Cricket@Kgalagadi 2013 – notice to forum members
With less than two months to go to the BIG and very EXCITING event, the guys at KTP, Jannie and Dupel and team, the folk at HO, and the forum planning committee are working hard to put everything into place to ensure a very successful Cricket@Kgalagadi
For those who have attended Cricket events before, although the basic programme will run the same as over past events there will be the added thrill of a very local ‘Kalahari flavour
’, and also a sharing and meeting with the local communities.
All proceeds raised from this event will be ploughed into the local community. We ask that you open your hearts and wallets and support the efforts as much as you can – and every little bit counts and adds up to make a huge difference.
Someone said to me the other day – this event is the biggest one yet in that area
– so let’s all stand together to make it a really happy and lasting memory for all involved.
It is now time to put a date on when final RSVPs must be in
. So, if you have been sitting on the old wire not being able to make up your mind to attend or not, just put your name on the list, make those bookings and get there ... we’d love to have you join us! Cut off date is 1 Feb 2013.
Please keep a close eye on this topic for all updates and notices. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them on this topic link
, or you may PM Jannie or me.
All travelling companions/loved ones of forum members are invited to all the events and suppers. These are very important folk at such an event; they ‘allow’ the rest of us to spend time on the forums all year and support our love for SANParks and the forums.The draft programme is as follows:Thursday 14 March 2013
– arrivals and a casual 'bring and braai' at the restaurant.
• You will not need to bring cutlery, four fires will be provided. Friday 15 March 2013 and Saturday 16 March 2013, during the day
• You do need to bring your own food and drinks, or may buy drinks from the restaurant.
– cricket matches at the Welkom school 10km south of the park.
• Transport will be provided for those who need it. Friday evening
• Please bring chairs and umbrellas – it is going to be hot and there is little shade.
• There will be stalls and displays by the locals (Khomani San and also from the communities around) which we ask that you please support.
• Lunch (hot dogs/boerie rolls/veggie rolls and cooldrinks) can be bought at the school (stalls), however no alcohol may be sold or consumed on the school grounds.
• The famous Silent Auction link will take place and will be run by forum members, please bring along plenty of cash for this too so you can buy those items you will love to have.
• There are activities for children, one being a jumping castle.
• If you would like to play, or have a companion/loved one who'd like to play, please PM Scipio or Gerharddb (mens) or PetraJ (ladies)
- a braai will be held at at Kelkiewyn, the local pub
• salad, pap n sous and fires will be provided. Saturday evening
• Braai packs are available for sale at R50 each for a chop, steak and wors. Please support this effort and buy your meat from the local community who are selling these packs.
• Drinks will be sold at the pup there – again, please support this.
– the gala evening and prize giving
• This will be held in the Hangar just outside the camp. Travel details will be given at a later stage.
• Dress for this is Kalahari smart casual – that means open neck shirts and longs for the guys. (Its going to be major to see Jannie all kitted out ) It is asked that we make a little effort to scrub up and look smart for this occasion.
• SANParks host this function and the meal is provided and a limited bar and entertainment.