Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 2 of 5
 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: From being a bushwoman to Kruger with a few B's?
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:08 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

We left Kruger this pm via Malelane Gate :cry: Had another sighting of a honeybadger this am and lions on a buff kill. Last night at My Bush House in Marloth and tomorrow I returned to Pretoria before getting ready to fly out back to Doha on Wednesday. :cry:

Had very good sightings over the last 30 odd days and met about 10 Yellow Ribbons :D Pictures to follow as soon as Im back and have spend some times with my dogs Adore and Rable :D :D

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:14 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

My apologies. You will have to wait a little bit longer as I did not return to Doha as planned. My father passed away on Monday am and I was very grateful to be here! Now returning home tomorrow pm and will post as soon as I can.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:23 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

As you can see Im now back in Doha. I thank you all for the condolences and messages. I think I have mentioned before that my love for Kruger came from my Dad! He is the one that took me to Kruger for many years and I think its fitting that I show you the man who made me what I am today.

Mgoddard wrote:
Lovely drive along the S28 and along the S26 and S25 to reach Biyamiti. Rhinos. Buffalo and breeding herd of elephants and a secretary bird. Sitting at cottage no 5 with a lovely view onto a pool of water where kudu are drinking now. Going to just relax and enjoy the view.

Extract from my posting on our first day in Kruger

MIL and I left Marloth with the roaring of the lions :D First had to stop at Komatipoort Spar and Tops for a few more things and 6 cases of beer :D and we entered at Croc Bridge at about 10am.

Sightings were few and far between but it was nice to be back in Kruger and who better to share it with than MIL!

We reached Biyamiti just before 2pm and could check in with very friendly staff at the reception where I first had to renew my Wildcard and then on to cottage number 5 with a very nice view over the dry riverbed, although I was very surprised to see some pools of water and we could even hear some hippos further up :D

The rest of the afternoon was spent in camp watching the monkeys jumping over the fence to come into camp and a few birds coming to the bird bath that I filled up with ice cold water from the coolerbox.
Black headed Oriole

Red Billed Hornbill

The evening was spent around a very nice fire and a great braai!

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:13 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Norms be sure the coolerbox is packed and full of cold Hansa's :D Anne marie, yes diyavu....I learned it from your TR :lol: Chappies.... :D he was a very kind man and I thank him for everything he ever taught me...I know he was very proud of me :) Dalene D....why pack light?? We need lots of beer for this TR :D Glad you on board as I am of the others! GemmaT, I remember your dad .....glad you could take his ashes back to Kruger...a place I would love to have mine! Bushbuddies and Matthys...thanks for being here and reading :

MIL and I left Biyamiti at about 7am the next morning, driving the private road up to Biyamiti weir then onto Afsaal, to Renosterpan and back on the S114 to Biyamiti...a very nice, and not too long drive as I have to cater to MIL for not being in the car for too long :D I think the problem with not doing a daily "blog" or posting is that I cant remember exactly what we did and what we ate :redface: I was in Kruger to relax and enjoy every minute, so I apologise if I get it wrong :redface:

At least the pictures got a date and time, so that is right :D :D

We stopped for a troop of monkeys and I always enjoy watching them..such characters...very much like my Adore and Rable at home :D This one was giving MIL a "carefull look" :lol: :lol:

Next up we stopped for about 20 minutes admiring this Pearl Spotted Owlet, who did not mind me taking pictures

Not far from there as we came around the corner this gentleman came walking out of the bush....He did not even see us....or maybe he was occupied somewhere else.....as much as I wanted to...he did not want to look at me...it was perfect light...but not today :(

After a take away from Afsaal, I think we continued on to Renosterpan where we found only 1 Saddlebilled Stork...I have not idea what happened to his wife??? :(

And somewhere along the way we got this Rhino who was not very happy for me to take his picture, he kept on hiding his face in the grass :cry:

We returned to Biyamiti where I left MIL and set of for a drive by myself....no great sightings, but I enjoyed the drive, the peace and quite and just being by myself...little did I know what stressfull time I was going to have later that eveing :roll: :shock:

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:29 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Thank you Joao, Gemma T, Pumbaa and Cheetah2111 for your compliments and reading :D Hilda Im not sure B will be very happy with you sitting on the bonnet :shock: Thanks to you too for reading, I still think about our very nice braai at Satara, but more on that later.

