Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 2 of 3
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: A NORTHERNER IN SEARCH OF WILD DOGS IN THE SOUTH
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:54 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi everyone :hello: :gflower:

:hands:

Thank You all for staying Tuned to my TR, Really Glad everyone is enjoying it and I really appreciate all the great comments I receive. Now it’s time for this TR to continue :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Day 2 Confusions

Being in Kruger after such a wonderful Elephant sighting it was time for me to make up my mind on what route to pick. This was a difficult decision for me as my head had something saying Pretoriuskop is WILD DOG country, but my heart said the S114 via the S112 and this was the most difficult decision I made :think: , but eventually I followed my heart and the route was decided that we will travel the S112 joining us to the S114 and travel it to Afsaal because I really wanted to see Jocks waterhole.

So we start driving from the Elephant sighting and we were having no luck at all with no sightings at all. Not even Impi Warriors, and I started feeling that I made the wrong choice :slap:

What was going on, for some reason we could not even see a single car, Could we have teleported to the a part of the North which we have never seen before, it was like we were lost far away from Kruger, not a single car around, no sightings, NIKS. Image, we found this very strange, maybe people knew something which we did not :hmz:

So we just kept on driving Image and :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: in the hope of atleast seeing an Impi warrior on this road, but we were seeing Nothing at all. We were looking everywhere, far away, close by, right, left and there was nothing to be seen Image

Than out of nowhere we saw something :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: , and the joy the car had at this sighting was unbelievable. It is just hard to explain the atmosphere in the car at this sighting.

These 3 Impi’s were the best sighting of the trip, when all hopes seemed lost, they bought the excitement left, but the Impi’s seem to be discussing something very important, as they did not pay attention to us. After a while of figuring it out :hmz: , they decided to speak out a bit loud and they were discussing weather Brown Hyena’s do exist in Kruger or Not :hmz:

The one was saying that they do exist, my mom told me that my Great Grand Dad saw one once upon a time, and the other 2 were like those are just stories of the past as they no longer exist, If they were around we would see them, and the conversion continued about this debate Image

What do you all think. Visit this Forum and give your say Brownie Project :w:

The Impi discussion ended and they sat of on a mission to see if they could actually find a Brownie in Kruger and see if the Stories they heard of Brownies in Kruger are true or not :hmz:

So that means it was our time to carry on and see if there were any WILD DOGS around Image

About 5 mins after the Impi warriors we came across the low water bridge with like a Dam Wall on the right hand side which made us feel that we were in water but we were not, I don’t really know what is this called as my knowledge of the South is very poor :redface:

This is what was inside, and he probably thought we were in the water as well :big_eyes:

Strange thing was that he was on his own there, I wonder if there were more around but hidden from our very own eyes :hmz:

After spending some wonderful time with the Hippo, we decided to carry on, but there was like a mini circle loop just after this low water bridge we decided to ignore and carry on, as we drove for about 1KM the circle was joining back onto this road but my eyes just spotted something and I SHOUTED STOP in EXCITEMENT Image

But what could this be, just close by a dam type of thing :hmz: , the possibilities are countless!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay TUNED to find out what could be this sighting.

Could it be the WILD DOGS????????? :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:56 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Guys

I would like to apologies to everyone following my TR for such a long delay :gflower: :gflower: :gflower:

I will try my level best to update it 2mrw, I wanted to update it today but unfortunately due to my carelessness I completely forgot about an assignment which needs handing in 2mrw :slap:

So Please forgive for the long suspense and I will try every bit to try and update you guys 2mrw on what was that sighting

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:50 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Everyone. Thank You soo much for all your kind comments. I really Appreciate them.

I would first like to apologise for the rather long delay, and keeping you all in suspense Image

So without any more waiting the next episode

DAY 2 – Late Afternoon

So my mouth shouted in excitement of seeing something but what could this be :hmz: It was my favourite animal

YAY, it is a LIONESS Image Hmz, so now the Lioness called us into that mini circle, and what did I see on the left hand side of the vehicle

:dance: :dance: so there was not one but 2 Lioness all to ourselves.

