Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 3 of 3
 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Eyes and tracks behind the bush
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:57 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Hello everyone!
Thank you FC, Radman, RayK, BluTuna, Pumbaa, GemmaT, anne-marie and melph for your kind words and feedback!!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

We will be back in Berg en Dal in few weeks :dance: :dance: and this time our little one will come with us. :hmz: I think it won´t be a bad idea to check the bungalow of any snakes before we will check in :D :wink: :tongue:

When the staff left us we first enjoyed a nice, hot coffee again and started to breathe normally again :tongue: But few minutes later we were on the road again - ready for more adventures...

Before we left the camp I had to take a pic of the beautiful Impala Lilies :D

After a while we met another Big 5 for that day :D

Once again we decided to drive to the Gardenia Hide and to do all the sand roads around. I love that area but on this day it was very, very quiet. And also the weahter was still not the best. Cold, windy and a little bit of rain… :?

But we were lucky to meet the next Big 5 :D – which was also the last one for this day :?

I love that pic :D

This little one was too tired to play with his friends :D

On this day we saw lots of Bateleurs – for me one of the most beautiful eagle!

We drove along the river on the S25 – I love that area, its so beautiful there. But also there it was quiet. I really was thinking about “where are all these animals?” Than we saw some Impies in the riverbed :dance: We enjoyed this view – it was so peaceful. Suddenly all the Impies turned and run towards us :shock: They all were crossing the road and I was happy that I got the chance to make a “Flying Impie pic” :D ...but…they were too quick :wall: :wink: :D

And soon it was quiet again! But the view was still beautiful!

To be continued soon :D

PLEASE NO HOTELS in KNP and PLEASE don´t change KNP into a Funpark!

KNP - Eyes and tracks behind the bush

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:22 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

On our way back to Berg en Dal we met a group of these beauties! The light was still not the best so I used the afternoon to play a little bit with my camera :D

Than we came across this nest but I am sorry, I couldn´t identify the eagle. I think its a Tawny but I am not sure :?

A few kilometers we met this Lappet-faced Vulture

After a while the sun said hello again and also the animals were back on the road and around the roads :dance:

A very young and very cute little giraffe :D

I was busy watching around when Stef suddenly stopped the car. A rhino mommy was on the road and in the front her new born calv.

After a while a beautiful Fish Eagle showed his presence and some busy eating Guineafowls 8)

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:39 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

We arrived at Gardenia Hide and stopped again just to have a look whats going on at the waterhole. But it was quiet again :?

Than I saw this Blacksmith Lapwing with :hmz: four legs??

NO, with one cute littel chick :D

Just before Berg en Dal on the tar road we had to stop for one of my favourite birds :dance:

Back in camp we were happy to meet Carol, Richard and their grandson Sam which had the bungalow next to us. We had a nice cold beer and than Stef started to prepare the braai. We had lots of fun and couldn´t stop to talk about our bush adventures! Suddenly we got a message that Stefan´s brother became a Daddy! his son Jakob was born in that night! :clap: :clap: :dance: But the night was not over :D

I saw a movement on the veranda from Carol and Richards bungalow. "Light please!" We stopped talking and everyone was watching. "There!!! We have a visitor! :D

A beautiful Genet came to say "HELLO" to us! ...and suddenly our cameras were burning :wink:

She really gave us a wonderful show before she said goodbye! ...and we were so happy! :dance: :dance:

What a start for a KNP trip for Carol and Richard and Sam!

I hope we will meet her again in few weeks! :pray:

To be continued soon...

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:41 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Good afternoon everyone!
Thanks again Duke, Safari Gal, FC, Pumbaa, CB, Gemma, Cheetah2111 and Melph for your feedback :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Its very cold outside - we had about -15 °C today in the morning so I need some KNP impressions to warm me up :wink:

17/08/2011

We woke up and the day started with a wonderful morning. Carol, Richard and Sam - our neighbours were already on the the road and we followed a little bit later. We decided to do a drive to Skukuza with a stop at Afsaal. But our first stop was at Matjulu - which was very dry and quiet around. Looked like that all animals were still sleeping :D

The view over the mountains was stunning this morning :D :dance:

We arrived at Afsaal and enjoyed a wonderful - lecker breakfast! :D After that I took a walk around the picnic area and was wondering and thinking about this? :hmz: Does anyone know what it is? There were lots of them around the picnic area.

...and than I found this :D

Of course the resident Bushbuck Family was also there, BUT :evil:

I think the following pics don´t need much words :evil:

:shock: :shock: First I was too shocked to do anything but than I went to this family and told them “please stop touching the animals!!!!”

They looked at me with big eyes! I was wearing my safari clothes from my Safari Field Guide Course so maybe they thought I am an official from the park! :wink: I explained them why its important not to touch the animals and the people understood and were very friendly!
After that I saw some other kids which were waiting that we will leave the Bushbucks that they can touch them. I also told the boys please not to touch the animals for pictures and I think also this kids understood. Only the parents were not very happy! :wall:

Can you also clean your nose like this? :tongue:

I had enough from Afsaal and we said “hello” to the Scops and continue with our drive to Skukuza.

I was thinking about the happening at Afsaal for the next kilometers…

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:55 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Suddenly Stef stopped the car because this cute little one wanted to say "hello" to us :D

We had an awesome blue sky with lots of little clouds! My camera was burning till we stopped at the Granokop view point :wink: :D

I am also always impressed about the rock buildings :wink:

Than we had to stop again because of this traffic jam! But it was a traffic jam we enjoyed very much :wink:

The following way was very quiet. Just a few kilometers before the Granokop we met this big guy!

On the top of the Granokop we enjoyed the awesome view!

