Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 6 of 9
 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: In the North in Search of Cheetahs and Painted Dogs!!
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Day 58 (Dec 28th)
Today we hoped to go to Letaba, for lunch, and then daughter and SIL wanted to look around the Elephant Hall.

We had seen on Facebook that there were huge queues at the gate, so we weren't really sure whether it would have reached it's quota by the time we got there at 10am.

I'm glad to say that we were allowed in, and proceeded towards Letaba on the H9.
That is when I realised two fatal mistakes!!!!

Firstly I had left my camera at home, and secondly we were a bit low on petrol. We had plenty to get us to Letaba, but I know that sometimes in the holidays the pumps run dry, and we weren't sure we had enough to get back to Phala that afternoon.

We took a vote and decided to risk it, and luckily when we got to Letaba we were able to fill up, and pay by credit card, which is such a bonus!!!

Along the way we saw Ellies, Giraffe, Zebra, Impala, a cute little Steenie, Waterbuck, Hippo (at Nhlanganini Dam) and Baboon.

Lunch was very tasty, and then we had a nice look around the Elephant Hall. The kids found it very interesting , and before we knew it an hour had elapsed.

We had decided to go home via Mingerhout, and Shilawuri, so set off up the road.

We had no sooner turned right at the crossroads, when I spotted a lone Wildebeest by the side of the road.

WE turned onto the Mingerhout Road and saw a little group of Nyala, and loads of Impala with their babies.

As many of you will know, the river and Mingerhout Road, run side by side for a long way, and at one point, we looked down and saw a Purple Heron, and a Grey Heron, wading in the shallow water.

We saw more Ellies and Hippo, also Giraffe, Buffs, Zebra, Warthog, a shy buck that might have been a Sharpie, but bolted too quickly to tell, and a beautiful Tawny.

We picked up the main Phala Road, and saw not much else other than more Impies and a few distant Elllies.

Both going and coming back we had scoured Erfplaas for Desi and the Klippies, but they are nowhere to be seen at the moment!!

We arrived home very tired after a long hot day, and couldn't wait to jump into the pool.

Then it was sundowner time, and a delicious chicken stirfry.

Tomorrow we are visiting the Hoedspruit Cheetah and Endangered Species Centre, so as we sipped our Amarulas we eagerly discussed what the day might bring us.

I of course have no photos of my own, but SIL will give me some of his when he has downloaded them, so I will add them at a later date.

To be continued...............

Last edited by Crested Val on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:25 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Day 59 (Dec 29th)
Today we had booked to go to The Cheetah Centre at Hoedspruit.
Officially as it's not SANparks, I should not post here, so Mods if you want to delete, do your worst, but as it's part of this TR, I will try!!!

We were very impressed with the centre, which has extremely efficient and helpful staff.

We had a 25 min DVD which explains the history of the place, and the ongoing projects, all of which we found most intesesting.

We then had a 30 min tour in a safari vehicle of some of the animal enclosures, so I got to see my Cheetah and Painted Dogs!!!!! (Still hoping to see in the wild!!)
Our guide was such a nice young man, and very knowledgeable.

The toilet for the disabled was spotless (they aren't always!!)

Then we had a very tasty snack at the deli, and finally it was time to come home.

All in all we had a wonderful day!!!

Dinner was Chicken Stirfry and Rice, and of course we ended the night sipping an Amarula (or two) and reflected on a very successful day.

To be cont............

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:57 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Day 61 (Dec 31st)
Today had been a quiet day at home, because we were booked for an evening game drive from Phala Gate.

We were all very excited about the drive, and I had one animal that I really wanted to see if possible, but I know that the bush only shows you what she wants you to see, so I kept my wishes to myself!!

We arrived at the gate, where it was extremely hot, and we were told to drive through the gate, and park the car behind some buildings, because obviously when we came back, the main gates would be closed,and we would be let out of the back gate.

We had no idea who our ranger would be, as several drives were leaving at the same time, and there were several rangers milling about.