Continue with our 2nd night at Biyamiti.

MIL and I were just relaxing next to a very nice fire again ( :D ) and I think that most of you know that I have a very bad habit ......smoking!! :redface: I excused myself from the fire to fetch some cigarettes...but....could not find any..it seemed like I left it all on my bed in Marloth :evil: :twisted:

If I fly I know that I cant smoke and it does not worry me...but sitting next to my fire in Kruger with a cold one in my hand??? The most stressfull time I can remember!! I walked to the ppl in the bungalow on the left to see if anyone was a smoker, the answer I got was "No sorry, we only drink"! :lol: I asked the ppl on the right and the answer I got was "Why, do you need a light??" :(

There was nothing I could do but finish the braai and get to sleep as early as possible so that we could leave as soon as gates open the next morning. MIL was very supportive and by 5:30 the next morning she was up, dressed, packed and ready to go :dance: :dance: The plan was to drive straight to LSabie and only stop for special sightings, but little did I know how long it would take us to get there :shock:

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:45 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Thank you for the comments, Elsa, Dan, Chappies, DanieS and Wildtuinmal :D

Biyamiti to Olifants Camp

We had a very long drive and apart from "having to get to the shop" :redface: it was also a good thing to leave early as sisters in law, Jen and Ruth were going to meet us at Olifants later in the day. As we drove through the gate at Biyamiti at exactly 6am it suddenly got very dark and we watched how the mist was rolling in. 200 meters from the gate a gentleman and his wife was lying next to the road, they really looked like they had a very busy night mating :shock: Im not sure if it was due to the fact that I have not smoked for 10hrs or if the mist played a roll in this, but the only pic I got of them is this out of focus, blurry mess :shock: :shock:

As we left them the mist just got thicker by the minute and I could hardly see the road infront of or next to me. We travelled at less than 20km/h and the only thing I could think off was "what if I bump into an Elephant"?? :roll:

We eventually turned onto the S26 to get to the H5 as quickly as possible. Down in a dip where the mist was not so thick we found 2 Verreaux Eagle Owls, this one was the most accommodating

Im not going to name all the birds, as unfortunately I will only have my bird books back on Sunday, so rather to avoid embarrasment, let me just post pictures. :shock: A little further on this one sitting next to the road, it will also give you an idea of the mist.

2 Hyenas were running a little further into the bush, but it was almost impossible to see them or even attempt taking a picture.

We reached the tar road between Croc Bridge and LSabie at about 8am (2hrs of driving at snails pace) and I was very glad to reach this point, at least if an elephant appeared infront of me on the tar road I have more options of avoiding it :D

500m after turning onto the tar road, a few cars were stopped on the side of the road, the mist was still so thick that you could only see right next to the car..a man in a green pick up came driving towarrds us, asking if we saw it?? Now I must tell you, this man had a cigarrette in his hand, and my eyes were only focused on that, I hardly heard him saying "there was a leopard next to the road" :redface: :shock: I think he was a bit confused with me not commenting on that, but all i said was "Please can I have one cigarette :lol: Needless to say, I think by the time I enjoyed polluting myself and felt like looking for a leopard, it was long gone :)

Quick stop at LSabie and then on the H10 to Tsokwane, at the low water bridge a few Buffalo and "Martie" the guide from LSabie :D Nice seeing you again! They had the same problem with the thick mist and sightings were also few and far between. It was almost 9am and still lots of mist. This Immature Bateleur

and very light Giraffe enjoying the cool and misty air

As we started climbing the mountain just passed Muntshe turnoff, the mist cleared and the sun started coming through. I felt much better and I think MIL was relieved that I was now relaxed, had my fix and we could see where we were going :D

As RP did not want to look at me, I took this pic of his family :lol: :lol:

and just before Tsokwane............

We stopped at Tsokwane for a bite to eat and I had the most amazing toasted Bacon and Cheese sandwich as I asked for extra bacon and it seemed like they fried a whole packet just for me :D

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:02 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

September 8, 2011 continue:

MIL and I carried on from Tsokwane to Satara. It was a very hot day and as MIL have a lie down each afternoon I wanted to get to Olifants as quickly as possible. Mazithi dam was all quiet, 2 Saddlebilled storks on the opposite side of the dam and nothing else in sight.

I cannot drive past the turnoff to the Baobab tree and go there each and every time I pass it. I remember last year when all my friend who was going to meet me at Talamati sat there and watched a leopard lying in the shade of a car :shock:

As we came around the corner a beautiful but old male lion was lying in the shade of a small tree. He had absolutely no problem with the cars (although we were only 2) just standing next to him. Another lion :shock: 3 for the day :D I was glad it was so close as MIL has a little point and shoot camera and complains the animals are too far for her to take pictures :D :D I hope she got some good ones of this lion.

We did not stay long and I completely forgot to take a pic of the Baobab :?

I stopped a car to tell them about the lion and the man in turn told us that at the waterhole just 1km on the Sweni road is a pride of about 15 lying next to the road :D A quick detour and we found them....all fast asleep :? Now 18 lions for the day :shock: Just before Satara, a few meters down from the webcam, we came to see 2 more lions lying next to the road. We did not stop for them as the toilet was now really calling us very loudly :shock: (I later heard that they saw these 2 lions on the webcam that same evening. I was so happy that I was in Kruger and saw them in real life and not on a webcam :D

I drove to Olifants via the Balule road and on the low water bridge I found a new bird for me...A White breasted Cormorant :D I must mention that I was quite dissapointed with the number and variety of birds seen the last few days and was hoping that it would change :(

I booked the Lebombo guest house as I wanted to show MIL and Jen and Ruth the different accommodation available in Kruger. I think they still think Kruger is about caravaning :) and for them to compare that to My Bush House :D as Jen and Ruth did a lot of work by decorating and equiping the house

We arrived at about 2:30 and checking in was quick and very friendly :D Then we arrived at the house......For those who are thinking of staying there...please make sure you have a very strong and fit man with you :shock: From where you park the car it is about 10 steps down to the first 2 bedrooms on the left (very nicely decorated with own shower and toilet :D , but NO power plugs in the bedrooms :shock: Then to the right is another bedroom with a dressing room before you enter the bathroom. Then another 10 steps down before you arrive at another bedroom to the right and the kitchen/lounge/dining room. Beautiful lounge and dining room, but I was very dissapointed with the size of the kitchen if you think that the house can sleep 8 people :shock: The best must have been the braai area on the side of the house as its not very private in the front as the people from the viewing deck looks straight onto you :? (I apologize I have pictures of the house on my Blackberry, but have no idea how to get them on here) :redface:

I was glad that we would be using some of the meat, vegs, groceries etc that evening as I really did not have any energy left to cart all that stuff up the steps again the next morning...little did I know what was waiting when Jen and Ruth arrived with a car load full of food :shock: :shock: Did they really think I was not going to feed them :shock:

I wanted to make potatoes and onions in foil, but had left the tin foil in Marloth, so i asked MIL to go to the shop to get us some.....she usually walk up and down the corridors of the valley where she stays and sitting in the car all day is not good, so I had to make sure she gets a bit of exercise :) MIL called from the shop to tell me that they only have 1 roll of tinfoil in the shop and its 50meters at just over R250!! :shock: :evil: What, who in Kruger will buy thatt roll of tinfoil?? So we changed our menu and Jen made a very nice potato bake, mixed salad and I braaied the chops and wors :D It was great to sit around the fire with them and I appreciate them coming and hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.

Soon after we were all in bed as the next day we were driving to Skukuza :D

Hopefully the page will turn after this post and I will post the pictures :D

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:32 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

The male lion at the Baobab tree

The lions on the Sweni Road ...they were all over the place :D

And although far away, the White breasted comorant

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:34 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

September 9, 2011 - Olifants - Skukuza

MIL and I were ready to leave Olifants just before 7am. Ruth and Jen were very quiet and probably still sleeping :) Just after the turnoff from Olifants camp a few cars were parked on the side, it turned out that 2 lionesses, far away in the bush, were stalking some Impala's. We stayed a while, but nothing happened and continued. This female Ostrich was running next to the road to try and get to the male which was already on the other side of the road behind the trees.

