Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 3
 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Magic Guarri Eyes and tracks behind the bush Aug 2011
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:39 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Good afternoon everyone!
Yes, its time for me now to start a new TR :dance: :dance: :dance: I cannot believe that we will fly back to KNP in only :big_eyes: 7 days :dance: :dance: :dance:

I was thinking a long time about the header for our next TR. I found 2 and cannot decide :? :cry: so I put these two together into 1 :dance: :dance:

The next week will be very busy so thats why I am starting today with my TR. I was watching lots of TR the last days and couldn´t stop my tears! Its so wonderful to be back out in the bush even though its so cold there at the moment :wink: that doesn´t matter, I put lots of warm clothes into my bag :dance: Its also funny that we will start our trip with a meeting with Katja! We cannot meet in Germany so we have to meet in J´burg :tongue:

Our trip will start with
2 nights Pretoriuskop (first time)
2 nights Orpen (first time)
4 nights Berg en Dal
and the highlight for me :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :D
4 nights Biyamiti (first time)

Also my wish list is very long like always:

- cats, cats, cats cats
- Sables
- Roan
- Nyalas
- Honey Badger
- Caracal
- Pangolin
- of course the doggies :dance:
- Phython
- :hmz: and everything else :wink:

I will describe you my feelings with the following pics:

I am so sorry that I have to say goodbye soon :tongue:

I am happy like a little zebra foal jumping around :D

...and I will dream from moments like this for the rest of this Sunday :D

Hope you will enjoy our new KNP adventures which will start on the 10th of August! :D

Karin & Stefan

PLEASE NO HOTELS in KNP and PLEASE don´t change KNP into a Funpark!

KNP - Eyes and tracks behind the bush

Post subject: Re: Eyes and tracks behind the bush
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:26 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Good afternoon everyone!
Crested Val, Katydownunder, FC, Bushcraft, KDJ, Tobieo, hoyle, Elzet, anne-marie, Sparrow, Elsa, melph and Pumbaa - THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for your kind wishes and your feedback :D :thumbs_up:

@Flying Cheetah, for sure we will visit Transport this time!!! :dance: :wink:

@Bushcraft, looking forward to meet you at Tshokwane Picnic Place :thumbs_up:

The packing started today in the morning but there is still lots of work to do :? ...and time is running at the moment! The weather here is crazy again sunshine - strong rain - cold - hot.... so not really a nice bavarian summer!

With this pic now I have to say goodbye Image

We will travel to Stefs parents tomorrow because Little Satara will stay there while we will be in KNP.

...and on Sunday KNP we will come :dance: :dance: Image

Wish you all a wonderful time! Maybe I am able to post during the trip or I will send FC messages to post it!

See you soon again!

Goodbye for now!

Karin & Stefan

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:39 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Good morning everyone!
We arrived back safe in J´burg yesterday and are now waiting to go to the airport to fly back home! We had an awesome time at Kruger and if I would start my TR now - I would call it "A leopard and eagle trip in KNP" :D I have never seen soooo many leopards before :dance: :dance: and also so many different eagles! Especially the last one :wink:

BUT, we also saw some sad things we had to think about why SANPARKS is allowing this.... and as always there were lots of idiots on the roads and lots of littering all around in the park!

At the moment we are looking forward to see your little one again :dance: :dance:

...and than I will look through all my pics and will hopefully start with the first episode soon :D

It was also special for us to see Kruger this time of the year when everything is dry and dusty!

Wish you all a wonderful day and see you hopefully soon again here!

BTW we saw also looooots of YR :dance: :dance: :D and hat some wonderful meetings with some of them! But more about later......

Karin

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:23 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

The flight

It was a long Sunday till we drove to the airport in Frankfurt. I was not really happy to fly with the A380 - too many people and too big :big_eyes: but I have to say it was a very good and quiet flight! After we got our rental car we drove to Wolfie, our friend and picked up the rest of our bush stuff which is now really a lot :shock: Than we drove to our Guesthouse to relax a little bit and than we had our little forum meeting with Katja and her family! Two other forum mites joined us and we all had lots of fun. :hmz: I think the boys did their own "forum" meeting :D :tongue:

It was so great to meet you all guys and for sure I will never forget that meeting! :wink:

Two days later we had to pack the car and were on the road to KNP :dance: :dance:

Day 1

Usually we wanted to enter the park at Numbi Gate but we missed the R538 so we drove to Malelane Gate. I cannot write now about my feelings when we drove through the gate but I am sure you all know what I mean :D :wink: It was just AWESOME, WONDERFUL to be back here!

