Safaritent.
We where going to stay in LST2U number 20.
The Wildkykers passed out on the bed.
This was our view. There was an Elephant bathing in the river and hippos making their deep laughing sounds long into the night.
There was some feathered friends visiting us.
As the sun went down on our first full day in the Kruger,we relaxed with a great view and braai, listening to the night sounds. Laying in bed that night I was so greatfull to be there and to experience the African bush and to share it with my family……

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:45 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

2 July
Today I was up early. Out the gate at 6:00. It was a cold misty morning. The fog was realy thick and you could not see far into the veld. I drove North on the H10 and left on the S29 to do the S128 round trip back to camp. I did see some Hornbills. I counted them and saw 19 of them on the whole trip.
Back on the bridge over the Sabie river some feathered friends.
Back at camp we made breakfast and enjoyed a different kind of foggy view.
We departed at Lower Sabie camp around 10am We did not see very much on our H4-2, S130, H5, S25 route. We stopped at the Hippo pools. Amazing how the ranger rides on his bicycle from Crocodile Bridge camp every morning to get to his office.
He showed us the damaged bushman drawing on the rock.
Here is the rangers view of the Crocodile river.
We left the park and went to Komatipoort for some shopping to return to Crocodile Bridge camp at check in time.
Crocodile Bridge gate.
And here is the old entrance gate.
I booked Safari tent no 8 for us.
Tents no 7 & 8 has a view on the fence
Little Wildkyker and I took a afternoon strole to take a photo with our passports at the gate.
I braaied for us that evening and I baked bread in a platboom pot. We enjoyd the nagapies playing in the trees around our tent. It was a lovely evening.
It was a quiet day again, but we didn’t mind for just being here made it all worth while….

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:42 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

3 July
We left Crocodile Bridge camp at about 8:00 this morning. Just out of the gate this Hyena came walking down the wild footpath. This is one of those that walks around the camp at night, their den is close to the camp.
We set out North on the S28 in search of Cheetahs but no luck, not much luck the whole day. I didnt understand because thie South is suppose to be the best area to spot game. I began to question our gamespotting abilities.
Rhinos how great to see them.
A dagga boy just before the Ntandanyathi hide.
Not much at Ntandanyathi though. We pushed on to Nkulu picnic site via the H4-1. I wanted to have a buffalo pie,but to no avail, the kitchen was closed and has been for a while with no intention of opening soon. Ag nee, man Nkulhu.
Passort photo time.
We arrived at Skukuza a bit early to check in so w used the time to go and stamp the passport at the shop and have a look around. Wildkyker and Little Wildkyker at the Papenfus Clock tower.
After check in we arrived at our Bungalo nr. 43. Look at me flying my yellow ribbon.
In the late afternoon we took a strole down to the river. Friendly people told us that there was two leopards on the other side of the river. I ran back to get my binoculars to have a look. Lots of people saw these two leopards from the deck at the restaurant maybe you did too?
Little wildkyker is not too impressed though.
What a lovely view over the Sabie river as the sun set that evening.
We had a lovely evening dining at the Selati restaurant. The old Steam train took me way back into thinking just how it must have been in those days visiting the park by train or just passing through from Delagoa bay to Origstad…….

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:17 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

4 July
Our trip was very nice so far, we enjoyd the bush feeling and we did see some general game but it was quiet. Even today would turn out to be a quiet one.
We headed out for an early drive on the H4-1 and the loops near Skukuza and did not see anything exept the usual Impala and Warthog. Back at camp we made breakfast then all of as sudden WHAT IS THAT A MOSNTER!
No it was just a very hungry Little Wildkykertjie…
We departed Skukuza at about 10am but not before our passport photo
Heading out on the H11 making a stop at Lake Panic.
Slanghals
Bloureier
Grootlangtoon
Its always nice to sit there just looking at the birds. There where Hippos and a huge crocodile as well.
West on the H11 to Kruger gate
Just on the S3 a different angle of the Kruger park emblem
We turned of on the S4 and right to Phabeni gate on the S1
It was a first visit for me
Just back on the S1 we stopped at the Albasini ruins for coffee
South on the S3 Albasini road and close to giving up, there where two (Roofarende) that caught a snake. Got a picture before they made off
It was an overcast day and the animals was realy scarse.
We had a stop at Numbi gate
Pretoriuskop would be our resting place for the night. I was fortunate enough to get a BD2D bungalow
With this view in the direction of the swimmingpool
A chilly evening greeted us as we had a braai. The wind was cold as I sat on the porch thinking about Wolhuter having his discussions with his fellow rangers under the tree not far from where we stayed.
It was indeed a very quiet day with little animals. Hopefully our luck would change….