So the Lioness crossed the road and came to her best mate

So it was time for some hugging Image because it looks like this Lioness came from a busy schedule, probably cubs around :hmz:

After the hugs, the Lioness that just arrived fell fast asleepImage .

Than the other Lioness stood up and that is when we realised that there was a third Lioness there :dance: :dance: :dance:

Than the Lioness that first stood up started having a walk up the road

Than she went behind a tree and rubbing against something than we realised there were 4 Lioness there :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

While we were watching this Lioness next to our car, we saw our fifth Lioness sat in the back as well :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

So than we spent such a long time here by ourselves with these 5 beautiful ladies around just talking about have magnificent these Lions are and how important they are to the Kruger System. We spent about an hour, and than eventually another car came, so we thought we would give them the privilege of spending time with these 5 beautiful ladies and this is when we realised that there was also a 6th Lioness sleeping :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

So there was not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, NOT 5 BUT 6 Lioness’s , how lucky were we to spend all this time all by ourselves with 6 beautiful women all around us. It was amazing. Really felt honoured and privileged to spend the time with these beautiful ladies.

It was finally time to drive on and see what else could the South Deliver. So than we had regular IMPI sightings until Afsaal, and then we had all had a KING CONE, and than as the drive continued, there was very little sighting, and it was 17:00 exactly where we had our last sighting of DAY 2 and even this sighting was really special, and the King Cone delivers once again but what could it be :hmz:

Could it be the WILD DOGS :hmz:

Stay Tuned. Something special coming :mrgreen:

I would like to APOLOGIES TO THE MODS AS WELL :gflower: FOR SO MANY PICS, I could not leave half a tale untold. SORRY

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:39 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi everyone and thanks for staying Tuned :gflower: :gflower: :gflower:

So without keeping everyone in more suspense, My Next Episode is up.

Day 2 – Late Late Afternoon

So what could the King Cone possibly deliver after such a LONG LONG DAY with soo many great sightings and great luck of being at the right place at the right time. I will be honest this next sighting was something which we never expected :hmz:

So as we were back on the main road, and as were driving having our King Cone, we saw 2 cars stopped, and we had no idea what they were looking at Image , than the nice gentleman in the other car told us to look there and only my dad could have spotted that without asking directions in our car, because we were all like all we can see is the Bush. Finally Dad managed to show us this particular sighting, and this is my first pic taken.

:big_eyes: :big_eyes: :big_eyes: :big_eyes: :big_eyes: , it just cant cant be, we just cant be soo lucky, THIRD Leopard of the day Image and 4th of the trip Image

So after a while this handsome young man sat up

After a while the Leopard started walking but hold up, this Leopard is coming towards the road, and right towards our car, Image another Leopard coming soo close to us is unbelievable.

So while the Leopard is coming towards the car, my best mate is saying that the video camera battery has died out, so take lots of pics, don’t stop taking pics. I am like chill man, I am trying my level best.

Then still continuing to take pics, the Leopard arrives at the road side and this time is not the dashboard but the boot in the way as am taking pics through the back windscreen :slap: :wall: but here is the pic of this Handsome guy from up close.

After staring at me with my Pentax camera and my buddy with his BB taking pics, the Leopard decided that it was time to move on to get some dinner Image before the Hyena’s start moving around.

But instead of crossing the road, this Leopard decided to walk along the road which meant we got to spend more time with this MNR.

Now the MNR had some duties to do before bed and that is get himself a meal, so he decided to go into the bush and then he just disappeared into thin air :shock: like there was no Leopard at all. This is why Kruger is all about the right place at the Right time

So after such a wonderful last sighting, it was time to exit the gate and have a drive to Ngwenya Lodge for a night, with 2 more days to go I was almost certain that there will be a Wild Dog sighting in the next 2 days but little did I know what was about to happen tonight.

It was time for a nice braai to bring an end to a Kruger Day, and while having the braai a phone call came to my uncle, and that took out the smile from his face and he did not mention anything until we finished eating.