I was not unhappy about that because we were in time and could do our first drive to Pretoriuskop. Melman was also ready and looking forward to his big friends in KNP. Little Satara allowed Melman to come with us which was so cute when he gave Melman to me!

BUT, this drive was really a disappointment :? We saw NOTHING the first kilometers not even Impies :shock: Where are all these animales gone?

Okay, suddenly I said to Stefan - STOPP - there is something behind this bush :D and after that we saw our first animal and the only one till Afsaal :?

It was really strange for us to see the bush so empty and so quiet. Last year in May there were lots of Zebras, Giraffes and Impies all araound but this year there was nothing :shock: We stopped at Afsaal for a break and something to drink and my first walk was to the sighting board. The board was very colourful so they must be animals in KNP we just have to find them :dance: :dance: There were also lots of Wilddog Points on the board and we heard that there is a pack around Afsaal, so maybe we will be lucky the next days.

Than I wanted to say “Hello” to the Scops Owl but she was not in her tree. Maybe on holiday again?

But there were many grazy, cheeky little Hornbills to say “Hello” and showed us who is the boss from this picnic side :D There were also again lots of idiots which feed the birds… so same procedure as last year!

We continued with our drive to Pretoriuskop and after a while we saw some Impies and this beautiful Martial Eagle.

The grass near the road was very high and most of the area was burned so maybe all the animals moved into another area… :?

The arrivel at the reception was not good. I have never had such an unfriendly person in KNP at the reception before!! Our hut was close to the fence and on our way we saw lots of Impies in the camp area. So now we knew where all the Impies were :D :D We were so happy to have a hut close to the fence but the fence was not the fence close to the bush – it was the fence close to the staff area, and at night it was very loud :( And we didn´t hear any bush sounds!

We packed all our stuff into the hut and put the food into the fridge and enjoyed the view and the sounds around the camp. We had a big sausage tree close to our hut and its always amazing for me to see a tree like that! I don´t know if any animal eats this “sausages”?

After a few minutes we were on the road again and did our own Sunset Drive!

Continued soon…

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:10 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Day 1 - Sunset Drive

We drove towards the camp gate and we could see Impies everywhere. It was a very peaceful scene and I thought the Impies really enjoyed it to be inside the camp :)

There are some loops around Pretoriuskop - sorry I forgot my Map in our box in SA so I don´t know the road no. - and w took one of them just to do a little drive before Sunset.

The first and only animals we saw, was this little family :D

We were a little bit frustrated that we saw nothing else! No Impies, no birds, no Kudus - nothing! :?

But we had our first and beautiful Sunset :D :dance:

Back in camp we prepared everything for our first Braai in KNP for this trip. Another family arrived at the hut next to us with twins - 15 months old. Suddenly we missed our little one :?

It was a wonderful evening - the Impies were lying close to the huts and we were watching the stars. The noise from the staff village was not very nice so we went to bed early. We went to bed with different feelings I think. Happy to be back :D - and a little bit frustrated about our start here :? But it only can become better - and.....it became better :dance: :dance: :dance:

Continued soon with Day 2 - Lake Panic

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:38 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Day 2 – the first morning and Transport

We woke up at 6 with the typical sound of this Francolin which woke me up every day during my course for a Safari Field Guide! That time I hate this bird :evil: but now I love it! :wink: :D I suddenly know where I am when I hear this bird!

After few minutes and with a hot coffee we were sitting in the car again and on our way to Lake Panic. I was the driver this morning and decided to do some sand roads around Pretoruiskop. It was our first stay there so we also were a little bit curious about the area. …and I know it is also Sable area so I was also here in a mission to find these beautiful antelopes. :D

At first we drove to Shitlhave. It was very cloudy and a grey and cold morning :? and so Shitlhave was very quiet. A little hippo family was not happy that we disturbed their “family morning”.

There were no birds no antelopes nothing. We stayed there for a while and than continued with our drive.

After a few meters we meet this lady and her friends.

