Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 4 of 4
 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Roadtrippin' in Kruger: See you on the other side.......
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:22 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Following, the worst weekend: :wall: :wall:

So on my way to pick up some youngsters from faraway lands, I encounter great sightings. With everything possible to be seen. Even the grass came out in all splendor. :dance: This weekend should be great. :clap:

A herd that was about 70 strong walking up the road.

Some Lion Love. 8)

This being the last sighting before the pickup. :big_eyes:

A big male, a few minutes before exiting Phala-gate

And as I pick them up………
A great big nothing with this as the best sighting. The jeep burst a radiator pipe on the Nwanetsi road. :?

2 Forumites, looking at a motor, not making head or tail but doing the manly thing, wondering when the beer is coming. :hmz:

So the weekend there was no pic’s, no animals, :big_eyes: and then a few minutes after dropping them off in Phalagat, This happens. Ouch. :slap: We just picked up from where we left off.

Lions and some more awesome sightings. :big_eyes:

But more of these pics later. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:46 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Award: Angel of the Year Award: Small Parks Promoter of the Year (2012)
[quote="Scipio"And as I pick them up………
A great big nothing with this as the best sighting. The jeep burst a radiator pipe on the Nwanetsi road. :? [/quote]

Ouch! But you saw lovely ellies and lions too.

Love the grass shots :thumbs_up:

Sanibonani(isiZulu), Molo(isiXhosa), Thobela(Sepedi), Dumela(Setswana), Lumela(Sesotho)
Abusheni(Xitsonga), Sanibona(siSwati), Avuwani(Tshivenda), Salibonani(isiNdebele), Hello(English), Hallo(Afrikaans)

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:43 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Anri, sightings heated up from here, but while we were stranded about 12 km's from Nwanetsi, with no beer, PetraJ rushed to Satara to see if they have a spare waterpipe, now the previous day we measured over 44 degrees, lucky it was cooler today. Myself and Dan waited, and then a guy from Singita came, and we pleaded for beer. :twisted:

Well, then an Ellie bull arrived, and started bothering us, with a stationary vehicle. :slap: Lucky PetraJ arrived and we ran to her vehicle, jumped in and raced off, Worrying the whole time if the bull will leave the Jeep in one piece. :pray:

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:40 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

The stress levels were quite high... after leaving the Jeep there with that ellie, I joined the guests again in Satara and tried to entertain them while Scipio, Dan and Catmatix made their way to Hoedspruit to see if there is any spare shops open on a Sunday... but the whole time we worried about the Jeep. That is one of those incidents that one never want to live through again. :|

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:21 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Ha-ha, Dan, at least you shaved. :twisted:

By this time, I had the "Group from Hell", :wall: 18 girls on a bus that locked me out cause I told them to not drink, not to smoke in the bus, (Turned out I smoked and drank with them to ensure transport back to camp) :whistle: , a Canadian girl that wanted to see only an elephant, and then her first meeting was a Bull, at close quarters, trying to jump on the vehicle, 8) A naked 70+ year old lady running out of the ablutions cause a python wanted to take a shower with her. :big_eyes: (Would rather forget that one) And now I arrive in JHB, at 3AM, having to pick up a group from the Airport in a 3 Hours, with no vehicle, no sleep................. :slap:

Life was good, and only got better. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:04 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

On the way home:
So we have to get home after dropping off the unlucky guys, we saw all of this in a 25km stretch from the Olifantsriver High bridge. :lol:

First this playfull two, it was hilarious to see and hear them fight: 8)

Then this female, targeting something: :big_eyes:

Shame, poor man is not going to know what hit him. Dang Woman, can I not rest for a while! :wall:

Then this pride: :thumbs_up:

And again. :clap:

It was sightings of a lifetime, in a few minutes.

On the way home over Longtom: :slap:

This pic was taken directly into the sun at 3pm: :big_eyes:

It was a long drive. :whistle:

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:50 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Dan, Gorillas in the mist, and too slow to zip up when the mist lefted. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Braai Buddy day:
Next morning early all the way back to Kruger on a 2 week trip to visit at least 5 National parks, and some non SANParks. First day I needed to find Hyena, and I knew where a den was situated close to Letaba. :wink:

On the way to den, some nice textures:

And as we get to the den, a show. :dance:

After the great day, just cause the guys with me had Hyena as no. 1 on their list to see, we decided to have a braai. The day just could not have ended better with the hyena pups. :hmz:

Until I hear a unmistakable chewing sound. Warning everyone to silence we waited, and soon this big beauty appeared. Spending a good 2 hours with us. 8)

The next pic with permission, from the only person that was willing to move a muscle. :P

The first day of a 14 day trek, signaled great sightings all the way to the southernmost tip of Africa. :whistle:

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:11 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Thanks for the comments. :thumbs_up:

Alfie, it was great to have the beast with us for so long. No pic can duplicate the actual experience. :dance:

Nighthunt,

So the following day we take a slow drive down to Satara, on the waywe found some nice birds, ellies my fave. 8)

After relaxing at camp we go for a night Drive, all these pic’s was taken without flash, I don’t like using a flash on animals at night. :whistle:

First we see a GE Owl.

Then this ellie, a mother in a herd, and not happy at all, it could only be Lions.

But a Civet, also running like mad, I am sure there are Lion around now.

A few meters further, we find them, on the hunt. I took many pics, but these are a few.

Just before the charge, :pray:

But unfortunately the guide misread the situation and moved in between them and the prey, an Impala, causing the hunt to fail. :wall:

But all was not lost, we found two young males,

Stare into my eyes,

Unfortunately the Guide, yet again misread the lions, and they got really agitated :wall: :wall:

But all said, it was a good day, tomorrow we go further south, find a lost baby ellie, and a dying hippo.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4