Then came the news that he had to attend a Business Meeting on Monday and therefore we will have to leave 2mrw, and at this point I just came out with anger Image

After lots of arguing and jumping all over the place, I got over the fact that no matter what I did we will have to return, but I got one whole day left because we will be entering Croc Bridge and exiting Orpen Gate, so I might as well enjoy the limited time I got left :imsmilin: , So since we wanted NO PACKING 2MRW, me and my bud decided to pack everything 2nyt, and after that me and my mate decided to go to the HIDE, and just take in the wonderful noise of the Night Bush and we talked and just enjoyed our last night in the South of Kruger.

After about 3 – 4 hours we decided to get some rest since it is going to be an early morning Drive and a long one.

So Stay Tuned everyone to what we encounter on the Last Day? Will I get to see my WILD DOG sighting for which I came to the South.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:03 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

THE FINAL DAY :( :( :( :( :(

Hi guys. Once again I would like to start a TR by Thanking all of you for your wonderful compliments :gflower: :gflower: :gflower:

Now I would like to apologise for the long delay.

Now it’s time for the Final day

So now it was time for the drive and this Mornings plan was to Travel the N1, N2, N4, M1 and the M7 :w: .

For some reason our first sighting on today was this Special Sighting and it is very Rare for a Northerner to see this sighting let alone as the first sighting of the day.

So this special sighting was great and as this was my last day in the Park, I thought this will be my last sighting of the Trip, so we spent a while with this wonderful fellow, and then we decided that it was time to drive on.

Than we saw a group of Impi Warriors and Zebs all in full alert mode looking into a direction but we could not see what they were looking at and we spend over 45 minutes there, and for the whole time period we tried to search why was this group of Impi and Zebs soo alert, and a few cars passed us during this time until another car appeared and he stopped, and asked us what we’re looking at, and then Daddy explained the whole scenario, and then they joined in the search but after about 15 mins we left the car with the search and we carried on, unfortunately there was no pics of this sighting because we were all in search mode.

So we carried on, and we came across these 2

Now this was something very special as yesterday we did not have a single sighting of these wonderful species and today we had 2 already.

Than we carried on and came across this guy watching over the horizon.

So we spent some time with him as this is a rare sighting because you don’t see it soo commonly. So we enjoyed the sighting, and it was time to carry on and we had a third sighting of the MAGNIFICENT.

So we felt very Lucky and privileged to be spending soo much time with these magnificent creatures, and shared our love with them, as we had a long drive ahead it was time to move on, and we came across another sighting WHICH DOES NOT EXIST BETWEEN PUNDA AND SHING, although once they were in the thousands, they no longer exist in that area for some weird reason :hmz:

So now it was time to carry on and we came across this Beautiful Birdie. Hopefully you all like the pic.

I really loved the pic, and one of my favourite pic of the trip. Hope you all liked it as well.

Than it was nearing Lower Sabie after taking Numerous routes :w: in order to search for the Wild Dogs which are not yet seen.

So while we were driving along we came across this family.

So we spent some time with these wonderful family who were just enjoying the morning drink Image

Than it was time for Lower Sabie and time for our Breakfast Image

While we watched these Hippsters having a fab time in the Sabie River in a Hippi way.

But then it was time to head off but we met the person that we left in search for what the Impi’s were looking at and we were all in for a shock :shock: but me being the Suspense King, You all will have to wait and I will tell you all in my next update.

Hope everyone is enjoying the TR and Stay Tuned, Today becomes the best day of the Trip but for that you all will have to wait as it is said Kruger saves the BEST for LAST.

So Stay Tuned.

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi everyone Image I would First like to apologise for such a LONG DELAY. I was not expecting it but our first semester in College is coming to an end on Wednesday, and therefore we had lots of assignments and exams during the week hence, such a long delay, but now that everything is done and dusted, it will be time to start new units come January. So now I am all free.

Now without any further delays Image Lets start the TR.