As a forumite, I was of course hoping that Lourens, would be driving us, and imagine my delight, when this very friendly ranger called out "Stephens" and introduced himself as Lourens!!

I introduced myself as Crested Val from the forums, and he said he knew who I was, having often read my posts.

He was probably just being poilte, but it was nice to hear, all the same!!

It was originally supposed to be just the four of us, but at the last minute, a Norwegian family asked to join us, so four became nine!!

We set off, and before we had gone far, Lourens received a call from a colleague to say that there was a breeding herd of Elllies near the gate, down a "No Entry" road.

Now, most of you will know by now my feelings on Ellies at close quarters, and as we sped off down the bumpy road, my heart did a somersault, especially when Lourens brought the vehicle to a stop right by the herd!!!

Because of my mobility problems, Lourens had put me to sit next to him, and the Ellies were my side of the road, so I was feeling a bit vulnerable to say the least!!

However, the whole herd seemed very relaxed, and were just concentrating on eating, they didn't even appear to realise we were there, though I'm sure if we had stepped out of line in any way, they would have soon let us know.

We eventually left them to thier dinner, turning firstly on to the main road, and then onto the S131 dirt road.

Pretty soon we saw Impala, with some really cute babies, and then a Red Crested Korhaan, "strutting his stuff"

We have often seen one making a noise and starting the courtship ritual, but until that evening, we had never witnessed the last part, namely flying up into the air, and dropping like a stone with the feathers all ruffled!! It was quite an amazing sight!!

We saw a few Eurpoean Rollers, and a Lilac Breasted Roller, and then we stopped, and Lourens started making a bird call, which was eventually answered!!!

There, high up in a tree was a Verreaux's Eagle Owl...............a first for all of us, and so exciting!! We could see it very well through the binoculars, but the camera has not done it justice I'm afraid!!!

I have never until that moment, seen an Owl of any variety in Kruger in 37 years of visiting, so I was really thrilled!!!

We continued along the road, and found a lovely group of Zebbies, with a cute little foal, and then another Red Crested Korhaan.

The strong sun, was now beginning to set, and the sky was amazing, because around the sun was fairly clear of clouds, but in the distance the clouds were black and angry looking, with flashes of lightening, and there was a partial rainbow!!!

We turned off up one of the low maintenance roads, which is something we have always wanted to do, but our little Atos, isn't (quite sensibly) allowed to go there!!

We saw a lovely large Warthog, who posed just for a second, then trotted away, with his tail high in the air!! We also saw more Impala herds and more Zebra.

Eventually we came to an open area, and Lourens stopped the vehicle for our "sundowners".

It was still very hot, and by now I was not feeling my best, so I just had a bottle of water, while the others enjoyed a beer or a cider or a cool drink.

We chatted with the Norwegians, and our daughter and SIL had lots in common with them, as they both work on a cruise ship, that regularly sails to Norway.

We were aware that it was getting darker, and in one direction we could still see the flashes of lightening, but in the other direction we witnessed the most magnificent sunset.............the sort I have only ever seen in Africa. It was truely a wonderful sight to behold.

Suddenly a strong wind blew up, and it was blissfully cool, which helped me to recover from my sickness, and then Lourens said it was time to move on, and he got the spotlights out, which were handed to our daughter on one side and our SIL on the other (Dungy was sitting between them) They were told to shout "stop" if they saw anything!

We continued aong the low maintenance road, which we knew would eventually come out onto the H14, near the koppie, and Lourens shouted "Chamelion".

Now we've seen many Chamelions over the years, but only ever on the road..........this one was in a tree, and very well camophlaged, which was very interesting.

Off we set again, and suddenly SIL shouted "stop" I think it's a little cat!!

You beauty......he had spotted an African Wild Cat, which was the one thing I was really hoping to see!! I could not believe my luck, and I am so grateful to him that he was able to find it!!

It was just sitting in the grass, and though the photos are not brilliant I'm afriad, you can definitely see what it is!!

