Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 4 of 10
 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Where would you like to have Cricket 2013 take place?
Poll ended at Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:44 pm
Kruger NP (Skukuza) 50%  50%  [ 51 ]
Kgalagadi TP (Twee Rivieren) 50%  50%  [ 51 ]
Total votes : 102
 Post subject: Re: Cricket 2013
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:38 pm 
Guru
Guru

Quote:
One important factor to consider imo is the lack of affordable accommodation at KTP

Meaning....... :hmz:

At last it’s time to bring the cricket tournament back to where the whole idea started just over 6 years ago.

Kruger had their share of 6 years where they have hosted the tournament, and a very good job they did of it.
But for the mites from Cape Town and closer surroundings it is time to involve them into the 'action' as well and also to give more of the other parks which make SANParks such a great place some more exposure. It will also allow Parks such as Augrabies, Mokala to enter teams to come and play. By looking at it now KTP is not so isolated as what Kruger is in getting there and getting other parks involved......

By bringing the tournament to Kgalagadi it gives the park the opportunity to show our guests that we can host such an event (Even if it is in our red sand), and the staff would love to share their hospitality with the guests visiting.
It would also be much more accessible to our local communities to share in the fun and get them involved in SANParks events (Which would be in line with the new Mission and Vision of SANParks). The local communities and the Khoi San would also get so much more exposure during this event.

Logistics should not be a problem as we have so many dedicated people who will make sure that this event will be n huge success.

The 'heat' wouldn’t play a role as we have just had our inter-camp sport weekend at Nossob and we played soccer, Volley ball, Netball etc until about 12h00 and then the cricket again at 14h00 (WHICH TWEE RIVIEREN KEEPS THE TROPHEY AS WE WON AGAIN).

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:56 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

What is the weather like in March in the KTP?

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:04 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Hi Jannie
meaning that if i intend to travel the KTP for a week on my own there is no real budget accommodation.Not a complaint btw :wink:
But in Kruger the southern camps still have them which is more friendlier to my budget

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:40 pm 

The only problem I do see with KTP, is the distance, and then some work to be done cause we will probably lose regular sponsors, :hmz: And then of course the Capie Mites are a bunch of oldies that dont like a good bash. :twisted:

And people tend to refrain from trying a new position if the old did the job so well. :P

But there are good points all round. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:30 pm 

FAC Member (2012)
Aren't a bit of focus been lost with the event?
How many forumite's from the south are attending Cricket@Skukuza anyway?

IMHO it is a forum event, a get together. A specific place where it should be held should not be the issue.

I'm all for giving Kgalagadi their chance to have it their way. Many times it was discussed how to involve local communities to the event. Im comfident that Kgalagadi can do this.
All other issues can be addressed with plenty of time at hand before the next event.

And I'm sure sponsors are sponsoring the event and not the lace - read Skukuza - where it takes place.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:54 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the Year & Travel Tale of the Year, Other Parks (2013)
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
stay at Skukuza... Kgalagadi no need a lot of noise, lot of people, lot of dustbins, lot of cars... pollution ... :wink:
so beautiful without any traffic jam... not to much electricity... and the heat... oups the heat... :whistle:

and I voted for Kgalagadi :lol:

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:57 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ Anne-marie
Boorgatspook has a good point :thumbs_up:
But its up to SANparks
They invent in time and money

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:57 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

The alternative event (i.e another event extra to the cricket in Skukuza) sounds like a proper counter-proposal.... You IMHO cannot just change a winning recept so far??

