Luislang's Addo Trip Report : April '06

Tell us about your breathtaking experiences in the parks

Moderator: hilda

luislang
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Luislang's Addo Trip Report : April '06

Unread postby luislang » Thu May 11, 2006 9:05 pm

We arrived on Friday morning, drove around a bit, went back to reception to ask if we could put our meat in the freezer & they said sure. When we got to our cottage the place had already been cleaned so we moved in. 12.30 - no problem.

Wheather: Beautiful days. Rained on Saturday night, Sunday afternoon (started at about 16:00) & Monday. Rest of the time- great wheather.

Animals seen: Red Hartebeest, Eland, Kudu, Buff (loooots of them) Ellies,(about 100 - 150 at Hapoor on Saturday) Jackal (was very excited to see a pair, always just seen one at a time) & a mouse. Still no Rhino or Lion. Only a fresh lion spoor.

Birds: Saw 27 different species. Nearly jumped out of the car on 2 occations when we came across a pair of Stanley's Bustard & a pair of Black Sparrow Hawk. Never seen them in Addo. Also saw a pair of SA Shelduck. They are so beautiful.

Accommodation: We stayed in one of the cottages. no 42. It has a beautifull view. Can sit on the stoep & whatch animals with the binocs all day.

Then black Sunday broke when the HR's found Nala trapped in yet another spring trap. Both SO & I still find it hard to imagine us being there & not knowing that there she was busy chewing of her foot to get out of this vicious, vicous trap. When I think of this, my only wish is to put these bastards in one of those! (Admin no use warning me. I'll call them that untill I die) That farmer included!!!!!!!

Had a very enjoyable stay!
The golden rule of life - Do unto others as you want done unto yourself

NightOwl
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby NightOwl » Fri May 19, 2006 9:56 am

Just a correction to your post Luislang.
The HR's did not find her in the trap, it was actually the park rangers.
I was on duty that weekend, but did not get to see her :cry:

Return to “Travel Tales”