Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
 Post subject: Re: Wild card not received??
Unread postPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:36 pm 

:( Can I still buy a wild card at one of the gates? I'm planning to go to Kruger at the end of June

Last edited by heino07 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:52 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hello heino07
A very warnm welcome to the forums. :D
If you buy your wildcard online You will recieve a confirmation email . Print this out and carry it with you This will be perfectly OK
but remember
Quote:
If membership is purchased at the Parks, you will receive a receipt followed by a confirmation letter, which will be e-mailed to you. Both forms will be valid for 30 days from date of purchase, and may be used during this time with valid Identification, in order to access Parks.

The application process is only complete once you have completed your details here. This must occur within 30 days from date of purchase. Once completed, new members will receive their new Wild Card by registered mail.

Here are all the details about the process
Have a wonderful Trip

Unread postPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:09 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Dotty, I am just thinking in regards to the above: what if you are unable to complete the process within the 30 days?
I just get really annoyed that with every tom, dick and harry corner shop having loyalty type card schemes it seems so impossible to just have a very simple system. One where after buying the card and supplying all relevant details Wildcard send you an email and you click on it to confirm registration. Then they send the actual card out immediately. This is the way most schemes like this work now. Why is it such a shambles and so complicated? :wall:

Unread postPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:13 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

I have no idea Threedogs but will try and find out what happens if....

Unread postPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:19 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Thanks Dotty! :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:44 pm 

They don't seem to be imposing the 30 day rule yet, I think they are waiting for the new computer system to be rolled out first. Even when it does get implemented I suspect that contacting Wild Card will get it sorted.

I'll ask again about the loyalty scheme but I suspect that all resources are being directed to getting the new system up and running. And I have no idea when this will be.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:47 pm 

heino07 wrote:
:( Can I still buy a wild card at one of the gates? I'm planning to go to Kruger at the end of June and it seems it the time of getting one in time is not enough!

Heino07, welcome to the forum.

You will still be able to buy a card at the gate. In fact if you are an overnight visitor then they may ask you to buy one when you check in at your first camp. In your case I'd say it was your best option, your card won't reach you in time now. Just remember to go online to update your details when you get back and the card will be sent to you.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:17 pm 

Hello!!!! Today I received the Wildcard at home!!!!!
Thank you very much Saraf. :k

Unread postPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:41 pm 

That's great news, thanks for letting me know.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:09 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi there
Hope I can get some help here, I renewed my Wildcard on 2012-02-24 and to date i have phoned them numerous times and everytime I get another answer, at one time I was told it was posted in January 2012 :shock: :shock: ,but I only renewed in February :shock: :shock: :wall: :wall:

Please, please please can someone help me :pray: :pray: :pray:

Thanks

KNP: Berg en Dal 7 to 10 August 2015

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:22 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the Year & Travel Tale of the Year, Other Parks (2013)
harrys wrote:
.... at one time I was told it was posted in January 2012 :shock: :shock: ,but I only renewed in February :shock: :shock: :wall: :wall:
:lol:
sorry... but it become laughable :?

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:50 pm 

Harrys, please fill out this form and email to the address on the form.

If you don't get any response please let me know and I will try to chase it.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:08 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

I bought my new Wild Card on 25 March 2012 — at least that's the date on my confirmation letter. That was a few days before I departed for my recent RSA visit and I certainly expected that the actual physical card would have been delivered long before my return, on 25 June 2012 .

Unfortunately, that is not the case. Can anyone help in discovering why I have not received my card? Three months does seem to be rather a long time for it to not have been delivered.

Ten days ago, I sent an email with this information to Joep Stevens and Hein Grobler, but so far have received no reply and I am becoming concerned. I will hope that I do receive my physical card before I return for another RSA visit later this year.

@saraf: The PDF form that you reference is useless because I can't fill it in on line and therefore cannot email it. Perhaps this form exisits in Word format?

31 Oct-1 Nov Pafuri River Camp
2-15 Nov KNP: Punda Maria, Sirheni, Olifants, Tamboti, Skukuza
16-22 Nov Cape Town
23 Nov-20 Jan Darling

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:04 am 

arks wrote:
I bought my new Wild Card on 25 March 2012 — at least that's the date on my confirmation letter. That was a few days before I departed for my recent RSA visit and I certainly expected that the actual physical card would have been delivered long before my return, on 25 June 2012 .

Unfortunately, that is not the case. Can anyone help in discovering why I have not received my card? Three months does seem to be rather a long time for it to not have been delivered.

Ten days ago, I sent an email with this information to Joep Stevens and Hein Grobler, but so far have received no reply and I am becoming concerned. I will hope that I do receive my physical card before I return for another RSA visit later this year.

@saraf: The PDF form that you reference is useless because I can't fill it in on line and therefore cannot email it. Perhaps this form exisits in Word format?

Try here and click on "Do you have a Query".

If you would like you can PM me you Wild Card number and a contact email address and I'll try to get an answer.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:11 pm 

I applied for my Wild Card on 03/06/2012 online. It was posted to me on 22/06/2012 any received by the post office on 27/06/2012! Good job. I was in Kruger by that time but when we entered at the Phalaborwa gate on the 23rd of June, we did have any problems with our printed proof! Thanks again. :clap:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40