THE FINAL DAY

Late Morning drive also becoming the Early Afternoon Drive

So just to clear something out, I did not meet that car again, I just had no suspense, so SORRY everyone, but there is something HUGE happening at the end of the day, OUR FINAL SIGHTING. What on earth could it be. Maybe my WILD DOGS :pray: but everyone will have to wait and see.

So our drive started, and we went to Sunset Dam, as it is always a must and just enjoyed the beauty of it, and in admiring and complimenting the Kruger, we forgot to take pics :cam: and we had a discussion on how we wanted to reach Satara and the decision was made, that since the H10 was so kind to us the previous day, we will drive it again but this time not to return :( .

So while on our drive we did not see much besides some Impi Warriors and The Secretary of the Bush.

After having a chit chat with the Secretary, it was time to carry on, but we decided to go check out the Picnic spot, the first one that comes on the H10 from LS, unfortunately I do not know the name, and when we took the turn, we saw a group of Impi Warriors running in full throttle in the distance, and we stopped, and looked hard into the distant bush Image with Binocs as well, but could see nothing, and the Impi’s soon disappeared. :hmz: wonder if something was chasing it :hmz:

So as we carried on, we came across a huge herd of Zebbie’s, We really loved this sighting as it was so peaceful, and everything just seemed perfect and beautiful.

Zebbi above was feeling itchy, so the tree provided the perfect scratcher.

Meanwhile these two Zebbi’s were showing us on how they confuse predators with the coat and for which a Lion is still trying to solve the mystery on how to differentiate between different Zebs Image

Meanwhile these Zebs were watching at the Camera, thinking what is it with this Humans and there pics.

Meanwhile the Baby was fast asleep and the two young Zebbi’s enjoying the company of each other Image

So after spending a while with all the Zebbi’s, it was time to carry on towards the picnic spot, but just a little further, we found this huge herd of Wildies in the distant jungle

Then while watching the Wildies, A Zebbi group decided to join them

Meanwhile on the other side of the road this Wartie family were also having a relaxing Sunday just chillin out and enjoying every bit of life.

So after such beautiful sightings and spending some fantastic time with the Animals, and in this case not predators, we decided to sit and enjoy the view at the Picnic Spot having a Coke can each, and just watching the Beauty of Kruger.

Stay Tuned everyone. Some great episodes to come. Hopefully you all will love it.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:49 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi everyone. Once again Thank You soo much for all your kind words, I really appreciate them, and I thought I better update my TR today since apparently tomorrow happens to be the end of the world :lol: Although I don’t think there is anything out of the ordinary happening tomorrow, and South Africa will be playing New Zealand.

Another reason for me posting today is that today’s date is once in a lifetime which is reading as 20122012 and apart from that it happens to be a very Beautiful lady’s birthday, My Celebrity crush if that makes sense :lol:

So I thought today would be the best day to update my TR

The Final Day

So we left of all the wonderful families of Zebbi’s Wildies and also the Warthog family, who were all enjoying the Sunday, and it was time to see what we could see at this Beautiful picnic spot which such breathtaking views

After taking that picture we were all sat down and seeing what we could see through our Binocs, and while just going through the scenery and the surrounding bush, I saw a Male LION through the Binocs :big_eyes:, and than a second later it my binocs moved a little, and the Lion was lost again :slap: it was far away, and it kept on appearing and disappearing, I could not see it with my naked eyes, than I told my dad, uncle, and bud and they were all searching for it, and then they managed to see it when it stood up just to sleep in a different position, and then it was difficult to see, and therefore we could not take any pic’s . Than my daddy shared the sighting with a few people at the Picnic spot, and they all started searching for it, and after a while, they all thought we just some crazy Northerners who’s probably thinking of rocks as Lions Image , but while this did happen, and everyone started eating again, a herd of Zebra started approaching and were coming along for a drink, but then they all stopped, looked towards the Lion direction, turned around and went back without drinking, and this just confirmed that what we saw is a fact and another lady saw this herd of Zebra, and then she believed us and put extra effort in to see the Lion which even we could not see now. At least someone believed us.