As I told you I bought a new toy for this trip and I started to make my first pics. The toy wasn´t working. :? I played a little bit, Stefan tried to find the mistake but we couldn´t get a clear Kudu pic. We continued with the drive – I was not very happy – and than suddenly a big grey ghost came out between the bushes :big_eyes: and than…..my toy was working :dance: :dance: :dance:

He was the first rhino we saw and the first Big 5 for this day. We also saw some ellies but they were far away in the bush so we only stopped to have a look. We have never been at Transport so this dam was our next stop. I was also very curious about this place because of the documentation “Battle in Kruger”. We heard that there is a hyaena den at Transport but we didn´t find them :? . Some cars were standing there and the people were enjoying the beautiful morning. I was looking around and found our first Fish Eagle, but too far away for pics. Some Hippos were there and Impies and Waterbucks came to the water to have a drink. It was a very peaceful moment…

…till the cheeky little HBs came to visit us!

I opened our Sandwich Box and we were sitting in our car, having a nice breakfast and enjoying the silence and atmosphere at Transport. Our windows were half closed and suddenly a cheeky little Hornbill was sitting on Stefans window, try to come in! We closed the windows but the HB didn´t move away! After a while, he was a little bit miffed, he jumped down and came to my side to watch if he can have something to eat! He saw that I won´t give him anything so he jumped to the next car!

Kruger won´t be Kruger without these cheeky birds!!! :D

Before we left Transport we saw another group of Waterbucks coming down for a drink!

Transport is really a place to stay for a while but we also saw, that lots of people used some places and dams as a puplic toilett!!! :evil: :evil: There were toilet paper everywhere which was not very nice!!!

From Transport we drove directly to Lake Panic!

To be continued soon…

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:09 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Good morning everyone!
Its time for a next episode :D :clap:

BS - thank you so much for your kind words :thumbs_up:

Day 2 - Lake Panic

From Transport we took the Waterhole Road - one of my favourite roads in KNP - to Lake Panic.

Suddenly I stopped the car beause of this beautiful Brown-hooded Kingfisher :D

Few minutes later we had our first ellie road block for about 30 minutes :wink:

The herd was very big and had lots of youngsters. They were everywhere and we enjoyed watching them as some of the little ones started to play in the middle of the road :D

Just before Lake Panic this boy said "hello" to us :D

We arrived at Lake Panic but the hide was full of people. It was a coming and going so we stayed there for a long time and enjoyed the silence ant the atmosphere at Lake Panic.

:hmz: Silence? NO, the Fish Eagles were calling all the time so it was very loud :D

The pic will tell the story :D

African Darter

White-breasted Cormorant

some lazy Hippos

Lake Panic with reflection

little Terrapin

Grey Heron in his nest

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:23 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

more Grey Herons :D

Giant Kingfisher busy looking for some fish

more Hippos

I am the most beautiful bird :D (Great Egret)

some stretching :D (Grey Heron)
(sorry, next time I will cut the grass :tongue: )

Another Great Egret

We really enjoyed the atmosphere at Lake Panic! Stefan has never been there before and he took some wonderful videos! I will post the videos at the end of the TR.

Lake Panic is a place you have to visit and you can also spend the whole day there! It´s not only a coming and going of all the people! :wink: :D

To be continued soon…

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:53 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Good afternoon everyone!
Thanks Bush Brat for the information! The Canon SX30 is really a nice one!

Day 2 - the way back home to camp

After Lake Panice we stopped for something to eat at Skukuza. :big_eyes: The camp was much more busy than last year. I like Skukuza but the people there are definitely too much for me :wink: It was sad to see that kids feed the birds with pommes - they also climbed up the trees to be closer to the birds :shock: :? I think Sanparks won´t ever stop that!

We left Skukuza and took the H11 to Phabeni hopefully to see some dogs.

The first I saw was one of the most beautiful KNP flowers! They belong to KNP like the Impis :D :dance:

Than I saw this Eagle and I started with my lesson to take pics of flying birds :shock: :? which is really not easy :wink:

Than we came to the bridge and had to stop again because there were some cars standing on the bridge. Suddelny I saw something moving and I said STOPP! – Whats that?

A huge monitor was crossing the bridge and PLOPP falling down to the riverbed and coming again to pose for some pics :D . :hmz: Maybe he was on a mission?

All the cars were gone and we continued with our drive. Few kilometers after the monitor we stopped again because of a group Impalas. Stefan asked me “didn´t you have enough Impala pics now?” But I said “No, I always can take lots of pics of Impalas because they are so beautiful!” :D :wink:

I am sorry we didn´t find the dogs :cry: but some monkeys...

...a lonely elephant bull...

...and a lonely squirrel :D

Than it was very quiet for a while and we enjoyed the beautiful landscape.

