Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 13 of 14
 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tsamma Land Re-opens
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:29 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

:gflower: :gflower: :clap: Thanks Vanessa, Dinah and Jannie

everything is possible :thumbs_up:

SJ

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:49 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

This is bothering me but a bit wary of making any new suggestions. But something to think about?

A new need is going to come up very soon and it's an important one. Schools are closing but opening up again too soon after. There are kids of school going age who are going to need basic school items, guys. A pencil case, stationery, lunchbox.

Can't we help with that as well? Just a suggestion?

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:15 pm 
Guru
Guru

Very good suggestion

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:04 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

From my experience as teacher and being still involved with tutoring this will be a basic Needslist. When you donate items to Tsamma Land, keep the list in mind? Especially for the next couple of months. :D

Think of Highschool and Primary School:

Highschool:

Pencils (HB for drawings etc.)
A couple BIC Blue pens. (The other kinds smudge.)
1 BIC Black Pen
Eraser (the soft kind)
A very simple pencil case
30cm Ruler
Colouring pencils
Lunchbox

Primary school:

Pencils (not HB, schools prefer the hard ones. Can't remember now which we always asked for. Will check if my sister remembers.)
A couple BIC Blue pens. (The other kinds smudge.)
Eraser (the soft kind)
A very simple pencil case
30cm Ruler
Crayons. (Schools prefer the ones that look like pens, the crayon "rolling" out, but any is better than nothing)
Lunchbox

Then a very simple item which get pricey as each subject needs at least one, sometimes more:

Script books..... Think hard-cover, brown floppy cover, anything inbetween
Brown paper and plastic rolls
Files for papers

:think:

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:20 pm 
Guru
Guru

Hi there,

I have posted a series of pictures on the Arid Park page under the thread 'Tsamma Land Holiday Programme"

KG

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:05 am 
Guru
Guru

Hi there,

I have just posted a video clip of the Chrismas party on the Arid Parks page named Tsamma Land Girls - Thank you.

BEWARE IT WILL BRING TEARS TO THE EYES

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:14 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

:thumbs_up: KG - will read it immediately.

I have already :cry: in my eyes for not being able to come to the land of the dunes.

Leana :cry:

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
KG did bring tears to my eyes ... Are there any photos of the tsamma kids receiving their gifts .. would love to see them

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:00 pm 
Guru
Guru

Hi there Hugh,

Yip im busy to upload and download pics and video clips to be posted, it will happen today just taking some time.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:31 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

As 2013 returns to normality, just a reminder about Tsammaland and a community that desperately needs your help.

Soon schools are re-opening creating a whole new set of needs as far as stationery and clothes are concerned. Please remember the kids in the months to come. Your help and support is very much appreciated. We arrived at Twee Rivieren on a Sunday and had to go look for Kgalagadi Guru. We ended up at the building that houses the laundry and there was a little girl with her dad. You guys should've seen her face when we told him we had stuff to deliver to Tsammaland. :lol:

A very special Thank You to Kgalagadi Guru and Kaalvoetklonkie.
We saw how important Tsammaland and the Kalahari community are to them. Their home looks like, in Kaalvoetklonkie's own words, the local Cash'nCarry. :lol: And trust us, ALL your donations go the way you intend. Kgalagadi Guru takes no prisoners.

Kudo's to the two of them for the work they are doing against all odds and fighting for what is right. They are a mean team!

Most important, they're the ones that know exactly what's needed - contact them - PLEASE! 8)

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:49 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Hi GP
Couldn't agree with you more - I also noticed the need. It's just a pity that this topic has been posted to a spot where it receives very little to no airtime from pending visitors to the park (jan until now with no response on the forum from the arid park goers, :hmz: :hmz: :hmz: )
I visited the school in jan and noticed that they would be running out of consumable supplies soon - they were on their last legs with paint, glue and paper supplies. Am trying to organise transport up to KTP for an emergency load but what I have arranged will probably only last for a short while.
Also, from my own endeavours, I have noticed that Afrikaans kiddies books are hard to come by. If other mites or the VHRs ( since this has been relegated to your site and therefore I assume your responsibility) are looking for ideas and wanting to help, hospice and other second hand bookshops are a good starting option. There are also numerous online bookstores that will arrange for postal of books to the Sanparks offices in Uppington, whereafter I am sure it will find its way to the designated beneficiaries - the kids. Anyone wanting tips on the bookstores is welcome to send me a pm.
Hope that the cricket goers and vhrs will take some contributions up with them! :pray: :D
Cheers
Gandalf

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:35 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Thanks for the reminder Gandalf :) I have to agree with everything you have said here and Guinea Pig too and will definately be taking up some stuff for the kids when I go for the cricket - we CAN'T let this just fade away and be forgotten - its far too important :thumbs_up:

Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts and we are never the same ...

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:47 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Gandalf - maybe get hold of Scipio - I read under the VHR Wild projects that he is organising a "fun bus" to go up to the cricket so maybe you can get some space in that for your Tsammaland goodies ?

Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts and we are never the same ...

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:38 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Hi Scouter
Thanks for your continuous support and commitment to this project.
The challenge is still out there - vhrs, this topic was moved to your site - lets see some support and action,otherwise please consider relocating this topic to the arid parks site where it will receive more "airtime" and attention from visitors to the park.
Gandalf

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:42 pm 

Dear forumites

SANParks have put new procedures in place with regard to donations, projects and fund raising in the parks.

There is a national process in place to register all projects and wish lists that will be channelled through the normal SANParks channels to Honorary Rangers.

Honorary Rangers, the GM : Fundraising and the CE are the only structure/individuals who are mandated to handle fundraising and/or donations within SANParks.

This project is one that is being placed on the required wish list, and it has been agreed between the park management and the VHRs that the project will continue to run on these forums under the umbrella of the VHRs.

We are very grateful to Scouter who is prepared to manage the project on, and for, the forums, working with the VHRs - thank you Scouter :gflower:

We ask that you support her with the required info she will need (listed below) to make her work as easy as possible.

Scouter will work closely with Jannie and Vanessa and bring to the forums the needs for the school, and we ask that you continue to support them in the same generous and enthusiastic manner you have been all along.

If you choose to donate to the project please do the following:

1. Please email Scouter scouterktp@gmail.com, Jannie jan.kriel@sanparks.org and myself (VHR rep) VirtualHRs@gmail.com of your intention, and what you are donating.
2. Scouter will confirm with Jannie receipt of your donation.
3. If you wish to remain anonymous and not have your donation listed on the forums, please indicate this in your first email and your wishes will be respected.
4. Cash donations must be paid into the SANParks Honorary Rangers central account. Details can be obtained from Scouter.

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next