While we wanted to spend the day, hoping that a Lion will come out to drink some water, that was not possible, as we had to reach Orpen, and therefore it was time for us to leave, but before we carry on, I did take a few pictures of activity happening on the opposite end from the Lions

So while Lions were snoozing Image on the opposite end, we had these 2 Kudu Males having a fight to see who is the stronger Image meanwhile the baboons and the Waterbuck was just chilling and relaxing, and the Waterbuck means I have another story to tell of the past.

Once upon a time on the high Bridge outside Letaba camp, came along a female Waterbuck, and due to my Bad Luck, My Contact lenses got torn the night before when I was removing them, so I had one eye with maximum power and the other eye being half blind Image and I said Lioness in the river bad, and then everyone had the same question where, and I said there pointing at the Riverbed and they all laughed Image and I was like what you all laughing at and they were like that is not a Lioness but a Waterbuck, and I started arguing saying that is a LION Image after a while, I looked through my camera lens and it just confirmed what a fool I made out of myself Image

So eventually we left the picnic spot and saw the Zebbies and Wildies once more. Than we carried on our Mary way and we saw these 2 couple enjoying their Sunday as well on their wonderful home which gives them a head start if a Predator appears

We watched this wonderful couple and took a couple of pics and carried on driving and something very Colourful caught our eye

After that it was time to carry on with our drive, in the hope that I would spot the Wild Dogs I am in search for.

But did I find these Wild Dogs, still remains a mystery so STAY TUNED :mrgreen: :whistle:

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:31 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi to all those following my TR.

Sorry about the delay but will update my TR after Christmas. For the time being I would like to wish you all a VERY MERRY XMAS, and I have a friend in Punda who would like to say something to you all.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:34 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Everyone :hello:

How is everyone, Hope everyone has had a fab festive season. I have had a fabulous holiday, and lots of things happened which just increased my delay on returning to the forums, but now I am back and hopefully for a very long time.

I am soo SORRY to keep you all waiting, and hopefully I wont keep you all in SUSPENSE for long periods of time now.

So the QUESTION was not answered whether I see the WILD DOGS or not????? :hmz: :hmz: :hmz:

So without any further delays, lets continue with my TR.

The FINAL DRIVE contd

So we left the happy couple letting them have their privacy, and they can be more alert making sure no Predator comes near their home.

As we started driving, our drive was very relaxing and we all decided to sing a song, which is actually a bollywood song called Jhalak Dikhla Ja, and to translate the title, it means show us a glimpse although I do not have any supertisions linked with the song, it was a good song to sing in the car, and in the park in search of the WILD DOGS. Although we do not have the best of voices, we just enjoyed the song, until we came to a lookout point which was sooooooooooo HHHHHHIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHH that you could not see anything there, although we did see a few things there through our Binocs after lots of searching.

As going through our Binocs my dad was the first to spot the GIRAFFES which could not be seen with the Naked eye, that is how HIGH we were, and how low and far away the Giraffes were. So all of us eventually managed to see them through our Cameras and Bincos Image

Notice the Wildebeest in the background, we only Notices them at home, when going through the pics on the computer, it is simply amazing how many animals we might be missing out on in Kruger, but I think that is why us Kruger Lovers go back over and over again, in the hope to see something different.

There were 3 Giraffes and there is a Zebbie there which we saw when we looking through our Binocs on the spot, although everything looked soo tiny in reality, but thanks to Technology, we can see things from FAR AWAY as if it is close by.

So after taking in such breathtaking views which only the Kruger can produce, we decided to carry on, and we came across these group of friends and family crossing the road.

So we had this fab sighting of Zebbies and Giraffe crossing the road. It is soo good to see that animals stay in unity with each other and don’t ignore one another, like these 2 different species walking peacefully with one another.