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:28 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

5 July
An early start took us around the Fayi loop, the suurveld around Pretorius kop is very lush and makes it difficult to see the game.
On the Voortrekker road we saw two Steenbuck playing
The Voortrekke road has never been kind to me. We stopped at Afsaal for breakfast and I had the Koedoe wors and pap and I highly recommed. (Nee kyk daai mense ken van) and of course passport photo
We left Afsaal and went North East on roads H3,S113,S23, and S114 to join the Nwatimhiri road (S21) where we did see the only Klipspringers on our trip

and Rhino
It started to rain and I spotted birds in a dead tree wich seem to be stranded because of their wet feathers and what a nice sighting. Pigeon Doves
We arrived at Lower Sabie wich would be our camp for the next two days. Our accomodation was the LST2 no 6 tent
Now would you believe me when I tell you that that afternoon we went for a drive along the Sabie river and stopped where some cars was parked. We asked what it is they saw. It was a Leopard down in the bush and the kill up in the tree. We did not see the Leopard because he was down at the bottom of the tree and the bush to thick. We waited half an hour for the Leopard to climb up and start eating his kill. What is it that you wont believe you ask? I forgot the camera at camp …..

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:57 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

6 July
This morning I was out the gate early in a Southern direction and onto the S82 and S137 roads in search of the elusive animals. Little Wildkyker and SO was kipping a little late this morning. Did not see much on the S82 but saw this Reuse-ooruil calling for the sun to rise.
Some Zebra at the Duke waterhole
This Kaalwang Valk was ’n great sighting for me as he searched for something to eat in the cracks of the dead tree
Always happy to see a Rhino
Then I was lucky to spot this Grootmeneer just before returning to camp
I knew that this must have been one of the up and coming Tuskers of Kruger and I wrote to Aat and asked him. He replied that it indeed is Zambhala and I am proud to share that he used this photo on his website Tuskers of Africa
Back at camp we made breakfast and used the time to do some washing and had a pretty relaxed day
For the afternoon drive the whole crew set out on the H10 over the Sabie river.
Lucky to see Rhino
We drove the S29 in search of Cheetah but no luck. We arrived at Mlondozi picnic area at the time of day where everybody was making their way to the gates. It was quiet and I do not think many people get to see it so deserted
We made our way slowly down the H10 again back to camp. Just over the Sabieriver bridge and at long last the King made his apperance
He was using the bridge to get over the river
We celebrated the day with dinner at the restaurant

It was a great day and it seemed like our luck was changing. This was our last day in the South. Tommorow we would be heading North….

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:18 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

7 July
It was time to leave the South and go North. We left early this morning but first the Passport Photo
Onto the H10 over the Sabie river and what a sunrise to greet you
’n Witrug aasvoel on the way
There was quite a lot of burned veld on the Eastern side of the H10. My SO got a great sighting of Reedbuck. They where very skittish and ran away without any good pictures. We counted 4 and did see another one further up the road. What a great sighting.
Always great to see a Saddlebilled Stork. I count them as well and we did see 7 on our whole trip.
Up and up and up we went and stopped at the Nkumbe lookout point and what a view
Down again and right on the H1-2 for brunch at Tshokwane but first the Passport photo
The all too familiar thatched roof
A little bushbuck down at the river
Have you ever tried the Koedoe wors and pap? Baie lekker!
After brunch we where off. It was too early to head for Satara so I suggested that we go to Orpen dam, someone told me that the Leasint had been washed away so I wanted to see. Just on the S35 we saw a car parked and people looking through their binos. We stopped and asked what it was they saw. It took lots of directions showing for this animal was laying hidden.
We waited for an hour to see if he would stand up. I took the time to play with Little Wildkyker when at last it stood up and it was worth the wait because what it was, was very special
Do you see the Impala in the back ground? Well I reckon they knew about hom but he tried to stalk them
The Impala was snorting and warning their mate so his cover was blown,but what a spectacular sighting and worth the wait
At Mazithi dam a Grootwit Reier
We arrived at Satara and booked in to our Bungalow
One with a great view
Later on we took a strole and the Passport Photo
Late that afternoon I took a drive on the H7 to the Nsemani dam
There was a herd of breeding Elephants come down to drink
As the Africa sun went down we started our Braaivleis vuur and listened to the Jackal calling.
A little later into the evening there was a lion not far from camp roaring. We tried our best to see him bur could only hear.
I tried to capture the sound as best I could
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abj3g_MvXPM
At about 21:00 that evening I had a walk through camp and spotted something running.
An African Wild wtih crazy eyes.
What a day and what a welcome to the central region of the Kruger. I just cant wait to see whats next…

