Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 2
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: fee TRIP REPORTS IN PHOTOS June 2012
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:55 pm 

After always enjoying everyone's TR's and many silent promises to do one, I now have free time (yahoo) to post some photos of my many visits to the park. I don't think anyone out there will rush and offer me a job as a wild-life photographer, but I nevertheless will share my passion for the park with you.

My recent trip .... April 2012 starts here. I have been sitting for days trying to figure all this out, so hopefully it now works!! A computer bof I aint.

We entered at Malelane Gate and travelled to our first port of call, Gardenia hide - we came across this baby croc enjoying both sun and water. Check the grin on his face!

At Gardenia there was a herd of elephants, with babe in tow, that had just finished enjoying a drink and splash. Our disappointment soon vanished when a bull arrived to give us a lesson on how efficient his trunk was ... and merely went on to slurp up quarter of the water in the waterhole.

To be continued when I see this actually on the forum page!! :thumbs_up:

Last edited by fee on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: TRIP REPORTS IN PHOTOS
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:29 pm 

this Swainsons spurfowl and two klipspringers spotted us and posed for some photos.

This little guy took forever to cross the road and I'm sure his little sticky paws were fried to a cinder by the time he got to the other side.

And now to my favourite place .... Lake Panic. Just love this hide ..... love the peace and calmness. We arrived to be greeted by this family outside the hide

[img]http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af170/fee640/IMG_2718.jpg[/img

As we left the hide, we heard rustling in the bushes along the path, and I managed to capture this through an opening betweem the wooden slats.

Last edited by fee on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:35 pm 

OK. Now let me continue whilst I am on a role ... and before the brain freezes from all this technology. Still puzzled as to why the ele photos are so humungous. I did resize them and look what happened!! Again!

As we travelled down to Lower Sabie on the H4-1 it was breakfast time .... the saddle-billed stork was trying hard to find something to eat, but the giraffe seemed to have a much easier time sourcing his meal.

It seemed like it was going to be a day for our feathered friends.

Mr and Mrs Burchell were head-resting .....

and these three mates were on a leisurely stroll down the road .... in no hurry ... and nor were we!

And this little man doesn't know what hurry means

Two rivals were sorting out a love dispute but came to attention afterwards when I mentioned to them their photo was going to be reported on the forum

Last edited by fee on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:22 pm 

:congrats: Congratulations and jubilations ... I want the world to know how happy I can be ...."" ....... my photos haven't disappeared and have been resized! There's hope for me, so let me laoour on. :hands:

Shame ..... this guy appeared from the bushes and hurried across the road .. I'm sure he didn't want us to see his ugly face

On the way to LS, we disturbed this dark giraffe at a water-hole and after the dirty look he gave us, we thought we'd better move on ...

In the dry river-bed lay two sleeping beauties who were catching 40 winks. They had definitely had their manes blow-waved early that morning .... would really consider changing hairdressers if I was them.

At the Lower Sabie service station, this ghecko was so shocked at the high petrol price, he was either trying to drown himself in the tank or get high on the fumes ... he was in the tank under the glass.
The garden around the garage is beautifully laid :thumbs_up: and I took these two photos

Last edited by fee on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:44 pm 

Travelling north on the H-10 ..... tummies rumbling at the thought of having a late breakfast, Mr Serval enjoyed playing hide and seek in the long grass.

This was a first sighting of a serval for us .... all have been Park-goers for many years, so this was another tick on our list.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:56 am 

Mlondozi - where else can you find such a view to enjoy a picnic?? Last October when I visited, the dam was almost empty, so it was good to see it full to the brim again.

Now ...

October 2011

Lucille is Pops wife (Pops is a forumite as well) ... and I accompanied them on this trip.
They are very special friends.

"Toasting to good sightings" ...... says Lucille

I was in need of a new feather duster at home . . . but these two didn't want to oblige, and only agreed to pose for a photo :cam:

Mnr Krokodil was looking for someone to give his head and back a scratch but nobody in the car was too keen. We were on our way to the big family celebration at Sunset dam and didn't want to be late ....

Seems like we arrived after the party began, but we nevertheless enjoyed the rest of the festivities with them ...

Some of the paty-goers left and continued the celebrations in the road, blocking the way for the uninvited guests!! No need for additional vuvuzelas at this party ... the guests used their own!

Last edited by fee on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:38 pm 

VicRob ..... I've discovered its all about trial and error. No written instructions to follow!!

Pops - Now that I know how .... the lessons will begin soon!! Get your photos ready.

The next morning Pops, Lucille and I were suffering from a slight hangover from the party at Sunset Dam.
We travelled down the S65 with light rain falling ... been down this road many a time without seeing anything. We stopped to look at an eagle, and when we reversed to get a better view, this guy caught my eye instead. Was quite a distance off, so not great shots.

Further down the road

Last edited by fee on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:58 pm 

This pack was seen on the road heading towards Transport Dam.

and these bobbejaans were not only trying to check in to see what padkos they were hoping we would share, but seem to be practising for the gymnastics team as well.

Won't say where we were stopped in this road-block ... but we were kept waiting for a lloooonnngggggg time by these two before we were let through and we weren't going to put up an argument.

Last edited by fee on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:44 pm 

Wonder who took a chunk out of this impala. Must have got away from being on the dinner menu and was limping quite badly.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:44 pm 

It was not a very exciting day for us. We travelled to Mpondo Dam on the H-5.
Gorgeous dam but not much happening there.

These woolly-necked storks were looking for some lunch, and the crocodile, who seemed to be covered in algae was just chilling, taking in some fresh air.

We popped in at Afsaal and then continued back to our favourite place .... Lake Panic which never lets us down!

How's this face for a loving look ... was getting nervous as he seemed to be smiling at me!!

And these kids were enjoying some time with their mom

and somebody was hinting that it was nearly bedtime

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:00 pm 

This famous fisherman at LP was at work and making sure that his sushi for dinner was going to be just right.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:34 pm 

Thursday 19th April turned out to be a bumper of a day.

Along the H4-1 we spotted this lonely lady lying on the sand (quality of photo not great).

We followed her until she disappeared behind some bushes and then continued ...

We pushed on about 100 m, and holy-moly, what appeared out of the bushes on the other side of the road but a huge male lion. Cameras and videos were clicking away like the VIP's had arrived, when a second one came out the bush ..... and then a third.
They headed straight down the road towards us. Unfortunately some pics were taken through the windscreen

They all stopped in front of the car and all sniffed at some scent they picked up, then walked at arms length passed us. They were so close I couldn't capture the whole lion in the pic ... but who cares!!

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:57 pm 

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:05 am 

We tried to book an appointment for the beauty parlour but it was full booked that day ... :cry: :cry:

The clients were waiting their turn and lined up ....

and the poor receptionist was exhausted from all the hard work :lol: :lol:

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:40 pm 

We travelled the S29 looking for a cheetah, but it wasn't too be seen that day.
We did come across this bull ... with huge tusks ... maybe someone can tell me if this is a big tusker??

This wire-tailed swallow was enjoying the sunshine over the LS bridge

and the ground hornbills were in search of food. They would not stand still for the photo! Really! I told them their photo would be appearing on the forum, but they didn't seem too interested, hence a poor photo. :wall:

The following clip is so funny -
I've heard of visitors and animals have their brawls in the park .. and now I know so do the small fellows. We came across these two dung beatles having a fist fight. We got ring-side seats for this light-weight division boxing match. Imagine having a fight over a dung ball!!!! :lol: :lol:

Last edited by fee on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next