[img]http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n554/kallis1786/IMGP0215_zps50c7d23e.jpg/img]

So all the Zebbies crossed first followed by Mr Tall

Once everyone crossed, we were free to go and carry on our way to SATARA, but I still have not seen the WILD DOGS, will I see them, Will they show me a glimpse.

Will Satara deliver any Kitty for which it is famous for or will the Orpen Pack come to say Hello.

All of these answers will be answered, so STAY TUNED

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:04 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Now in order to turn the PAGE, I will share this pic which was taken in the Mahooni Loop early morning.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:05 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

The Final Day Contd

Hi Everyone Image

So will my questions every end, and is this really the final day, do we decide to spend an extra night in Orpen because we did not have a WILD DOGs sighting, or did we see the WILD DOGS as our last sighting of the day :hmz: , Just too many mysteries behind one TR.

So without any further delays, let’s start our next episode.

So After leaving all our wonderful animal buddies to be on their marry way and do what they do best, we decided to stop at another lookout point, and I am extremely SORRY everyone, but yet again I do not know the name, so during my next trip, I’ll also take pics of the rock signs which are available at such places.

At this place we came across 2 Hippos enjoying each other’s company.

While we are looking at the Hippos, I’ll tell you a story which once happened when we had visitors from India, and we took them to ofcorz the KRUGER NATIONAL PARK where we came across the whole HIPPO family all sleeping along the Shingwedzi River Banks, and then this OLD MAN that came to visit said, I thought this place is 100% WILD, Why have they put soo much MEAT on the River Bank, and we just LAUGHED our heads off, saying that is not MEAT, and just than a Hippo decided to stand up and walk to the water, and he was like he saw a GHOST Image It took a while to get him settled down again. We still laugh about it every time we see these huge pieces of meat laying on the sand.

So we decided to sit down, and survey the area in the hopes that something amazing pops out Image and than something amazing does appear which was A Bachelor group of Kudu’s

So we just enjoyed the different Kudu’s all doing their own things, and we were just searching the surroundings that maybe we might be missing out on another wonderful beauty of the Kruger hidden somewhere, and while doing that, came across a CROC. Now I Love crocs as you might have noticed in this TR, but this one had his head hidden Image

Meanwhile the Kudu was eating the Fresh Grass of the Kruger making sure, the River area does not become too bushy.

So than it was time to move on, especially since we still had to reach ORPEN, and who knows what we might encounter along the way.

As we left, we came across THE 1000’S OF 1000’S

An ARMY of BUFF’s which could be seen almost everywhere we looked. There was no other creature besides us ofcorz for many a miles besides THE 1000’S OF 1000’S of BUFF’s.

Now as many of our Buffalo sightings, My dad always wants to spend a lot of time with these OAKs, and has GOOD reason for it. We have seen Buffs on numerous occasions, and I mean LOADS of times, out of which we have also seen Lions around the buffs or close by. Figuratively About 40% of our Lion sightings come when there are Buffalo nearby which we have seen. So just a hint for everyone, be on the lookout around Buffie ARMY.

So guys we have many questions still not answered, and we still have not reached SATARA. So we still have a while to go.

As for everyone STAY TUNED. Many more Stories and sightings still to come, and yet THE BEST SIGHTING of the trip, but when will this sighting come????????????????????

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:29 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Everyone.

Firstly I would like to apologise for keeping you all waited, and hopefully you still have nails left to bite :mrgreen: because there are about 2 to 3 Episodes left, in which there will be suspense’s ofcorz or it might have a sighting of a life time, and ofcorz there is always a possibility that another day was added to the Trip which got cut short, but the mysteries will remain???????????????????????

Will these WILD DOGS ever appear :hmz:

So without any further delays, lets carry on our drive, from the THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS, to this guy

So this is whom I will call Barney for the sake of this edition, So Barney was having a nice drink at the local pub, on his best seat without a care in the world, He thought there would be no one big enough to take his seat, but then Barney Boy had a surprise visit from Image

But then Old Fred appeared and shouting Barney Boy!!!!!!!!!!!! Image, and Seeing Old Fred, Barney said today I will not let Fred bully me out of my favourite place, but Fred said, Barney boy, you need to GROW UP, otherwise you will have no tusks left when am done with you, and this meant

Barney Boy had to move aside while Old Fred had his Drink, and while doing this Barney Boy thought, Only if I grow a bit older and Taller, I will teach Old Fred a lesson, but for the time being, he had to sit down to the seat next to Old Fred, and have his drink

And this left Old Fred with a Grin on his face :twisted:

So we left the Local pub, while Fred and Barney did not have a fight, we came across someone that looked like he wanted to take out all his frustrations on us

This OLD Dagga Boy has had many many fights in the PAST with other Dagga Boys, and also some Lions, and therefore he looked at us saying KEEP AWAY, and don’t come near me otherwise you’ll have to deal with THESE

Looking at those Horns, we decided to stay away from this Dagga Boy at a distance and hoping amongst hope that he lets us pass because we had to reach Orpen Gate, and eventually after Pleading and Begging, he let us Go :dance:

So this brings an end to this Episode :mrgreen: , so the questions remain unanswered. Stay Tuned for another exciting and fun filled episode of THIS NORTHERNERS JOURNEY IN SEARCH OF WILD DOGS.

For the time being Hope everyone has a fab Weekend, and if you are travelling DRIVE SAFE.

Post subject: Re: A northener in search of wild dogs in the south
Unread postPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:14 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

The Episode After a Long Long time.

Hi everyone. I have to apologies because I have kept all of you in suspense for soo long, I was not expecting to be away from the Forums for such a long time, but life just became really hectic for this little Camper, that I could not really log into the Forums.

But now am a Happy Chappy with my next Kruger Trip booked and therefore I thought I will end this TR tonight, I wanted to have one more Suspense but I think I made you all wait for soo long, that I will just finish my TR out tonight, It will be in 2 Parts because we not allowed to upload a lot of pics on one page. Hope you All Enjoy it.

So without delaying this TR too much lets carry on our Trip from the OLD DAGGA Soldiers who are happily retired now. Image

So while we were driving along this beautiful route, we came across this Chappy who I have no idea what he was doing sat all by himself, but he did not like it when we arrived, and just gave us a stare, and I took one of my worst pics of the trip, it’s a bit blurry

So as we carried on I shouted STOP, and that is because my eyes so a Honey Badger running in full sprint in quite some distant, and therefore could not take a pic, but everyone in the car manage to see a glimpse of it. It was amazing because it was my first ever honey badger sighting in my years of visiting Kruger, and I loved it even if it was for less than a minute, I think he might be running late for a date, or forgot his anniversary, might be a reason for him running in such flight.

The Honey Badger sighting was very close to the turn off to Orpen near Satara Camp.

Just before we turned, we saw this buddy walking across the road without a worry in the world. I call it the Bucks of the Water

So it was time to drive on, and we stopped at a Dam on the road to Orpen, but very close to Satara, no idea what it is called, so Please forgive me people, hopefully a forumite could share the name with us.

I met my good old buddy from Lower Sabies distant relative, and it bought a tear to my eye knowing that this will be the last croc I will see of the trip, after the help they gave me to spot the Lions earlier in the trip. :cry:

Meanwhile, where there is water, there are beautiful birdies around, so these two were gossiping about the day, and saying oh did you see that tourist car which drove right past a sleeping Lion and did not even realise.

Meanwhile this Parrot was minding his own business having a tea time snack.

So while we were enjoying the fab views of this wonderful Dam, a Giraffe came along to say Bye as well, meanwhile giving us a photo opportunity to take pics of it having his tea time drink.

It really was a magical sighting, I loved it, not many people get to see Giraffe’s drinking water, but I have been lucky to have 3 sightings of Giraffe drinking water this trip.

It was Finally time to carry on and go towards Orpen, back out of Kruger :cry: but we still had 40kms to go, and I wanted to make the most of it, so I put a smile on my face for this final hour in the park :)

End Of Part 1

Unread postPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:18 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:19 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next