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:22 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

8 July
I was up early this morning and made a cup of coffee to meet the day at Satara. We were out of the gate early too,just as the sun came out. We headed on to the S100 in search of Lion but no luck, no luck at all. We did not see much actualy.
Duiker
Wildebeest
It was an overcast day I wonder if it has a influance?
We turned North on the S41 and had a stop at Gudzani dam and headed up to the S90 Junction. I have read about this Ou Hoofpad and that it is not the best road for viewing game but I had to try…
Gompou
No luck at all. In all that open plains nothing to see…
Because of the Balule bridge that is out of order we took the Ngotso Weir road to the H1-5 and the H8 to Olifants for brunch.
Little Wildkyker enjoyd the view up from the restaurant.
Speaking of the view
When we made our way to the reception I had butterflies in my stomach because it was the first time that we would stay over at Olifants. I kept it secret to my SO and she was quite surprized
A further surprize would be to what unit we would stay in. BD2V no 2

With a great view over the Olifants
Featherd friends
Later that afternoon I took a walk around the camp
Impalalelies
Spook voêl
The view from the Bungalos on the Eastern side of Camp
In the late afternoon I took a drive down the S93 and S44 loop. I saw this Elephant with a broken off tusk. I sent the picture to Aat Vuik, he says it might be a tusker but the photo gives too little info to ID him. He was quite in thick bush.
The view from the Olifants viewpoint on the S44
The sun was beginnig to fade qiuckly but I caught this turtle whiles crossing the road to another pool
Nyalas in the fading light
Today was not the day for animals but it was a great day at Olifants and what a great view.
We ended the day with ’n lekker vleisie op die kole
While laying inbed and listening to the river flowing, I couldnt think of any other place I would rather be…..

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:12 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

9 July
We woke up to a cool morning today and sat on the bungalows porch wrapped in blankets admiring the view with ’n koppie sawwe lyf.
It was sad to leave this beautifull camp. Before we did we had to stop at the fuel station.

Then not to forget our Passport photo.

Little Wildkyker enjoying the elephant tusks that greets you at Olifants gate.

Down the hill we went when my SO spotted a young Bateleur sitting on a rock.

How lucky to get so close..
We headed for Letaba via the H1-5 for breakfast. Coming into camp I just got that feeling wich I cant put into words. There is just something special about this camp. Big trees the Letaba river, Elephant Country. If you have to pick a favourite camp Letaba is up there thats for sure.
The view from the restaruant over the river
The restaurant while we wait for our breakfast
We did spend some time in the camp visiting the shop and just taking in this magical place.
One of the resident Bushbuck drinking water from the sprayer
Then it was North on the H1-6 Elephant country
At the Middelvlei waterhole the yougsters drinking together
The road further North was quiet. We turned left to Mopani where we would spend the night. The first time for the Enslins
Passport photo
We checked in at the reception. I dont know if you have seen the photo hanging inside Mopani reception that someone took at Tihongonyeni waterhole with an Eland, Tsessebe and Roan in one picture. Wow how lucky can you get.
Our accomodation would be the Family Bungalo no 76
Offloading the car is tiring work but we settled in and while my SO took a nap, Little wildkyker dragged me out the Bungalow for a walk through camp.
The big Boabab inside camp
We took the walking trail along the Pioneer dam
All along the North Western fence
A great bonding between father and son in the Kruger park.
Later that afternoon we took a drive down the S49 where we were lucky to see Tsessebe wich would be one of only 3 on our whole trip
We turned at Nshawu no 1 to find this rubble where the were a man made waterhole once. I reckon that this is one of those that they blew up?
A heavy tanned Giraffe. Note the unique flower shape on the lower neck
Back at camp it was dinner time with Little Wildkyer lending a hand
We endid the day with a nightcap op Amarula, whilst reflecting on another wonderfull day in the Kruger. Mopani camp might become one of my SO favourites. Me, I am still deciding…..