It started to move off, and we followed it for a while, before it eventually disappeared behind a tree, and then moved deeper into the bush.

Wow, wow and wow............I was happy to go home there and then, as my greatest wish had come true!!

We pulled out onto the H14, and slowly started to make our way back to Phala. Along the way we saw seveal more Chamelions in trees, and a first for us.......... several Freckled Nightjars!!

We turned right onto the H9 for the last part of the drive, and at the little pan, SIL shouted again!!

There in a tree, hanging very pathetically was a dead baby Impala!!!

We found out from one of the other rangers that it had been killed by a Leopard earlier that evening, so now we were on a mission to find that Leopard, and after scanning all the trees and ground in that vacinity, we set off up another low maintenance road!!!

Sadly though, try as we may, we only found two Scrub Hares...........though they were a first for the kids, so all was not lost!!

We drove back onto the main road, where we found another vehicle parked, and they had spotted a Genet!! We only got a glimpse of it before it shot off, but that was another first for the kids..............they really were so excited!!!

We also saw more Zebra and a very large herd of Impala with babies, and we wondered which Mommy had no baby to suckle that sad evening!!

The bush at night is so different than in the day.........things look quite strange, and the smells are amazing. It was an awesome experience!!!

Quite near the gate, our daughter shouted "stop", and there was a large group of Giraffe all sitting down, and they looked so comical, almost as though their legs had been chopped off!!

We continued on our way, and almost straight away I spotted a cute female Steenbok, who looked a bit startled at the light shining on her, but did stay long enough for a quick photo!!

Just before the gate Lourens stopped the vehicle and said "Can you hear that"? it's Elephants.........probably the breeding herd we had seen earlier on.

He also asked us to look up, and there above us was that amazing African sky, partially hidden by cloud, but still visible in large areas. He showed us Jupiter, and various constellations, which I found very interesting.

Then we set off for the last kilometer, and found two Spotted Thick Knees on the road.......neither of which were keen to fly away, even though our vehicle was decidedly close to running them over!!! Gladly at the last moment they flew off!!

Then we were back at the gate, and our amazing adventure had come to an end. We wished evryone a Happy New Year, and Lourens said that he was going home to bed, because he had to be in work at 4.30am for a six hour morning drive!!

We drove to the back gate, and the guard let us out, then it was back to the cottage for a well deserved drink, and a delicious Chilli Con Carne!!

We then watched the new version of "The Woman in Black" film, which was very scary, and then we were counting down to midnight, and wishing each other a happy and prosperous New Year, before finally falling into our beds.

To be continued.................

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:11 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Day 62 (Jan 1st 2013)
Today was very disappointing!!!
We were due to meet Meandering Mouse and her 2 girls at Letaba, but my wretched sickness struck again, so we had to cancel!!!
We made a possible arrangement to meet the following day.

Day 63 (Jan 2nd)
A very frustrating day!!!

We had received an SMS to say our Holiday Visa Extension application was back, so we were thrilled and set off for Home Affairs with a spring in our step!!!

Imagine our disappointment when we saw someone **** in Pretoria had put the wrong date on!!! We were told to return in the afternoon, which scuppered the possible meet with MM again!!!

Next we tried to withdraw money to pay for this month's rent, but Phalaborwa was broke!!! No money in any ATM!!!!

Then we queued in P n Pay for 45 mins for a packet of chicken breasts!!!

Then the real insult was that there was NO AMARULA to be had anywhere in town!!!

When we returned to Home Affairs, we were told all the papers had to go back to Pretoria, and therefore we must wait for them to come back!!

Let's hope tomorrow will be better!!!!

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:26 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Day 64 (Jan 3rd)
Well the day had arrived when we left here for our three night trip to Skukuza and Blyde.

We left later than planned, and therefore after an uneventful drive down the R40, we entered our beloved park via Orpen.

This was new territory for us, and so after a very quick process at the gate we excitedly started off down the H7.