And a "tusker", I think (will send the pic to Aat to find out) close to the Niyamarhi waterhole.

Close to Satara a Martial Eagle was sitting on the ground with something that it caught. Unfortunately the grass is so long and its difficult to see.

A quick stop at Satara for a toilet break and we continued onto Tsokwane where we arranged to meet at 11 for a bite to eat.

A kori bustard was strolling next to the road..

Just before Tsokwane, after the Baobab tree another one that looked like a very promising tusker (once again, will send to Aat)

Another very good meal at Tsokwane, where this time I had a Kudu wors roll :D I really like the friendly staff, clean facilities and setting of Satara, but really think that they should shoot those people that insist on feeding the monkeys and the birds :evil: :evil:

The rest of the way to Skukuza was very quiet, but I think it was due to the heat as we had another very hot day in Kruger :shock: (I think I mentioned to MIL that it was definately hotter than when she came to visit me in December 2009)

At Olifants drinkgat a few Nyala cows and a baby...and close to Skukuza 2 Nyala rams

As we arrived at Skukuza just after 2pm, the cue to check in was standing out the door :( but we had to wait our turn and I have booked the Waterkant guest cottaget to again see different accommodation available.

It was nice, big lawn infront of the cottage with a walkway at the bottom next to the river, small dining room, bedroom, kitchen infront with a toilet, shower and bath behind and then another bedroom on the right hand side. The only problem is that anyone and everyone is allowed to walk passed your accommadation, so you dont have much privacy sitting outside around the fire :(

Once again a very nice braai and a few cold ones and we were ready for bed to start the last day while MIL, Ruth and Jen were with me :(

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:26 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

OOps I overdid it...and the page turned! :D

Lets get to the last day with MIL and sisters in law in Kruger......(certainly not the last of this TR as I still have lots to report on my stay with VVSG and SO, click click and aunty Dot, and then the girls who came)

We left Skukuza early in the morning to drive the road down to LS and out at CB to go back to my bushhouse at Marloth where I have arranged to have a mini meet (it was still not confirmed) with a few YR ppl :D

I read during the week a thread on this forum about arrogant people and was surprised that I was not the only one to meet these "peeps"....come on ppl, Kruger is there to share with all......

We took the tar road (Eloff street) down to LSabie and agreed to meet at about 11am on the deck for brunch. Road very quiet until we got to a traffic jam about 5km from Nkuhlu.....I drove up to the car closest to me and the woman closed her window :evil: then the next car and I asked what they were watching....with a very snotty and stern reply she said "lions", I asked where, but she ignored me and also closed her window :evil: Geez ppl, Im not a stalker, just a normal person driving in Kruger and asking what you seeing?? :shock: We eventually saw them far away on the other side of the river bank....not a great sighting, but lions on the last day for MIL.....although she has seen her fill of lions and we did not stay long in the circus :D

I saw another 3 lions off into the bush but did not take any pics of them. In the meantime Jen and Ruth caught up with us and I felt comfortable that we will make brunch on the deck by 10, little did I know how interested they were in trees and the good thing is, they have marked, labbled, id all or most of the trees between LS and Skukuza which is so nice and Im sure it will get many more ppl interested in the identification of trees in Kruger.

MIL and I stopped at Sunset dam waiting for Ruth and Jen to arrive. There were a lot of birds and very comical herons landing on the backs of the hippos!

This family of Egyptian geese decided it was better to hide their faces or they might end up in jail for some crime commited if identified on this forum

This grumpy old man, and I dont know who offended him, it was definately not me :?

and the very comical herons, of which I will post more pics in my next 3 weeks in Kruger...

I had pie, chips and gravy on the deck of LS while the others ordered toasted sandwiches. When we paid I was given my plate with pie etc and walked to the table. 45 minutes later I took it back to the counter to say "how can I eat this while my friends are STILL wiating for their food"? It took another 15 odd minutes before 2 toasted cheese and a toasted cheese and tomatoe arrived and with that came my pie and gravy :evil: LS really need to get their act together as I dont think its acceptable to wait almost an hour for a toasted sandwich. And while on the subject of the deck and all other places in Kruger and the NO Alcohol ban at picnic sites and day visitors areas, just my 2 cents worth.