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:02 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

10 July
I was up early this morning and while Little Wildkyker and my SO were still sleeping I was out. Third in line to be exact. There was however different weather in the air today. A thick fog has rolled in and smothered the Mopani district. I climbed on the S49 and just before the Mooiplaas Waterhole a African Wildcat ran across the road, too quickly gone for a photo. The fog was so thick you couldn’t see the resevoir at Mooiplaas waterhole from the road.
Near the Nshawu Moeras a Hyena was running
I turned onto the S143 Capricorn road and a Groot Troupant greeted me
There were also Namakwa Duifies sitting in the road
Gompou
I counted 19 Gompoue around the Tihongonyeni waterhole area, here is 4 in one picture
Now, Tihongonyeni is a magical place but today it was very special. The thick fog was hanging around and it was cold. Not like in December when it is so hot you cant live in the car. I stopped at the wildmill and switched off the car.
Have you ever seen Tihongonyeni like this?
I made a few runs up and down the S143 to see if the wind would blow away the fog but it did not. It was very difficult to see anything. I could here the zebras running and calling but I could not see them.
If you look at this photo, the dots is Ostriches. I counted about 30 of them
I would have stayed the whole day but I had to get back to Little Wildkyker and my SO and we had to be out of the Bungalow by 10:00. We packed up and went to the deck restaurant bar area for something nice to eat.
Little Wildkyker settled for a warm bottle of milk while we looked over the Pioneer dam.
Leaving Mopani heading North on the H1-6 a Knopstert Troupant greeted us
The big Boabab on Bowerskop
The road was quiet the rest of the way. We arrived at Shingwedzi. I was eager to see how this old camp was doing after the floods of January.
The restaurant area was fenced off
The reception area also has changed
The shop closed with a make shift one on the far left. Also the animal sightings board gone.
We checked into our accommodation wich was Hut no 62
With this view to the inner circle
Later that afternoon Little Wildkyker and I took a walk through camp,
This is the swimming pool under construction
Fuel station
Shingwedzi gate with a temporary fence

Beautiful Kameeldoring and Impalalelie
Here is one for the Little Wildkyker fans
In the late afternoon I drove on the S134 and S50 to get a glimpse of the Kanniedood dam, but couldn’t see it. I did see some Nyala
Back on the bridge over the Shingwedzi river a great sunset and Elephants
We had a braai that evening whilst Little Wildkyker was watching to see if we do everything right
Shingwedzi has taken a beating with the past flood but is surely come back to life. We were still having a great time in my favourite place under the sun…..

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:28 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

11 July
I was out the gate early again this morning because I wanted to do the Red Rocks Road. So I left camp in the dark not able to see anything. South on the H1-6 and right at the first S52 turn off. As the sun slowly broke through the cloud blanket I saw the only Sharpes Grysbok of the trip
I searched for the Leopards that the people wrote about on the Red Rocks road but didn’t see any. Went over the Shingwedzi at the Silvervis dam
Wanted to see the
What a wonderful place, just peace and quiet. I climbed onto the rocks and I was standing high looking down over the Tshange river. Pity I did not have a lot of time because a rain cloud was rolling in fast pushed by aan icy wind, got this picture with some rain drops on the lens
At the end of the S52 loop I did see some Giraffe
Back at camp we gathered our things and loaded up to travel further when something great happened. In the middle of winter rain started falling. How great is that. I don’t think it happens often that rain fall in Shingwedzi never the less on a ice cold winter day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCkQr_67 ... e=youtu.be

