Battle for the President's Elephants by Sharon Pincott

See what other forumites recommend you should read

Moderator: hilda

threedogs
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Battle for the President's Elephants by Sharon Pincott

Unread postby threedogs » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:58 am

I read this whilst in Kruger a couple of months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sharon Pincott is an Australian woman who left an executive corporate job in 2001 for a life with the Presidential elephant herd on the Hwange Estate in Zimbabwe.
This book follows the day to day trials and tribulations of studying and conserving the herd in a country that throws up continuous challenges.
If you see this book at your local book shop, even if you don't buy it, look at the photo on the back cover (I think its that one :hmz: or at least inside the book )
It poignantly shows the relationship one person can develop with a wild animal without undermining the integrity of their wild nature.
NO TO TRADE IN RHINO HORN!

Grantmissy
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Re: Battle for the President's Elephants by Sharon Pincott

Unread postby Grantmissy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:03 am

Hi 3Dogs, lsounds very interesting, thanks for telling us about the book :thumbs_up:
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

giraffee

Unread postby giraffee » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi 3D, you can find Sharon on facebook. search for the President's Elephants (I think) Great stories and photos. Thanks for mentioning the book.
Of all the things I'd been skeptical about, I didn't feel skeptical about this: the wilderness had a clarity that included me. ~Cheryl Strayed

hilda
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2014)

Unread postby hilda » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Sounds very interesting! Thanks for telling us about it Threedogs! I am definitely going to try and find it! :clap: :clap:

Return to “Bookshelf”