We thought we had come to the zoo to begin with, because there were so many animals in one place!!! A large, mixed herd of Wildebeest and Zebra, a large group of Giraffe, a huge herd of Impies and several Warthogs!!

SIL was delighted to see baby Wildebeest for the first time, and a tiny Zebbie.

We had not gone far when we saw a yellow ribbon, which turned out to be Toddy.
We had a brief chat with him before both going on our way.

We did not have any unusual sightings from there to Tshokwane where we stopped for lunch, but we saw a lifer for me (Pale-Winged Starling) and just lots of lovely game in profusion.

Dungy and SIL chose a KuduBoerie Roll with Sheba for lunch, both said it was yummy, and our daughter and I had Chicken Mayo toasties.

Then we were off on the last part of the journey to Skukuza, and just near the Kruger Tablets we saw a lioness sitting in the high grass, so no photo.

On arrival at Skukuza we checked in to our accommodation, and showered and changed ready for dinner, which we had booked at Selati.

Before we went however, I had arranged to meet Cheetah 2111 for a sundowner on the deck, but sadly although we waited and waited, no Cheetahtjie appeared!!!
What a naughty boy!!!

Dinner at Selati was very good. It was very hot when we got there, and I thought I would have to leave, but the manager found me a large fan, and gave us a table right near it, so we were able to stay.

Our daughter and I had prawns and the boys had steaks.............all lekker, and served very promptly with a smile!!
I was stuffed, so didn't have a dessert, but the others had an Amarula Creme Brulee, which they all said was delish!!

Then it was back to the unit for a nightcap, and to plan the next day's drive.
We had arranged to meet Micetta at Lower sabie, which I was very much looking forward to, as she was just about the first person I "met" on the forums when I first joined.

Skukuza was the first camp our daughter stayed in when she was nine, and as we chatted I couldn't help wondering where all those years had gone. Now she was a confident young woman with her own husband, and maybe one day she will be bringing her own children to this amazing country!!

To be continued..................

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:19 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Elsa, Hilda, Barry, Sharifa, Spargish, Pumbaa, Trrp, Tedredrun, MM, Philip, SM and Sparrow thanks for your continued support!!!

Day 65 (Jan 4th)
The plan was to be up at 4am for a 4.30 gate start.............but we all slept late, so it was 6am before we left camp!!!

We decided to do the S65, so set off with great excitement, wondering what we would see.

Dungy wasn't very happy with the steering on the car, he said the wheel was wobbling, so that was a bit worrying, but we hoped it wasn't anything too serious, so we kept going.

The S65 was not very kind to us sightings wise, though we did see some Ellies and Giraffe and Impies.

We were about two thirds of the way down the road, when we heard a funny sound around the front wheel area!!!

We stopped and SIL stuck his head out of the window (against the rules, but we needed to know!!!)
Oh heck we had a shredded tyre, which obviously explained the wobbly steering wheel!!

We pulled off slowly and all said a prayer, that we could get back to camp.

Our prayers were answered and eventually we limped back into Skukuza, and headed for the car repair centre. (Neither Dungy or SIL knew how to change a tyre!!)

It was no problem for the mechanics, and as they were sorting things out, I spotted a familiar face!!! Coincidence or what, but there in front of me was Cheetah 2111!!!
He was trying to get his cool box repaired.

He had forgotten about our sundowner meet, the previous evening, so I had to chastise him severely, but now here he was, with a big grin on his face!!!!

We chatted only briefly before we had to say goodbye, as we were both on a mission, but before we left camp, we decided that we had better fill up the car.

A car pulled in opposite us, and two people were peering at us, and they looked familiar!!!

It gradually dawned on me, that it was JanandDave!!!!

We had hoped to meet during their visit to the park, but somehow we had missed each other, now however, thanks to our shredded tyre, here they were!!!

They had seen Doggies that morning near Nkhulu, so although we knew they would have gone by the time we got there, we would definitely keep an eye out for them, on the way to Lower Sabie!!!

They say things happen for a reason, and thanks to the tyre, we had seen three fellow foumites!!!

