Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: to merge
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:35 pm 

Dear all

This is all fantastic! Thank you! Please keep ideas coming, and the enthusiasm and willingness of you all to assist is appreciated.

We do need to remind you to please keep in mind that ALL donations via the forums must go through the VHRs' books and monies, through the VHR bank account.

This does not mean that members cannot donate to a cause they identify - not at all, this is welcomed. But in the interests of good corporate governance, SANParks insists that all donations must be recorded correctly, and this extends to any made via the forums. This, the VHRs ensure happens. If these channels are not followed, we are placing this forum at huge risk.

We realise that you all do appreciate and wish to comply with the rules of the forums - so just a reminder to keep in mind.

If one of you will volunteer to co-ordinate this proposed project and contact one of the VHRs, they will happily assist. Perhaps BB as he has the go ahead from the VHRs for raising funds as he mentioned.

Post subject: Re: Camera Traps
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:09 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
FAC Member (2012)
Hi SANP M,

I have indeed permission from a mod, and am aware of the procedure.

I am waiting for the final donation to arrive, after some forumites said they would, and did, donate.

Assuming my wife can get the cards at a good price, and I would need to get the exact requirements please, and that if it would be guarenteed that she would be paid back timeously so as not to be out of pocket, I will gladly follow the procedure.

Just a pity that the backwards and forwards would attract unnecessary bank charges, therby diluting the donations.

If it was acceptable, I could give a record of all money donated (and acknowledge the donors), all money spent on cards - with proof, and deposit the balance to VHR account.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:22 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Bush Baptist wrote:
I have some money from some forumites in lieu of Barcud's Antarctica presentation. It was suggested that the proceeds be used to puchase another camera. I am waiting for the last donation to arrive before I know the final amount.

If the (majority of the) donors agree, I could buy a number of cards. My wife is in the trade and might be able to get them at a better price than usual.

Donors please pm me with your answer.

I agree but I import my memory cards directly from the USA at a good price (B&H photo) can mail you the link if interested! :thumbs_up:

March 2015 KTP

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:42 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Location: Johannesburg - where they cut down trees and name streets after them.
Hi BB,

Yes, we discussed this project and you got the :thumbs_up: to go ahead. :)

Bush Baptist wrote:
Assuming my wife can get the cards at a good price, and I would need to get the exact requirements please, and that if it would be guarenteed that she would be paid back timeously so as not to be out of pocket, I will gladly follow the procedure.

We most certainly don't want you to foot the bill! :)
The amount would be paid within 48hrs and upon invoice. I say 48hrs but it may be almost immediately. :wink:
You can email the invoice to me and I will immediately request payment. It would be paid by EFT and the payment advise can be sent to you directly if you wish and then you can take delivery of the cards.

Bush Baptist wrote:
Just a pity that the backwards and forwards would attract unnecessary bank charges, therby diluting the donations.

Although this may change in future, our banking fees have been nominal till now and we have been able to offset that against interest earned. I can say in full confidence that every single cent donated to any project went where it was supposed to go and this will be no different. :)

Bush Baptist wrote:
If it was acceptable, I could give a record of all money donated (and acknowledge the donors), all money spent on cards - with proof, and deposit the balance to VHR account.

There is a very tight control over donations to SANParks, as posted by SP mod. It's also about setting a precedent for future, one which would not be according to the rules.

Apart from that, it is important for us as members of this forum to keep good record of what is donated to SANParks because everything gets logged, not only with SANParks but also with the H.R.'s and that is what we as region is measured against - our contribution to SANParks. In order to log the project, we need to show the bank deposit and also the invoice for goods paid for.
I know this sounds like a cumbersome bit of red tape but it is very important. Please see here:
Chairperson's Annual Report : 2011 - Virtual region
Should donations not go via the Honorary Rangers, Virtual Region (the correct name :wink: ), it would not be credited as donations from the Forum. Always remember that although we are just a few H.R.'s, we are a region with a difference. Every single member of the forum is involved and contributes to the region in one way or the other. We are only your vehicle to make your projects and donations possible. :wink:

One more thing :wink: , should there be a balance left over, that would still be "your" money and we will hold it until you guys tell us where you want it to go.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:11 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
FAC Member (2012)
Hi JenB/Tobieo,

How about this then.

1. When I get all the monry in, I let you both know how much it is.
2. Tobieo imports cards to the value.
3. I pay over the cash to VHR. (as soon as I get it all in).
4. VHR reimburses Tobieo.

Chat again on 3/1 off to KTP in hours.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:16 pm 

Anne-marie, goods can and are being donated and that is great. All we need is for members to do so by keeping us informed so it can be properly logged and managed. :)

BB, please wiggle your toes in the kalahari sand for me?
After months of watching availability KTP has decided to let me in and I've tried every trick in the book..... :(
Have a wonderful trip!!! :D

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:20 pm 

Quote:
How about this then.

1. When I get all the monry in, I let you both know how much it is.
2. Tobieo imports cards to the value.
3. I pay over the cash to VHR. (as soon as I get it all in).
4. VHR reimburses Tobieo.

That's fine thanx BB. :thumbs_up:
We just need to calculate that the cards would still be cheaper if you import considering banking fees. I'm not sure what it would cost. :doh:
(See? I'm the bean counter. :lol: )

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:32 pm 

Kgalagadi Guru wrote:
Hi there,

We are looking at 3 x16GB (or larger), I have seen that the 4GB cards dont l;ast long regarding pictures where the 16GB can take 9900 pictures.

Hi Jannie,

Just as a formality, please send an email to us where in you specify what cards you need? Also please copy it to the KTP management as per procedure?

Many thanx!
:D

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:46 pm 
Guru
Guru

Morning All,

@Daleen

As you have mentioned the possibility to split this thread, could you please do so as we are heading away from the main reason of this thread.

Thanks

Just to let all the mites, and the VHR donations, know that each and every donation you have made to the park (and that is without asking for it) has been recorded as per SANParks directives ( for audit purposes) and asset numbers are allocated to these 'goodies' before it ends up at the respective departments.

Thanks so much for all the support during 2011, have a stunning 2012 and a safe new year wherever you will be :cocktail:

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:50 pm 
SANPARKS :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:51 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the Year & Travel Tale of the Year, Other Parks (2013)
thanks Jannie... the same to you and your familly and to the whole park :gflower: