Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: How do you renew the New Wild Card?
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:09 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Personally see no reason to renew on the anniversary of the card, will only renew when I require the card and will do this at the gate. If they want to give me a new number or a piece of paper as confirmation each time, makes no difference. There is no reward for having the card outside of actuall visiting the park and also no reason why a renewal over a new card should make a difference, both cost the same. If they cant renew at the gate, I will just purchase another one. You get benefits for purchasing the card, but no reward for loyalty (cheaper renewal or such)

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:27 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi, I've been away for a few weeks causing trouble in the UK. :whistle:

Did anyone ever answer question of why when I received my new Wild Card the number was different to the one issued when I renewed in December, which was in turn different to my original number?

Ast binman bin mam?
Lancashire dialect

Ready for the next Cricket Weekend!

New Year trip 2014-2015 booked.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:30 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Welcome back!

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:24 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi LindaS,

Please let me know when you get feedback from Wildcard about your on-line "renewal". That will be a pity if you must wait for another card.

I will try the gate renewal and if that does not work, just get a new card as RobertT suggested. The card just seems better to have if you also want to visit KZN so I hope my renewal will go smooth.

DavenJan,

I only had two numbers so far. The old Wildcard one and now the new Wildcard one. My renewal was one month before the new card was announced and because I never purchase the card on the new system I only received one new number. In your case it might be that one system was running in Dec when you purchased the card and then changed over to a new numbering system therefore the two numbers in one year. That's just a guess and only Wildcard can tell you the real reason. Maybe you get another number in Dec when you renew again. :whistle:

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:06 pm 
Any update on how one can renew your Wildard? :?
From LindaS’ post it seems the call centre just refers you to the website….the website still does not have a “renew” option….and as LindaS mentioned, if you use the "Buy wild card" option, you get a new number….and will thus will again have to wait for a new card…which will be soooo stupid consider I have just received my new “old” card. :roll: :wall: :?

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:12 pm 
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

The Renew option is being created. The techies are working on that, we have had to beta test the pages.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:26 pm 
Txs Duco…hope it goes live soon…. :pray:

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:51 pm 

A quick question on a wildcard renewal:

I got married a few months ago, and prior to this my wife and I each had individual cards. We both updated our details on the system and as far as I am aware, both got new numbers (I think...). Both of these have now expired, and we want to now get a couples card. In the purchase card section there is only a place to enter one of our wild card numbers. Is this correct, or am I making a mistake somewhere? As we will have one card from now on, would the other two fall away? I want to do this correctly to avoid any unneccessary admin going forward.

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Pat

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:18 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Try this address for some help Patto, Joep.stevens@sanparks.org I believe there is some IT work going on to fix the online system..

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:51 pm 

Hi all,

Well i have not received my card and it's due for renewal. What i want to know is can a friend of mine who will be visiting the park next month, renew it for me at Phabeni gate. I will give them my confermation letter and a copy of my id. I tried to do it online without success.

Thanks.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:50 am 

I have had an explanation from SANParks about the renewal process.
Operations Manager: Wild Card wrote:
We are in the process of deploying terminals that will assist in streamlining access to the parks for wildcard customers . These terminals will ensure better access control for Sanparks as well. The customers will get to the parks and will insert their new Wild Cards into the terminals whereby their wild card membership information will be downloaded and printed on a slip. Along with the terminals, the parks will have software and its applications that have been developed to better manage the database. This software will make it easier for staff at the parks to conduct purchases and renewals and immediately update customers’ details. The software will essentially manage all process relating to Wild Card with less red tape and therefore making it less frustrating for the customers.

Once the systems are in place the renewal process will be automatic, the client will renew his membership and the new information will automatically update on his plastic card when he inserts it into the terminal. There will be clear correlation between the plastic card number and any other numbers (at that stage it will be an application number).

We are planning to Go live with the new system very early next year and we will inform all our customers about that in due course. We are now thoroughly testing the system to ensure that there are no hiccups when we do go live.

The system should be able to identify a renewal and update accordingly, we are asking the customers to contact the call centre in order to manually link the renewed membership to their card because only the call centre has access to the software currently. This is to enable us to test and monitor the system in a controlled environment to ensure that it works well before we roll it out to the rest of the parks.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:03 pm 
And then you receive a card that has expired already :hmz: and then you start all over :whistle:

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:25 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

So can I take it that once this new system described above is up and running and assuming no hiccups, I will be able to get to Phalaborwa gate, buy a new Wildcard and present a REAL card at the gate immediately and not a confirmation letter? That would be great! Please say it will be so.
We bought a Wildcard in August but I can't be bothered with all the hoo ha to update details or whatever only to wait for months for a card, because the card/confirmation letter will expire 2 days after we arrive next August and we only do one trip a year.

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:28 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I renewed my card yesterday after a bit of a struggle, some phonecalls etc to figure out how.
As far as I understand the process you will only receive one card, but in future the renewal will download automatically onto that card when you put it into the machine at the gate.

They told me yesterday I could renew at the gate or online or call one of their regional offices to do it telephonically.
At this stage, after using one of these methods, you still have to call the call centre to manually link your renewal to your existing new card. This will hopefully not be necessary once they've deployed the system fully some time in the new year.

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:24 am 

Threedogs, where ever or however you buy a new card you will not receive it immediately. You will still have to use the confirmation letter.

However when you have your new card, with your name on it, you will be able to renew it in the parks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next