While waiting for our food to come we noticed many day visitors enjoying many beers and other beverages on the deck. Which we had a very disturbing proof of later on that its not the ppl going to make their breakfast at a picnic spot enjoying a beer or 2 that is causing the problems, but to me now the ones clilling on the decks, getting shloshed, and then getting vulgar. :evil: Also while walking back to the car we saw a family of about 12 ppl, that we have seen on the deck drinking walking with one of the camp trolleys with their charcoal and food towards the day visitors area. A new gateway for those not allowed to bring alcohol into the park. Sit on the deck, drink as much as you can and then go and braai your meat or whatever at the day visitors area :evil:

Enough of that, lets get back on the road and enjoy the sightings in Kruger! The only thing MIL have not seen to complete her big 5 holiday was the leopard, remember, I was more interested in that smoke than to look for it :redface:

Lots of Elephants wading and bathing in the river below and even a Rhino in between, until we got to 3 or 4 cars parked on the side of the road.......What?

Lying in the bush, barely noticable a Leopard :D Im still convinced that MIL could only see the spots, but it was a leopard and I felt great that she came with me again and at least got to see the spots :D

Jen and I waited a while and was rewarded with it getting up, not a good view, but se saw it....it was just before it got up that a car coming from LS at high speed and then slowed down a woman hanging out the window started shouting the most vulgar language to us. Accusing us all of ruining Kruger and blocking roads and taking sightings for ourselves etc etc.....I was shocked...4 cars on the side of the road, what the devil was she on about :evil: Maybe the deck did not agree with her at all :shock:

We left after we could not locate the leopard again, but Im convinced that its the Gomondwane leopard that all is seeing and I saw later on in this report :D

We wanted to get back to Marloth as MIL and Jen and Ruth were leaving early the next morning, but before we got there a very strange sighting.......in the lane of oncoming traffic a car was stopped.....just like that....but no one inside....as a natural Kruger person I asked Jen to stop to see what was going on...maybe the person collapsed inside???? We looked...no one inside, the car, food on the back seat and cooler boxes in the back....but no person :shock: I opened the door of the car and saw the keys were in the ignition.......I have no idea what happened....called LSabie and CBridge gates to report and they said they would send someone....I never got a call back to say what happened :(

We arrived at CBridge gate far too soon, but I was not sad as I knew I would be back in 2 days time for 14 days in Kruger :D

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:34 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Martie,
Hi to you :) :)
Long time ago we were drinking a nice beer in C Bridge...too long :lol: :lol:

Well, I was pointed to your two possible tuskers at page 11 of your TR.

I am pleased I can help you. The one close to Olifants is Xipembane (great to see him , last reported sighting was a year ago) the other one closer to Tshokwane is another named one , Kumana

If you find some time you are very welcome to send the pics (please include date and location again, so I don;t have to search too much... :? ) With filing the incoming pics it's easier for me have all info in the emails.

mail address is at my tusker site, but make it easy for you
tuskers@zeelandnet.nl

thanks ahead and now I am hear I enjoy your TR with beautiful pics :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:43 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

On with the report!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

MIL, Jen and Ruth left My Bush House just after 6am. Excuse was to see someone of at the airport in Jhb, but I think it was more to be in time to watch S.A play in the world cup :) :)

We had arranged a mini meet, but all was still hanging as VVSG and SO had to attend a wedding in Barberton, click click and aunty Dot were driving to Marloth via Kruger, and Vlakvarkvrou, Sekhmet and a Lady were just going to come by to meet.

By 2pm I got a call from VVSG and SO that they were on their way! Glad they came as VVV got lost and I think if it was not for VVSG she would not have found us as my sense of direction is non existent :redface: :redface: By 4:30 they arrived and shortly afterwards click click and aunty Dot :D

Before long the "just coming over to meet" turned into a real meet with lots of laughter, good food, a few cold ones, a nice fire etc.... and I thank you all for coming and I can now put more faces to names :D

The next day was spent sorting out food and buying more supplies for our next trip to Kruger the next morning!

