Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Drive
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

:thumbs_up: GlynB You would be best to take our prezzies up to KTP. Just waiting to hear from Scouter/ Organisers re the children assigned to us / prezzies we need to buy!

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:37 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Missed the post as we were away .. Am I too late to sponsor a child Last year we had to buy for a 6 year old girl But anyone is OK

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:56 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Munchkin - sorry :redface: - have just sent you a PM - many thanks

and Hugh - just sent you one too :thumbs_up:

Thanks so much GlynB and also DuQues for the offers of your space !

Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts and we are never the same ...

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dear all,

Please note that the only legal way for this project to take place is via the Virtual Honorary Rangers.

Else I will need to ask the Moderators to remove this entire discussion from the forums.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:52 pm 

Hi everyone

The SANParks VHRs are perfectly happy to assist here and this will be done 'in the background' as with other projects they are involved in the Arid Parks forum.

You are welcome to contact either me, or Lion Queen; or this can be slotted in with the Tsamma Land project?

Please note that any monies do need to go via the HR bank account.

It's not too late at all. You just don't yet know what you are capable of. Mahatma Gandhi

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:48 pm 

@Scouter - just sent you a PM - please count me in.

I am going up to KTP on Saturday 22 Sept and still have space in my trailer if anyone needs me to be the courier.

Myles

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:25 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Please everybody, I have to ask again that nothing goes to Tsammaland or the Christmas Drive without telling the VHR's about it. :pray: :wall: PLEASE! There are so many of us you can contact about this, that should be no problem.

The projects are in danger of being stopped if they're not run correctly. :cry: People like Jannie, Vanessa, Lion Queen and Scouter have worked their behinds off to make this all happen. Don't spoil it for them.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:52 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Guinea Pig wrote:
Please everybody, I have to ask again that nothing goes to Tsammaland or the Christmas Drive without telling the VHR's about it. :pray: :wall: PLEASE! There are so many of us you can contact about this, that should be no problem.

The projects are in danger of being stopped if they're not run correctly. :cry: People like Jannie, Vanessa, Lion Queen and Scouter have worked their behinds off to make this all happen. Don't spoil it for them.

Hi Guinea Pig
So let me be the 'doffie' and ask for an explanation here as to exactly how we go about this . I thought the procedures were all in place and we were all doing this correctly via Scouter :? I thought we were doing this correctly as per previous HR requests :hmz: What's different now?
Thank you

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:11 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

SANParks wrote:
Dear all,

Please note that the only legal way for this project to take place is via the Virtual Honorary Rangers.

Else I will need to ask the Moderators to remove this entire discussion from the forums.

Hi Dreamer,

Referring you to the post made by SANParks calling for the drive to go through the VHR's. There must be a reason for the post being made which I'm certainly not privvy to. As far as I was aware of things are going the way it should, but seems they are not.

Records have to be kept for the VHR's and people need to be thanked on the forums - that's what I'm doing. :) Other than that, getting items to the place they're needed to bring a happy smile to a child's face, is my only concern.

Last year the Christmas Drive was part of the Clothing Drive. It seems like a good idea to make it part of the Tsammaland Project this year. It is going to the same children plus a few of their friends outside the Park? :D

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:28 am 

Hi Dreamer, all,

GP is correct. Please see here and a few posts below that one.

If GP is happy to take the keeping of the records of this one on under the Tsammaland project, it will be great. Thanks GP :gflower: She is managing the required records for the Tsammaland project on behalf of the VHRs, and under the guidance of the VHRs.

This does not mean that anyone cannot donate pressies - please do. Please carry on as you are doing, but records must be kept, so I ask that GP's work be made easier with co-operation of giving her the needed info.

Cash is changing hands, and it is not going via the VHR bank account .... that is totally illegal. If you wish to make a cash donation for a pressie to be bought, please contact GP or LionQueen for the details on how to do this, the money will then be paid to the person who needs to purchase the present/s.

We, the VHRs, want these sorts of projects to happen and go ahead and will do all we can to support them, but it has to be done within the rules of the forums. The 'Albert project' is a good example. The VHRs do not 'take over' a project, this is evident by the Tsammaland one, the mobile webcam project and others which are being run by forum members - but under the guidance of the VHRs, and within the rules of the forums.

It's not too late at all. You just don't yet know what you are capable of. Mahatma Gandhi

Post subject: notice
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:31 am 

Dear all

As per the post by a forum moderator on 30 Dec 2011, here, all forum projects need to be placed in the SANParks VHR Wild Projects forum. This topic will be moved there shortly. A shadow will be left for two weeks, and a locked topic where links to projects that affect the Arid Parks will be kept in this forum. If you wish to add a link to the topic, please PM Dotty, or one of the moderators.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:37 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
FAC Member (2012)
Bought my prezzies last night. Anyone going soon please contact me and we can arrange to get them to you.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:40 pm 

Hi everyone

Just to confirm that everything is on track and complying with the forum rules, and there will be no need to remove the topic off the forums.

A huge thank you to those who are managing it - Scouter for all the hard work she has put into it and is putting to it. She really makes these sorts of projects 'happen' and does a great deal of selfless work :clap: :clap: :k

Guinea Pig who is assisting in the keeping of the records. :clap: :clap: :k

Technically for reporting specifics, this project will be part of the Tsammaland project - purely to make it just simpler for those running the project.

So - I think there are still some kiddies who will love to get a special Christmas surprise - please continue with the generous spirit here :gflower:

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:03 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Hi all,

From my side a huge thank you to Scouter and Guinea Pig for the good work they are doing. You have the best ideas and make it look so easy to manage these enormous projects.

My job as the VHR for Arid Parks is made so much easier with you guys making it easy, by keeping the admin in order.

Thank you Thank you Thank you................ :gflower: :gflower: :gflower:

Please keep up the good work and make those little children smile.......... :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:19 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Have my pressie too .. Just have to wrap it . Who will take it upjfor me ... glynb canyou do it .???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next