As I have previously mentioned, we had arranged to meet Micetta at Lower Sabie at 12.30, and as it was now gone 10.30, so we set off, saying we would only stop if it was something "special".

We saw the usual game, so had no cause to stop, until a little way past Nkhulu, our daughter shouted........."Dogs"!!!!

We could not believe our eyes, but there, lying down in the grass were half a dozen beautiful Painted Ones!!!
Wow!! At last...........(but sadly not in the North) I had found my Doggies!!!

We then looked at the time, and decided it was full speed ahead to L Sabie and our meet with Micetta.

We arrived a few minutes late, and quickly made our way to the deck, where Micetta and SO were waiting patiently for us.

Micetta was one of the first people to welcome me to the forums and helped me to post photos, and now two and a half years later, here we were actually meeting.

We chatted over a very poor lunch ( cold undercooked chips, and cold toasties) but it was so good to finally meet!!!

All too soon, it was time to leave, as we had to get to Sabie where we were staying for two nights, so that we could show SIL, the Blyde River area and Pilgrim's Rest!!

We did not have many sightings from L Sabie to Paul Kruger Gate, and as our daughter and SIL said goodbye to our beloved park, I was disappointed that they hadn't seen Leopard, or Cheetah.

Still, they had enjoyed their time with us, visiting the park almost daily, and it would give them something to come back for.

By now it was starting to rain, so the journey from Hazyview to Sabie was not very pleasant, as you can imagine.

However the guest house was very nice, although it was a bit worrying when the owner told our daughter that a Mozambique Spitting Cobra had been sunning himself on their bedroom stoep earlier that day!!!

We all freshened up, and enjoyed a sundowner on said stoep, before going to a local restaurant for a delicious dinner.

As we were all very tired, we decided to have a quick nightcap and then an early night.

The following morning we discovered that the kids had not got much sleep on account of a special visitor!!!

To be continued...................

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:13 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Day 66 (Jan 5th)
As I was saying, we met the kids for breakfast, and heard that they had not slept very well, due to an unwelcome visitor....................no, luckily it was not the Cobra, but for my daughter (who follows her mother) it was almost as bad.

It was a huge Rain Spider............not deadly I know, but if you are arachnaphobic, it's not something you want to share your bedroom with!!!

SIL had closed the curtains as they were getting ready for bed, and to my daughter's horror, she saw it crawl out from the side of the curtain. Luckily the owners of the guest house were still up, and the husband quickly caught it in a plastic container, and put it out in the garden. The photo comes with kind permission from SIL!!!

They also confessed that SIl had managed to leave his iPad at Skukuza, so our plans for a day out in the Blyde River canyon area had to change!!!

We phoned Skukuza, and thankfully the very honest maid had given the missing iPad to housekeeping, so we now had to return to Skukuza to retrieve it, and then depending on how the time was going, we still hoped to visit Blyde, all be it for a fleeting visit!!

We entered the park via Phabeni, and headed straight for Skukuza, with the odd sighting of Giraffe, Ellies and Impies.

A few kms before the camp, we saw a car parked up, and our initial reaction was to go past, because quite naturally SIL was eager to retrieve his property.

However we did stop, and what luck that we did, because there in a distant tree was a Leopard!!!

As I said, it was quite a distance away, and was collared, so not the best of photos, but through the binocs we had a lovely view.

Not far from camp we saw a troupe of baboons, and sadly one of the babies was playing with a discarded cider can.......that makes me so cross!!!

SIL was reunited with his iPad, and so we made our way back to Phabeni, spotting a lovely Black Bellied Bustard along the way.

I will mention here that over the last three days, somewhere between Orpen, Skukuza, Lower Sabie and Phabeni...............(somewhere on the N4 I think!!!)...............we saw two beautiful White Rhinos.

They were curled up together, enjoying the sun, and looked as though they didn't have a care in the world, so I pray that they will keep safe, and live long and happy lives.