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:53 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

September 13, 2011 - Marloth to Letaba

Wow, what a long drive for this day!! The accommodation was booked before, but I was not going to go as I would have had the Chappies with me...unfortunately, the Chappies could not come due to a back problem and I then decided to join click click and aunty Dot in Letaba. I had known that my very dear friends Norma and John (The Supervisor) was going to be there, but did not tell them that I was coming...A Big Surprise :D :D

click click decided to drive the S28 and I went straight up the tar road from CBridge and then turned onto the Gomondwane loop to join up with the S28. Sightings were very slow and apart from the usual this BBJ posed nicely

No time to stop at LSabie, so I continued on the H10 to Tsokwane where we arranged to meet up. Nothing to see....one of those days that you just relax and enjoy the sounds and smells of Kruger. I love being by myself with my own thoughts and really enjoyed the peace and quiet :D

At Tsokwane I got a very nice, very fresh sausage roll and saw this YR, but no one in sight....Really did not feel like walking up to the 30 odd groups of ppl to find out who it belonged to :P

So with my pie and my "coke" I left to go and sit at Mazithi dam to enjoy it!!

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:22 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Dan I saw quite a few strange, funny and unusual YR while in Kruger :o Some of them not even on the driver side mirror, but other places like aerials and bumpers :)

Hilda, thank you very much for the confirmation, pity I did not meet them. :(

So I left Tsokwane and arrived at Mazithi dam where a few elephants were grazing on the side, lots of Impala and some Zebra on the far side.

It was a hot day and the Elephants decided to come and cool down :D

First only one was rolling around in the water having a ball....

this one saw all the fun the other one was having and started running towards the water..

In the process tripping to get there :D

and before long 3 of them enjoying the cool water while I was sweating away in the car :shock:

On to Satara where I had a quick stop for the loo and also to replenish the coolerbox with ice as most of it melted by this time.

Just before the Olifants lookout (viewpoint) 3 cars stopped next to the road...Oh Man...Lions again!! Little did I know how many lions I was still going to see and what an amazing experience i was going to have :lol:

A few females, one with a colar and strange, only 1 cub between all of them! :shock:

I could hear the grumbling of a male somewhere, and like one they all sat up, looked around and walked off towards the river.

We arrived at Letaba where we had booked the EA3U huts which is to the right of the restaurant with a magnificent view over the river. In my opinion the best huts, for the price you pay in Kruger. Here you can expect to have ppl walking by your accommodation, but I dont mind as i knew what we were booking. The ablutions are right behind the huts, the only problem is the kitchen is quite a walk from there, especially in the morning when you have not showered yet and need a cup of tea to wake up :shock: Luckily my pajamas were Zebra print so I could have been mistaken for one that early in the morning :roll:

After unpacking it was time to go and surprise Norma and John. click click jumped into the slug with me and we went to the camping site, I knew exactly where to find them as they camp the same spot every year and this is where I have met them for the first time in May 2009 :D

On the way there we bumped into another YR, Hoyle and SO, nice meeting you although very quick as they were on their way to the doctor. Hope you both got better and enjoyed the rest of your trip :D

I pulled up next to "Jessie", the car of Norma and John as Norma was relaxing on her lounger and John was standing with a piece of fire lighter in his hand, ready to start the fire..........One look and they were speachless 8) :lol: I think the first thing John said to me was..."You have way too much make up on!!! First time they have ever seen me not being a bush woman anymore 8) :lol:

They came to join us for a braai and after lots of talking, laughting and good food we all went to bed very satisfied that we have met again!

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:27 pm 

Martie,

Lol.... the only nudies at the website are the animals... considered as pornographic in Quatar ???
Check the website URL's since I moved to another provider and websites have different URL's now
for the Tuskers
http://www.tuskersofafrica.com

for the wildlife one
http://awv-photography.com

Probably you will have no problems with these.
btw mail address
tuskers@zeelandnet.nl

A very special thank you to Aat for the ID of the elephants, so glad to know that they are actually known tuskers :D :D Aat I will email the pics to you, as I have mentioned before I cant access your website from Qatar (It still tells me that it contains pornographic media and is blocked) :cry: :evil: :evil: :rtm:[/quote]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next