Suddenly just after Nyamundwa on the S1 there were some cars standing on the road. We became very excited and make the cameras ready :wink: . We asked the people in the first car “what are you looking for?” Than I heard the words from my KNP dreams “Oh, there is a leopard in the tree – just here” :dance: :dance:

"BUT, its difficult to see him!" WOW, the second day in park and our first LIT!!! It was really difficult to spot the cat all you could see were the spots! But therefore we saw a leopard :D

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:24 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

We turned left to the Shabeni Loop and had a quick stop at a beautiful waterhole!!! At once I fell in love with that waterhole and the area around. The scene around the waterhole was so peaceful and quiet.

Some rhinos were busy having a mud bath which was very funny to watch :D

Some hippos were also around but far away

A huge Waterbuck was on his way to the waterhole

The rest of the way to camp was again very quiet :? . The area was also burned which was not nice to see. It looked very fresh so we thought that all the animals were gone to another area. Only some zebras were crossing the road…

Back in camp we did a little walk around.

The pool in Pretoriuskop is inviting for a little swim :D

The poolarea is also good for smaller kids so maybe one day we will come back with our little one! :wink:

Everywhere around the pool I found beautiful flowers

Before we started with our last braai in Pretoriuskop some Impies were visiting us and some Guinefowls. It was a very peaceful atmosphere and the starry sky was amzing!

We left Pretoriuskop the next day to go to Orpen and with Orpen the real KNP adventure started! :dance: :dance: :dance:

To be continued with… more Leopards and….Big 5 yes? Or no? :D

Last edited by Magic Guarri on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:19 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

12/08/2011 - Drive from Pretoriuskop to Orpen

We woke up at 6:30 and packed all our stuff. Which was really a lot :wink: When all the kitchen stuff was in the car we made some coffee and enjoyed the silence and the atmosphere in the camp and around our Bungalow.

Also Malmen enjoyed the view and the coffee :D

When we were ready to go I heard some ominous noise :shock: :wink: The monkeys were looking for the bins ..... and they found a lot inside!

Also the Guineafowls were looking for something to eat :D

We stopped at Shitlhave again but there was nothing. Nothing? NO :naughty: a beautiful Fish Eagle was sitting in a tree with perfect light but sorry - a little bit far away :? :wink:

Suddenly he flew away and showed us a wonderful airshow. I tried to take some pics but it was not easy! :wink:

We continued our drive and were on the way to Transport again. Hopefully to see the Hyaenas this time. :pray: :pray:

On our way to Transport we came along a lonely Rhino and a group of Kudus. They disappeared so quickly so I only could take one pic of the bull.

We turned right on the S66 – will we see the Hyaenas?

To be continued soon…

Last edited by Magic Guarri on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:37 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

12/08/2011 - Drive from Pretoriuskop to Orpen

I got a message from Kamadejo where the Hyaena den exactly is. She told us after 800 m on the right side of the road. We drove slowly and drove and drove and than after 800 m we stopped. There was a tree on the right side but nothing… :?
As we wanted to drive to the dam I saw a movement. :big_eyes: A very fat Hyaena was standing below the tree – looking a little bit around :dance: :dance:

Sorry for the quality of the pics – the light was not the best! We were happy that we found the den although we only saw one Hyaena. She looked like that she had a good meal because of all the blood around the mouth. I think you will see that much better in our videos.

When the Hyaena was lying down we left her and drove to Transport. There we got a big surprise – there were nearly no animals around! :shock: :?

We came across the Granokop and stopped the car because of two ellie bulls. :slap: I realized it too late to take some good pics – I am sure they were two of the tuskers. We wanted to meet Bushcraft and his family so we didn´t stop for a long time and continued with our drive.

On one of the Koppies I saw this lonely Klippspringer:

After a while we came to the bridge near Skukuza. I was so concentrated to look around the bridge and not on the bridge that I nearly ignored this beautiful :big_eyes: Kingfisher! A pic like that was standing on my wish list! I was so excited and the bird was so patient with me :D :wink:

A few kilometers later we met this little family and stayed with them for a while. I love these birds – they are so beautiful!

Time was running and we continued our drive to Tshokwane to meet Bushcraft and family.

But another wonderful sighting stopped us :D

The second Big 5 for this day! We had a lonely Rhino outside Pretoriuskop so we “only” need ellies, Buffalos, Lions and the Leopard. But that’s not an easy job – or is it?
8)

To be continued soon...