The kids were so happy to see all animals big and small, so were not bigfive chasers, but it was very satisfying to know that the beautiful Leopard that we had seen that morning did complete their tally!!

Now it was "Mission Blyde"!!
We didn't have time to explore the whole area as we had hoped, so we had to forget the Potholes and Pilgrim's Rest. Also sadly we were too late for pancakes at Graskop, but we did visit the Three Rondavels and Canyon view points, which SIL was very impressed with. I forget until I revisit this amazingly beautiful area, how spectacular it is!!

We got back to Sabie, as night was falling, so went straight to the restaurant for our last meal together for this trip, as the kids were due to fly to Cape Town from Hoedspruit the followiing day.

We had a nightcap back at the Guest House (and a snake and spider check!!) and reflected on the previous five and a half weeks, including four amazing days in Punda and Shing, our first Christmas and New Year together for 7 years, our evening drive with Lourens, various day visits to Paradise, and the last three days, which we all agreed had been amazing!!!

To be continued...............

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:37 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Day 67 (Jan 6th)
We saw the kids off, and then drove back to Phala, stopping at the pub for lunch, and then had a relaxing afternoon and evening.

Day 68 (Jan 7th)
Busy day shopping doing laundry, buying a new tyre, and unpacking.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:31 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Day 69 (Jan 8th)
Today we had a short drive in the park.
We drove to Rhidonda Pan, which sadly is just a muddy mess at the moment, with no water at all.

We saw a few of our old friends along the way, but there was no sign of Desi or the Klippies at Erfplaas, so they must still be on their Christmas holidays!!

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:32 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Day 70 (Jan 9th)
Day at home

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:37 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Day 71 (Jan 10th)
Another short drive in the park to Nhlanganini Dam.
Still no Desi or Klippies, but saw quite a few Ellies, and Hippos.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:49 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Day 72, (Jan 11th)
Today we drove along the Sable Loop.

We saw Baboons, Vervets, and a birdie!!

Image/

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:54 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Days 73 & 74 (Jan 12th & 13th)
Poured with rain, so lazy TV time!!!

Day 75 (Jan 14th)
At last I'm up to date.

If it clears up, we may go into the park later!!
Please hold thumbs, it's starting to seem like the UK here!! :whistle:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:10 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Day 75 (Jan 14th)
Today we went back to Paradise for the first time in three days.
It was so good to return, and the park smelled and looked very different after the rains.
New shoots were coming through in between the dried grass, and there was a clean smell everywhere.

We decided to drive to "our" causeway on the H14, as we had not been there since our return from a visit to Mopani just before Christmas.

We saw absolutely nothing until we were on the H14, when we saw a large group of Impala, and soon after, a large very dark Giraffe, who seems well on his way to becoming a "Stink Bull"

Further on we saw Buffs by the side of the road, and a lovely Fish Eagle in flight.

Next came a hungry Tawny who was busily eating his dinner, and just nearby two Southern Ground Hornbills were walking through the bush.

We arrived at the causeway, which was disappointingly quiet, except for the resident hippos who were in their usual place.

On the way home, we saw a huge Wartie by the side of the road, and then a large Ellie, but luckily he was more interested in eating than terrorising us!!

We also saw a few European and Lilac Breasted Rollers, along the way, swooping on to the road to pick up insects.

Then near to the H9 juncion we saw a lovely Chameleon, who had changed his colour to Grey to match the road!!!

We also saw a few tortoises, who were making the most of a few remaining puddles on the side of the road.

All too soon we were back at the gate, but had so enjoyed our short visit.

Last edited by Crested Val on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:40 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Day 76 (Jan 15th)
Torrential rain for hours, driveway fllooded, so stranded at home!!!
Chicken country hotpot, butternut and new potatoes for dinner. :thumbs_up:

Day 77 (Jan 16th)
Still raining, and our driveway still flooded............this is getting silly now!! :evil:
Also woke up to a power cut, but luckily the electrics are now back on (for the moment!!)
Roast pork tonight with all the trimmings. Yummy. :thumbs_up:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next