We were hungry again so we drove to Skukuza for some Sandwiches :D

To be continued soon...

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:26 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

We arrived at Skukuza and once again I had to stop at the beautiful Impalalilies :wink:

Than we went to the restaurant and organized something for lunch. The restaurant was very busy so we had to wait a little bit. When we had our lunch we were looking for a nice place to eat and to enjoy the wonderful view in Skukuza.

After a while it was time to say goodbye again and we were on the road back to Berg en Dal.

Again we stopped at the rocks and saw this beautiful Klippspringer! They really posed for us :D I cannot understand that most of the other cars didn´t stop, or stop for a second just to have look or stop to ask us "are you looking for leopard or did you see any lions?" :slap:

We were in time so I said to Stef to take the road to Transport just to try our luck with the Hyaena Den today. But we were not lucky - also the Dam was very quiet :? no animals around. But the blue sky and the clouds were just beautiful!! :D

On our way back to the tar road we met this little guy and his Mum :D

He enjoyed to show us how strong he is :D

But after a while Mum said "its enough now - lets go"

Bye for now and hopefully see you soon again :D

We did our next stop at Afsaal and than...we found something we were just looking for :D

To be continued soon

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:18 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

We left Afsaal to drive back home to Berg en Dal!

Just outside Afsaal I saw a movement in the hig gras! :D First I thought YEA!! We found the dogs :dance: :dance: :dance: but, it was just a Hyaena :?

But I wasn´t too disappointed because it was our second and also last Hyaena :cry: but also the best Hyaena sighting for this trip :D ...and we found what we were just looking for :wink:

The next stop was at Renosterpan. We never saw much there but anyway I love this waterhole and you never know if its busy there or not.

This time there came some animals for a drink and we enjoyed the peaceful scene :D

Back on the tar road we met a group of giraffes. The light was just perfect. But we also met some idiots who went out of the car to get a better pic of the modells of the bush :wall: :wall: :wall: I cannot understand why people do that again and again..... :sniper:

I took a pic of the lady in her mercedes which were out of the car and she understood my message. They continued with their drive but at the bridge before Malelane and Berg en Dal we met each other again in a huge traffic jam! Ande there we saw much more idiots :wall: :wall: :wall: especially one Safari Guide in a big green truck, but NOT a Sanpark Car! This guy was standing in the middle of the road so nobody could forward or backward. After a while we got a glimpse of the reason of the trafiic jam.

...and of course the reason were lazy cats :dance: :dance: :D sorry, a little bit far away but I was happy to see the famous Berg en Dal pride :dance: :dance: :dance:

I think we had to stay there for about one hour and could only watch them for 5 minutes. But than we had another wonderful sighting :D

I hope the family is still okay and happy together!! :pray: :pray:

This evening we had another wonderful and lecker braai with Carolv, Richard and their grandson Sam!

We left Berg en Dal the next morning for our last destination. 4 nights in Biyamiti! And the time there was everything but not boring!!!!!!!!!! Especially the first evening was special with our own battle in Kruger close to our fence!

To be continued soon…

Unread postPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:42 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Hi everyone!
So, NOW its time to continue this TR. I am still shocked about that man who killed with speeding 12 !!! Impalas in Kruger last week :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

18/08/2011 - From Berg en Dal to Byiamiti

It was a wonderful last morning in Berg en Dal. I had to take a "Goodbye" pic from Malmen. Also he loved to stay in that camp :D

Stef was busy packing all our stuff into the car and I had time to do a part of the Rhino Walk again. I walked towards the restaurant. When I came to the dam a saw :hmz: something big and couldn´t believe – there was a huge hippo having a nap :D

The light was perfect and I enjoyed all the mirroring in the water :D

Also some little birds were crossing my way to say goodbye :wink:

These beautiful flowers were everywhere

After a while we were on the road again and did a quick stop at Matjulu. It was really an awesome morning and suddenly a big Kudu family came to the waterhole for a drink. I had some tears in my eyes :? while taking these pics. But I thought “no long, and I will be back” At that day, I though I will be come back in few weeks – but than it was in some months…But that’s another story.

It was also a busy morning and just after the Kudus we met our first Big 5 :D

Before we turned right we met these beauties which also came out of the bush to say "Goodbye" :D

And with this cute little one I will stop for today but of course this TR will be continued with an incredible time at Byiamiti :dance: :D

Unread postPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:16 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Good morning everone!
Thank you Sharifa, Sparrow, FC, Pumbaa and hilda for your kind comments!!!! :D :thumbs_up:

Sparrow - Image hope you have a wonderful day :D

hilda - since that trip Biyamiti is also one of my favourite camps :wink:

Still on the way to Biyamiti

Before we turned to the S25 we met a group of Impies. I always enjoy watching them because Kruger would not be Kruger without them :wink:

After the Impies we met to majestic Waterbucks :D

This youngster was coming out of the bush to say Hello

We have never been in that part of Kruger before and really enjoyed the drive to the camp. The landscape was beautiful and I became more and more excited.

Suddenly we heard something and this little ellie was coming out so quickly and stopped and we were watching each other. But soon he was relaxed and thought it might be better to go back to Mom :D

On that route there are some points were you can look down to the riverbed and on one point we were watching a group of ellies :D

Just before the Weir we met this beautiful model :D

We knew that there was a mating pair of lions around the Biyamiti Weir are but we couldn´t find them. We were lucky that there was no other car at the Weir so we were not in a hurry to drive on and could enjoy the special atmosphere there. Some birds were around and of course some crocs. I was still looking for the lions because I thought the area is just perfect for them but the won´t say hello. Maybe next time :D

Has anyone the ID of this bird?

We had to leave the Weir to continue our drive to the camp but we knew that we will come back the next day! :D :wink:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3