Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: International Wild Card Help
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:14 pm 

Hi All,

We are coming to South Africa the end of August. We were there in 2007, and loved the national parks. We had a international couples wild card then.

We have read all the posts about the new wild card, and are a bit nervous, and had some questions.

We are visiting 19 parks, and staying in 33 different lodgings over 10 weeks.

1-It appears that we should buy the card before we arrive, and print out a confirmation letter. Is this correct?

2-Is a confirmation letter all that people need to access the parks?

3-Has anyone had an experience with the KZN parks? (Yes I know its a Sanparks forum, but Sanparks are selling the card)

4-If the card mails in a month, could we have it mailed to another park or at a post office for general delivery?

Sorry for all the questions. Our wild card will cost us R2,100, but the daily conservation fees add up to over R15,000. Which is really out of our budget.

Thanks for all your help.
Diane and George

Post subject: Re: International Wild Card Help
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:30 pm 
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Quote:
We are visiting 19 parks, and staying in 33 different lodgings over 10 weeks.

Sjoe! I'm :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just buy the card at the first park you check into. It will probably just be a tillslip, not plastic, but it is valid and proof of purchase.
Warning, in the form it asks for a phonenumber, use a cellphone number! When updating your details you'll have to enter a code which is sent by .... SMS!
I'm not sure which KZN parks the card is valid for, see this topic. Sarah will answer there when she has the answers.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:07 pm 

Yep, I'm jealous too.

Which park will you be entering first? The reason I ask is that there are certain Table Mountain entrances were the WC can't be bought and you will need to purchase it before hand. Any other park you should have no problem with.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:09 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear All,

Yes, it is possible to buy Wild Card membership at all parks (except in Table Mountain) upon arrival but I strongly recommend that you buy your membership online as you then provide your details once only and that finalises the transaction, while if you buy at the park, you still need to go online later and capture your details. Wild Cards are despatched from one central station only and nowhere can you buy membership and get the actual card immediately. When buying at the parks (and online) you are issued with a temporary Wild Card number which can be used to access the relevant parks until such time as your Wild Card has bee received by you - postal by registered mail. Please forward any queries in this regard to joep.stevens@sanparks.org

Kind regards.

JOEP

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:13 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Good to know, Joep. :thumbs_up:

The SMS part always worried me, so for me buying online seems like the easier way to go.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]