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:18 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Good afternoon everyone!
Its time for another episode of Malmens adventures :dance: :D

But first - thank you all so much for your kind comments anne-marie, Tulagi, Puppy, FC, Katja, Sparrow, Flutterby, Bush Brat, Pumbaa and Melph!!

Drive from Pretoriuskop to Orpen

I got a message from Bushcraft, that they arrived at Tshokwane and will be there for breakfast. We still had a distance to drive but we were thinking to make it to Tshokwane in time. But that was a mistake.

After Skukuza we came to a bridge and a huge ellie herd was coming from the left side!

We were so fascinated to watch them that we nearly forgot to drive on to Tshokwane! Sorry Hayden :wink: :D :redface:

We also saw some zebras on the right side of the bridge and they all looked very nervous. We didn´t see any cats around so maybe they were not happy because of all the ellies.

After a while we continued with our drive but now it was really to late to go to Tshokwane in time. I was a little bit sad, because I was really looking forward to meet Bushcraft and his family. Suddenly we saw 2 cars coming towards us….and…YES with a YR :dance: :dance: :dance: !!! We all stopped our cars and there was Bushcraft and his family! But we only had some minutes to chat because other cars arrived. Bushcraft told us about two big male lions 10 kilometers from Tshokwane not far away from the road. But sorry Hayden – we missed them :cry: :cry: !! But, it was so great to meet you guys and hopefully we will have more time on our next meeting some day somewhere in the park! :D

We stopped at Tshokwane for breakfast but we didn´t enjoy this picnic place. Cheeky monkeys everywhere including cheeky hornbills and stupid tourists which were feeding them! We had to fight about our sandwiches which was not really funny. So we finished breakfast and were on the road again. But there were two Bushbucks – a male and a female which came also for breakfast to the picnic place till the monkey chased them away! :?

We did a little stop at Mazithi and could see this lonely croc there.

It was very quiet around the waterhole but suddenly we saw lots of vultures in the sky. :hmz: Maybe the lions – Bushcraft told us – had a kill or made a kill, we will never know!

Remember, we had 2 of the Big 5 that time!

We continued our drive to Orpen and did a little stop at Satara. Just before we arrived at Satara we saw another YR on the road and stopped the car. It was John n Poppy with SO and we had a little chat. They were not very lucky this time of their trip – same like us – but after that, WOW they had an amazing trip – same like us! :tongue: :D John it was great to meet you!!!!

John told us about a couple of lions near Nsemani, it was a mating couple and also Kamadejo told us about. So maybe we will be lucky :pray:

We stopped at Satara to visit the shop. Someone told us that the shop in Orpen is not the best. BUT, we thought the shop in Orpen was the best shop during this trip!!! Suddenly again I saw a YR!! WOW, we see more YR than some special animals like giraffes this trip, which is really funny. I went to car and had a quick chat to the people. Than we were on the road again and soon after few kilometers we came to Nsemani and…… :big_eyes: a traffic jam! YES, we found the lions!! But, they were lying down and too far away. But, we saw them and remember the third of the Big 5! :D :dance: :dance:

The drive to Orpen was very quite. We had a car in front of us and I think for them the road was to boring so they turned and drove back to Satara. Till they turned nearly everything showed their presence :D :wink: Giraffes, Impies, Zebras, Gnus and we had to laugh!

We checked in at Orpen and I asked for a morning drive the next day. Sorry, you were the only one and they won´t go out with only 2 people :cry: ! Our Bungalow was no. 5 and was stunning!! We were a little bit tiered and I was looking forward to stay the rest of the day in camp. But, after one hour Stef wanted to go out again.

What an excellent idea!! :dance: :dance:

To be continued with Big 5 yes or no?

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:12 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Good morning everyone!
Today I my holiday started - the usually one which we wanted to fly to SA on Saturday for another 2 weeks. But as you all know - we had to cancle it :?

Vlakvarkvrou, Katja, Bush Brat, Flutterby, Crested Barbet, Tulagi, John n Poppy, Melph, Sparrow and Rookie2009 - THANK you all so much for reading this TR and that you all enjoy our pics!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: That means a lot for me!

Katja - we already had 3 of the Big 5 when we drove out of the gate again. We only needed a Leopard and the Buffs 8)

12/08/2011 - Orpen Sunset Drive or let the Leopards come :dance: :dance: :dance:

Stefan was the driver and he said that he wanted to do the Rabelais Loop. A few kilometes out of the gate we saw a traffic jam. Oh no! We stopped and couldn´t see anything. So maybe a joke? No, for a joke there are too many cars around. Than a friendly guy told us “couln´t you see the leopard?” LEOPARD??? :big_eyes: Oh I love that word :dance: :dance: :tongue: The guy told us that the leopard just crossed the road and is now sitting there in the hig grass. Okay it was not easy to spot the leopard – BUT Leopard is Leopard! :dance: :dance:

Remember 4 of the Big 5 now :D

We continued with our drive because the leopard was not moving and maybe he will be there later again. After a while we met this little group.

