Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lower Sabie Rest Camp
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:34 am 

The BD2U units are great, don't change your booking. They are semi-detached so you are linked to your neighbour but so well built you will not hear a thing. Outside there's a wall which separates the stoep/braai area.

Post subject: Re: Lower Sabie Family Cottage
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:49 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Hi Storma

Do not have a picture for you (yet) but will be visiting kruger in 2 weeks and will take one for you then. Keep and eye on the accommodation pictures thread. I will post it there. :thumbs_up:

Enjoy your trip in December

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:24 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi there :D Storma

Just returned from LS - I went to the new Family Units to see for myself for future visits and I can tell you that they are GREAT :dance: :dance: . They are situated at the very end of the chalets with a view. They are very near to the fence and river in front. The view is super. :big_eyes: :big_eyes:

They have a nice and cozy semi-private patio with braai, inside a big living area with a complete kitchen with stove, double door fridze and even a microwave. From the living area two sliding doors lead to 2 identical rooms, each en-suite.

The decorations are very stylish - you will have a wonderful time. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:08 pm 

can anyone tell me where the FU4V family cottages are allocated in the camp? i see they must be perimeter but cant find them on the map

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:55 pm 

Alf,

They are brand new and the map hasn't been updated yet. They are at the opposite end from the restaurant, next to the Keartland guest house. They are renovated BG2U units.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:13 am 

Alf, just returned from lower sabie yesterday.

There are two of the 4 bed units, numbers 93 and 94, right next to the guesthouse. They upgraded 4 of the old bg2u bungalows to the new two bed units, very very nice view, small lapa area, nice kitchen, microwave etc ( will ad photos to accomodation thread)
They are currently renovating units 92, 91, 90, 89 ( right next door) to new bd2u units, the only old bg2u units left that side are 85, 86, 87, which they will apperently renovate later.

Hope it help.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:50 pm 

wbevents, thanks for the info on the FU4V family cottages. Are they suitable for two couples? Do the cottages have two seperate bedrooms and bathrooms?

We stayed at a BD3U unit last year and I wonder if two BD3U's (for 4 persons) are more spacious then the FUV4 cottage?

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:58 pm 

Perfect for two couples, much more space than the bd3u's,yes seperate on-suite rooms, i did post some pictures in the accomodation thread.Only draw back are the construction taking place next door, but if you are going out early and come back late it's not a problem, they are obviously behind on schedule as they were working on sunday and on the public holiday !

Post subject: Re: Lower Sabie Rest Camp Safari tents
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:43 pm 

Hi All
Does anyone have a view on which are the best LST2U safari tents insofar as location is concerned. We have reserved two for next year and would like adjacent sites. From the map it would appear that 16 and 17 are good?

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:58 pm 

Hi John,
Have you seen the view from number 27 ?
We were in #19 recently and although we loved it there :D , I think #20 had a slightly better view.
I actually think them all to be great !

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:27 pm 

hi storma,

over the long weekend in august, we stayed in one of the family cottages, unit 94, it was amazing, clean and very spacious, each room had its own bathroom, there was an outside area around the fire and a dining area inside the room.

enjoy :)

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first." -- Mark Twain

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:57 pm 

Hi Peeps,
Please forgive me if this question has been asked before, but I remember reading somewhere in the forums that the Safari Tents (LST2) are all beside the fence.
Can anyone confirm this?
I've had a look at the camp map, and they do look pretty close to the edge of camp.
Any assistance would, as always be greatly appreciated.
Kirsty

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:02 am 

Hi kirsty
I stayed at the tents in L/s this weekend ,the tents are very close to the fence, some closer than the rest.Some of the tents are along the fence at the river and the others by the tar road.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:26 pm 

Hi Kirsty & Rooikat

As far as I understand an LST2 tent is a tent not suitable for disabled people and without river view. Nr. 15 is one of the best if you booked this since it is at the fence on the western side of camp.

LST2Z are units without river view and suitable for disabled people. I'm not sure about the bust unit for this type

Only the units where there is a "U" in the code have river view. So LST2U will have river view but not suitable for the disabled. Nr. 27 is a very good option.

LST2ZU are suitable for the disabled and have river view. Here the best option is definitely nr. 21. If you can't get 21, 22 is also not bad. But it depends on the code / type of unit you booked.

SO if there is a "Z" in the code it is suitable for the disabled and a "U" is for river view.

We stayed in nr. 21 last Thursday and it was great. We wanted to have 27, but since we booked the last tent available it was an LST2UZ so there is only 3 or 4 units with this code and 21 was one of them. Under Lower Sabie's "Camp Home" site you can view a map of the camp. Sorry don't know how to create a link. (avialability, kruger national park, lower sabie, camp home, on the right side of screen map

Game viewing was excellent. We had 7 different lion sightings on the H4-1 in the 3 days and 2 on the H4-2. The H4-1 was by far the best road to drive. Sure it's because it's very dry currently and the Sabie river is one of very view water suppliers now.

Enjoy.

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:39 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

:) :) :) :)

so i am back in lower sabie for 7 nights staying at my "home from home" in the budget huts

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and was i happy to see that the disability ablutions have been "sorted out"

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

a hands free shower has been installed and the paper towel dispenser has been moved from behind

the shower seat to where the hand dryer used to be

well done sanparks and lower sabie

and thank you very much...........

it is now an absolute pleasure to shower that i want to do it 3 times a day

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next