Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 47 of 76
 [ 1127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kruger is flooding
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 am 

That is really bad news for a fave camp. :cry: SANParks, please don't modernise Balule now. :pray:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:08 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Scipio wrote:
SANParks, please don't modernise Balule now.

Excellent plea Scipio :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:22 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I agree. Don't modernise the camp. And not because I've ever been there, but because there should be something for everyone. Some people want commercial, modern camps to live in. That's fine. There are plenty of those. But some people want the more rustic, basic approach, and they too should be catered for.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:54 am 

Hi

Joep you posted a really clear message thank you. How sad this is. Looking at previous posts I agree regarding keeping the 2 camps as rustic as possible. For many people this is the Kruger and as usual the Kruger does consider everyones tastes and ideals, so I am sure they will do their best to restore the camps. Again Kruger please let us know if you intend to have a fund we can donate to. I am sure any donation would be gratefully received.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:15 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Thank you Joep. Its very interesting

I wonder how long it will take to repair all those damaged tents or replace them. What will happen to the people who booked in tamboti in February. Do they have to look for other accommodation by them selfs or does kruger appoint them other accommodation? (my parents will be staying there for a few days beginning of February) :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:34 am 

hi all

I was wondering can anyone give me an update on what Balule may look like or how bad it was hit by the flooding?

We were very lucky to of gotten married under the baobab last year in the camp and were so looking forward to spending our 1st anniversary there in march :(

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:41 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Thanks for the info, Joep. Very sad to hear of all the damage throughout the KNP. I was especially saddened to hear that Tamboti had been badly damaged. We are only fairly recent "converts" to Tamboti and look forward to staying there again (luckily no booking at the moment).

Sincerely hope that Balule and Tamboti are fixed as soon as humanly possible and are restored to be the same as before the flooding (i.e. not "tarted up" too much).

Congratulations to all in KNP for so quickly getting most things up and running again.

Mopani 18-20 Oct 2014
Shingwedzi 20-22 Oct 2014
Punda Maria 22-25 Oct 2014

KTP May 2015

Post subject: Re: Lake Panic - Lives up to its name
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:53 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Imberbe

Thank you for the update and picture on the Walkway next to the nursery...

Its really incredible to see it so mangled :shock: , but really hope the Park Management will restore it, as it is/ was a well meaning educational tool for adults and children, on the need for wetlands and their function :thumbs_up: .

All children I took there loved going for the walk on it, (also more of an opportunity to stretch legs and move about after being in a vehicle, I am sure :hmz: ) But it made a big impact... to all of us 8)

KNP: 03 Jan to 12 Jan 14 (Berg n Dal, PKop, Croc Bridge)
KNP 10 May to 17 May 2013 (Malelane, Satara, Skukuza)
KNP 16 July to 26 July 14 (Croc Bridge, Tamboti, L Sabie )

Post subject: Re: Lake Panic flood damage??
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:08 pm 

Hi Tobieo

Lake Panic will be included in the next media release coming out shortly. Please refer to it for an update on Lake Panic.

Edit:- It is closed at present - see here.

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:25 pm 
Guru
Guru

Hi 'mites :yaya:

Please find another media update here for your attention.
I know many of you have been asking about Lake Panic Birdhide and unfortunately, the hide is temporarily closed due to the dam wall that breached last week. :(

Please note that Guests are kindly urged to use water sparingly as camps/ gates and picnic spots in many area operate on emergency pumps and boreholes with limited capacity. Guests to Satara are also requested to use electricity sparingly as Eskom supply line at Balule was washed away and camp is operating on standby generator.
The Roads Section is currently very busy with grading activities in the Marula Region around the Biyamiti area and guests are warned to exercise caution when using these roads until all work has been completed.

Tel: (012) 426 5202

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:26 pm 

can't wait to see some pics

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:30 pm 
Lesego wrote:

Please find another media update here for your attention.
I know many of you have been asking about Lake Panic Birdhide and unfortunately, the hide is temporarily closed due to the dam wall that breached last week. :(

Please note that Guests are kindly urged to use water sparingly as camps/ gates and picnic spots in many area operate on emergency pumps and boreholes with limited capacity. Guests to Satara are also requested to use electricity sparingly as Eskom supply line at Balule was washed away and camp is operating on standby generator.
The Roads Section is currently very busy with grading activities in the Marula Region around the Biyamiti area and guests are warned to exercise caution when using these roads until all work has been completed.

:thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:36 pm 

Thanks for the latest update on the Park situation.

If anyone is interested, I have come up to Kruger for 9 nights to blog about the effects of the flood from Croc Bridge to Satara. I have just launched a website - http://aboutthebush.com Have a read!

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:40 pm 

Lesego wrote:

I went to Lake Panic yesterday and it was looking fine - a little erosion to the footpath but not much else.

Post subject: Floods
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:08 pm 

We are due to arrive at Nelspruit on saturday to drive over to Kruger, entering via Crocodile gate.Can anyone tell us the condition of the N4 following the recent weather and flooding?
Thanks,
Sue

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 76  Next