It was very quiet again and we decided to look at the N´wamatsatsa waterhole. But we only saw same warthogs.

Back on the tar road we turned right to the S106. It was already a little bit late so we drove a little bit on that road and suddenly I saw a movement on the left. A rhino mom and her little one were having a mud bath but to far in the bush for good pics. We drove to the Rabelais waterhole but NOTHING! We stopped a car and they also told us that this road is very quiet. So we said okay – lets go back to camp. After 2 kilometers we saw 2 cars standing on the road. I suddenly had a feeling in my stomach! :wink: Stefan drove on and we stopped at the first car. “What are you looking for?” Stefan asekd the guy. And the answer was “Couldn´t you see the Leopard over there?” :dance: :dance: 8) Okay I had the wrong place :? but Stef could see the Beauty! And what a Beauty! The guy told us that the cat is on a mission, because he was crossing the road all the time. So we sat there and enjoyed the sighting and we all were waiting what the cat will do! And…..she was crossing the road again!

But a Sanpark Sunset Drive came and stopped and didn´t moved away so that only the people on the Sanpark Car could see the cat which was very frustrated for all of us!! :evil: I couldn´t believe that!!! But after a while he drove a little bit back and gave us a glimpse before the Leopard disappeared in the bush.

WOW – what a sighting. Stefan and I were so fascinated that we were not able to talk. We slowly drove back to the camp and enjoyed the beautiful Sunset!

What a day!!!

…but the day was not over! :wink:

Just before the gate I suddenly had to laugh and couldn´t stop! When we left the leopard we both said – all we need are some buffs now!

And can you believe it? Just at the gate there was a big herd of Buffalos standing and watching at us! It was looking like the wanted to say “Hello – here we are!” Than Stefan realized why I was laughing and he also had to laugh! He tried to make a viedo but the light was not good and its also not easy to make a good viedeo when you have to laugh! We said goodbye to the buffs and drove to our Bungalow!

The first day in KNP when we got all of the Big 5 on one day, but that won´t be the only Big 5 day for this trip! :dance:

Next episode soon with the Rocky Honey Badger Late Night Show :D

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:37 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Image Good afternoon everyone!
John n Poppy, Flutterby, Dan, Katja, FC, Bushcraft, Tulagi, Elsa, Pumbaa, melph, Bush Brat, KTF hooked, Rookie 2009, Touareg, Puppy and CB - thank you all so much for your kind reply!!! :clap: :clap:

Dan & Touareg - so great to have you also on board from our TR :dance: :clap:

Rocky Honey Badger Late Night Show

We arrived back at our Bungalow. Next door there was a couple from the UK preparing their braai. After a few minutes we talked to each other what they saw what we saw and we had lots of fun. It was nice to spend the beautiful evening with them walking to the waterhole and talking about the wildlife.

They went to bed very early but we sat outside and I was looking for the Honey Badger all the time. A few meters away there were some people playing cards. Suddenly I heard a BANG and the show began…

I saw some torches and took my camera and walked around. Another BANG and than I saw him –

walking in the typical HB style and he checked one bin after another. The people stopped playing cards and we all were watching the show. Than, the HB walked straight to the UK couple – BANG checked the bin

...and than tried to get into the bungalow :big_eyes: He was standing on his hind legs - The lady from UK was standing with big eyes :shock: inside wearing a nice dressing gown with flowers and was looking at us – looking at the HB and smiling all over the face. For a few seconds I didn´t really know to take a pic of the HB or a pic of the lady :wink: – the whole scene was funny! Than the HB came to our bungalow and BANG…he took the bag of the bin so quickly that we couldn´t do anything and run below our car.

I came a little bit closer maybe to catch the bag again and suddenly someone called – there is another HB!!! We couldn´t do anything and just watched the Show.

After a while he run away and we all could hear BANG……BANG…..BANG…

At least I have to say, that I have NEVER seen such a big Honey Badger before and we all were looking forward to the next show tomorrow – but this time we will put our bin on the table!

To be continued soon with another Big 5 day

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next