It was time to depart but not before our Passport photo
On the wet H1-7 road we saw a Ovambo Sperwer
The road was quiet with no luck of the rare antelope. We stopped at Babalala to make breakfast
Stompie die seerower was ook daar.
Further North on the H1-7 with no luck. I took the S58 turnoff to the Dzundzwini spring. I was disappointed to see the road ending in a jeep track with no view or spring toe be seen.
We exited the S58 on the H13-1 on our way to Punda Maria. Just before the power lines crossing the road my eye caught something laying in the grass next to the road. Could it be?
A Leopard in brought daylight right next to the road!
I turned off the engine and we were quiet
Like with every good sighting there must be someone coming along making noise and not shutting their car off wich made the Leopard disappear into the thicket
We arrived at the gem of the North
Checked in at reception and putting our black magnet on the sightings board
We would be staying here for the last 2 nights of our wonderful trip
Little wildkyker checking out the bed for us and not helping with the offloading of the car. :naughty:
My SO not helping either… :sup:
What great accommodation we were privelidged to have for this stay
Later the afternoon Little Wildkyker and I took a walk through camp. Down to the hide at the waterhole. I saw a car parked with a Yellow ribbon so I had to ask and guess who we met? Roaneric.
That evening, like every evening it was time for Little Wildkykers bath, and with most of the accommodation not having baths it was improvisation and a lot of fun
With everyone clean we made hamburgers and had a lovely dinner in Punda.
Tomorrow would be our last full day in the park. Could the time have flown by so quickly…..

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:42 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

12 July
Today was the last full day we would be spending in Kruger and I wanted to make the best of it. I wanted to do the remaining Northern part but Little Wildkyker and my SO was not up for the long drive today. So I took it on alone. First out the gate with rain to greet me
Out on the H13-1 to go and see if I could find the Leopard again. He was hiding his catch under a bush the day before so I reckoned I just might…
The light was not good for a photo but just as proof. I got to see the Leopard again.
I turned right on the H1-8 heading North in search of Bevkenyas Elande but nothing. I had a stop at Klopperfontein dam and at the drif that Bevkenya laid out there.
The road North was quiet. I passed Boabab hill and turned left on the S64 to see Nyala on the Nyala loop
This is the area for the mighty Boababs
A very special sighting for me was these Kuifkop Tarentaal. It was the first time I saw them and I came here to search for them. It was great to at last see them.
The flood plains was green and full of live after the big waters that rushed past here in January
The Luvuvhu still flowing
The damage of the floods still visible
The drive up the H1-9 was a very first for me and a change of scenery greeted me. The trees where orange with autumn leaves and very pretty. Not much animals though. I arrived at the most Northern gate of the park
The North Western border of the park
I asked the ranger to take my passport photo at the Pafuri gate. Little Wildkyker is going to come and get his stamped on a next trip
This was the most Northern road in the park and looking back on it what an adventure!
Back over the Luvuvhu I turned left onto the S63. The floodplains so green now what usually is just dust
I made a stop at Pafuri picnic site wich is up and running despite the floods
I wanted to visit Crooks corner but the road was still un acessable and also the Pafuri border post. So I missed out on that passport stamp, got to get it next time…
Again a quiet road down the H1-8. I turned right on the S61 to find some Punda (gestreepte donkies)
And an old Dagha boy at Klopperfontein
I reckon these birds and their cousins are the most photographed in Kruger?
A herd of Buffalo crossed the road and I wa very pleased to see the Geelbek Renostervoêl another first for me
A slow drive along the S60 back to Punda Maria. It was a long day and I was tired. Nothing like a fire to finish off the day
We had a special braai this evening for it was our last one. We bought Koedoe steak and Wors at Letaba and it was our feast for the night
After dinner when little ones was off to bed I sat outside looking at the fire and a big sadness came over me. How could our trip be over. I felt like just yesterday that we arrived at Tamboti. I did not have a good night because I did not want to leave…..

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:54 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
13 July
I woke up today very sad because we were leaving the park. All the excitement and planning for months and now it was all over.
I sat on the deck at the tent with the mornings Boeretroos. Some birds came to say goodbye
Little Wildkykertjie not happy to leave either
So we packed up everything and slowly drove on to Punda Maria gate but not before the passport photo
Just before the gate we stopped at
There was nothing going on here and everything was locked
At the gate it was time to show our exit permit
And to take our last passport photo for the trip
Punda Maria gate and the wonderful place the lies beyond
I thank the Lord for giving me a lovely wife and beautiful son. And for the opportunity to visit the Kruger park. To be able to share in nature and to be part of conservation so that all the Little Wildkykertjies will be able to experience what we did.
Thank you all for reading and sharing the trip. Looking back at the road it was an adventure.
THE END

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]