Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics






Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 2
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: mobi site
Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:40 am
Posts: 76
Location: Johannesburg
Thanks very much stevenjm! :gflower:

I confirm that I can now get in on both the mobi site and SANParks.org site.

Thanks once again for so speedily rectifying this, much appreciated. :thumbs_up:

_________________
A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: mobi site
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:07 am 
Offline
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 1:52 am
Posts: 2021
Location: Arizona, USA
JenB wrote:
Stark, I had the same problem.
The problem is not with the .mobi site but with the browser on your phone, you must be using one that is not link enabled.

After having to endure many complaints from me, Steven kindly reset mine to Firefox on morning over a plate of bacon and eggs and the links all work perfectly now. :redface:


I'm not so sure, JenB. I get the same experience on IOS using Chrome, Safari, and the native browser in the Facebook app for iPhone. I can get to mobile pages and follow links for every other website I've tried, save SANParks. I'll try my wife's iPhone tonight and see if I get the same experience. If other iPhone users are having the same experience, SANParks should look into it. :thumbs_up:

_________________
A long life may not be good enough, but a good life is long enough. Benjamin Franklin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: mobi site
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:51 am 
Offline
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:15 pm
Posts: 682
There are 3 tapatalk options varying from R24.99 to R39.99 for iPhone and iPad .
Not having used any of them makes it impossible to choose the best one!
I think I would like an option that works on both iPhone and iPad even though I don't have both devices.
Any advice out there?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: mobi site
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:32 pm 
Offline
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 1:52 am
Posts: 2021
Location: Arizona, USA
Stark wrote:
JenB wrote:
Stark, I had the same problem.
The problem is not with the .mobi site but with the browser on your phone, you must be using one that is not link enabled.

After having to endure many complaints from me, Steven kindly reset mine to Firefox on morning over a plate of bacon and eggs and the links all work perfectly now. :redface:


I'm not so sure, JenB. I get the same experience on IOS using Chrome, Safari, and the native browser in the Facebook app for iPhone. I can get to mobile pages and follow links for every other website I've tried, save SANParks. I'll try my wife's iPhone tonight and see if I get the same experience. If other iPhone users are having the same experience, SANParks should look into it. :thumbs_up:


FYI still not working for Chrome or Safari or Facebook IOS. Once I try to follow a link to the SANParks page (via a post in Facebook or a link on the forum), I get dumped to the .mobi main page. Can someone take a look at this?

_________________
A long life may not be good enough, but a good life is long enough. Benjamin Franklin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: mobi site
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:17 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 438
Location: PTA, South Africa
kite wrote:
There are 3 tapatalk options varying from R24.99 to R39.99 for iPhone and iPad .
Not having used any of them makes it impossible to choose the best one!
I think I would like an option that works on both iPhone and iPad even though I don't have both devices.
Any advice out there?

Kite,

I purchased mine at R24.99 and it works on both iPad and iPhone ...

_________________
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: mobi site
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:19 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:46 am
Posts: 438
Location: PTA, South Africa
Stark wrote:
FYI still not working for Chrome or Safari or Facebook IOS. Once I try to follow a link to the SANParks page (via a post in Facebook or a link on the forum), I get dumped to the .mobi main page. Can someone take a look at this?

I will investigate this for you ... also - we are just about (95%) done with the new mobi site so I think alot of these issues will be rectified then too.

I know with news it does what you are saying ... but i will check the other stuff out.

_________________
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: mobi site
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:09 am 
Offline
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 17918
Location: Johannesburg - where they cut down trees and name streets after them.
I use the ordinary SANParks site but if I click on a link it opens in .mobi. Does not matter if it's from an email, PM, Facebook or a post.

Is it a problem with my settings somehow? :?

_________________
Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: mobi site
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:47 pm
Posts: 242
Location: DURBAN
Is there a problem with the .mobi. site. I have been using it for months on my Samsung Galaxy Ace and all of a sudden nothing. I have tried to access the site on a Lumia 520 and the same thing.....Nothing.

_________________
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: mobi site
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:39 pm 
Offline
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:03 pm
Posts: 9537
Location: Upington RSA
FAC Member (2012)
Hi mizzbee I could not access the mobi site yesterday on my office computer, but just now clicked there and this posting is made via the mobi site. Maybe just a gremlin yesterday??

_________________
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: mobi site
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:47 pm
Posts: 242
Location: DURBAN
Thank you lion queen. I have just tested on my mobile and it is now working. :thumbs_up:

_________________
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: mobi site
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:04 pm 
Offline
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:03 pm
Posts: 9537
Location: Upington RSA
FAC Member (2012)
Pleasure........ :thumbs_up:

_________________
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Webcams Highlights

Addo Nossob Orpen Satara
Addo Nossob Orpen Satara
Submitted by Jurie van Vuuren at 12:26:03 Submitted by grannyb at 13:36:11 Submitted by Anonymous at 12:10:12 Submitted by Anonymous at 09:31:24