I agree, it's becoming like a tradition, and a very succesful one at that! For the ordinary people who are the backbone of the success and fun of the forum, it will be a dune too far :whistle:

SANParks slammed some solid points and positive coverage by the mist recent event, and should capatilize on that to make it a even bigger tool to success than what it has already become :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:12 am 
Guru
Guru

Morning All,

@Bert, I hear what you say regarding the budget BUT on the other hand there is plenty of budget accommodation around not only in the park but also just outside the park. The aim of the cricket tournament is to bring people together, also SANParks and the communities and not only a selected few...right? So why not give other forumites the chance to be able to join in the fun. For plenty of mites it is just too far to get to KNP from CT. It would also create the opportunity to guests to meet up with the people behind the scenes in the different parks.
There might be a few sponsors who might pull out because the event is not in KNP but this will now open the playing field for new sponsors to get involved in SANParks.
You can’t just measure the success of the event while it has just been held in one of the parks give the other parks the opportunity to show what they can do to even try or better the event.

I fully support the idea of getting all the other parks involved and even let them host the event as it would not only bring income to the park it would also allow staff from other parks to visit the parks they haven’t been too, and to have guests also see the beauty of the other parks.

To have the event in KTP (as previously mentioned) will be to a huge advantage of the communities in the surrounding areas as they will be involved and it will also join in the fun which so many other people have had when the event was held in KNP.

@Scipio,....CT mites bunch of oldies :big_eyes: . I need to introduce you to them they are a bunch of people which is very young of heart and GREAT fun to be with and will not stand back in any way to assist where possible. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:32 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Kgalagadi Guru wrote:
The 'heat' wouldn’t play a role as we have just had our inter-camp sport weekend at Nossob and we played soccer, Volley ball, Netball etc until about 12h00 and then the cricket again at 14h00 (WHICH TWEE RIVIEREN KEEPS THE TROPHEY AS WE WON AGAIN).

Now there is an idea......another type of get-together! Keep Cricket@Skukuza and introduce something else at a cooler time of year at KTP. I am sure there is enough interest for both, and it would give more people an opportunity to get involved.

Have you read the gate leaflet? Do you KNOW the regulations?

Completed over 5 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I were normal I wouldn't be me!

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:47 am 
Guru
Guru

The weather is actually very pleasant during this time of the year so playing the weather card is not going to work. :lol:

The SANParks cricket tournament is for all of the parks within SANParks, its visitors and local communities. You are correct in saying that it would give so much more people the opportunity to get involved especially when it is held in KTP.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:08 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the Year & Travel Tale of the Year, Other Parks (2013)
Kgalagadi Guru wrote:
The aim of the cricket tournament is to bring people together, also SANParks and the communities and not only a selected few...right? So why not give other forumites the chance to be able to join in the fun. For plenty of mites it is just too far to get to KNP from CT. It would also create the opportunity to guests to meet up with the people behind the scenes in the different parks.....

....You can’t just measure the success of the event while it has just been held in one of the parks give the other parks the opportunity to show what they can do to even try or better the event.....

....I fully support the idea of getting all the other parks involved and even let them host the event as it would not only bring income to the park it would also allow staff from other parks to visit the parks they haven’t been too, and to have guests also see the beauty of the other parks.
:thumbs_up:

Kgalagadi Guru wrote:
@Scipio,....CT mites bunch of oldies :big_eyes:
:shock: :twisted:
I'm not from CT.... but I know a lot of not oldies at all :whistle:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:13 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Howzit All you "cricket fans". I attended last weekends cricket weekend and had a blast even though I did not play. (So many new faces for me that is) However watching the cricket the Angels seemed to really enjoy themselves but the guys IMO were out gunned by a league side from the area. I thought that the SANparks team was to be made up from SANparks employees only and that the fun side of the game would also prevail in the mens side. (Please correct me if Im wrong).
However my suggestion for forthcoming events would be to have a mixed side male/female made up from mite`s and parks personel as we do in action cricket.
Just my pennies worth.
I have never been to KTP and what a great excuse it will be to get there.

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished Lao Tzu

Shingwedzi 27/12/14 to 30/12/14
Satara 31/12/14 to 04/01/15
Lower Sabie 05/01/15 to 10/01/15

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 am 

i say its time we got to experience what the other parks have to offer.. :dance: im rooting for KTP :dance: :clap:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:54 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

:big_eyes: The CPT mites are very serious. 8)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next