Skip to Content

Lower Sabie Rest Camp

Discuss the different camps and roads of the Kruger National Park
Dikkes

Re: Lower Sabie Rest Camp

Unread postby Dikkes » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me which no's BD3 bungalows are. I cannot find them on the camp map.

Thanks.

wbevents

Unread postby wbevents » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 am

From number 3 till around 22 , best one's from around 9 onwards!
July and August 2015 booked !!!

LindaS

Unread postby LindaS » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:30 am

Hi Dikkies,

The BD3 and BD3Z units are numbers 31 and 32.

The units wbevents mentioned, 3 to 22, are the BD3U units.

Linda
A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks

saraf

Unread postby saraf » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:47 pm

We stayed in one a couple of years ago, thought we'd died and gone to heaven, they are fantastic. I think there is a post further up the thread with the numbers but they start at 3. However the higher number the better as 3 - 5 are right next to the path to the restaurant/reception area

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

ruud

Unread postby ruud » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:54 pm

Raasblaar wrote:Has anyone stayed in the BD3U units? I assume it is the upgraded ones with a kitchenette. Looked lovely from the outside ( we stayed in the safari tents on our last visit)

Any ideas on which one would be nicer ;) Or just the numbers on the map to make a request?

Thanx in advance.

The BD3U as well as the BD2U are realy very nice bungalows to stay in. They all have a riverview. :cam:
And 3 is indeed right next to the restaurant so it can be a little noisy. :hmz:

Ruud.

DuQues
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Re: Lower Sabie Camp Sizes - did we make the right choice?

Unread postby DuQues » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:33 am

I'm not sure about the size of the camping spots, but this post should tell you all.

Game wise it is possibly the best camp in the whole of Kruger.
Arriving currently: The photos from our trip! Overhere! :yaya:

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

DinkyBird

Unread postby DinkyBird » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi Switchback

I am in Lower Sabie right now and took a stroll over to the campsite and took some pics for you to get an idea of campsite size. You will have no problem pitching a 6 man tent even on the smaller campsites.

I agree with DQ, that this is the best game viewing area in the park. But with that comes more humans.

Over the last two weeks we have travelled down from Punda to here. Game viewing was good at Satara, and is best here.

What time of the year are you planning to come? It is extremely hot here at the moment and the park still very green and lush after the good rains. This of course means less humans around.

And just to give some Kruger feeling to everyone:

Sawubona
Dalene

G@mespotter
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby G@mespotter » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:12 am

Having stayed at both, I would still prefer Lower Sabie camping over Croc Bridge...... The sites at Lower Sabie are small, but once you have accepted that I think it's a little bit better than Croc Bridge. Croc-Bridge is also squased into a small little corner....Not the best either :lol: It's a beautyful little camp, however the nearby Petrol station doesn't do it for me, much and much too noisy.

Not complaining, just pointing out the diff's there. Roads leading from both camps are very good, however Lower Sabie just has the better location here, you have a wide variety of roads to choose from, and still have the feeling of being in the middle of a wildlife area, Croc Bridge being the 'border' case :whistle:

IMHO too many humans around, but from Lower Sabie you have the salitjie, s21, s29 Mlondozi Road etc which are a little bit more quiet.

Both camps vehicles driving up and down till quite late, but I if you want to have chance of such stunning sightings around, you'll have to compromise. Tzendze is more my vibe :thumbs_up:
Tambotie 20 July, Shipandane Birdhide 21 July, Mphongolo Backpack Trail 22 -25 July, Tzendze 26 July, and Greater Limpopo National Park 27 -29 July :D

Perks.
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Perks. » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Herman1170 wrote:Advice please! I've booked a hut, BG2, for later this year. Any recommendations on which hut has a nice view?

There are two lots of BG2s...

1. On the northern side of the lawn, directly across from the 'cinema', 14 units. They are tucked away from the river, so getting one with a view is unlikely. However, 23-24 or 71-72 will leave you with a short walk to a bench overlooking the river.
2. Adjacent to the game drive parking, there are four units. Our most recent trip we were booked into the EH2Vs right next door, but got upgraded due to refurbishment about to commence on the EH2Vs.
Last trip: New Years in Skuks and Satara
Next: ....................................................

JenniB

Unread postby JenniB » Tue May 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Which has the bigger stoep area - BD2U or BD3U? We are 2 couples and need to book 2 units, but will be eating together so need enough space for 4 to sit together for meals. I would appreciate any advice - thanks

saraf

Unread postby saraf » Tue May 10, 2011 4:37 pm

BD3U without a doubt. They also have an enclosed kitchen area with dining table and chairs in addition to the outdoor table and chairs, so no need to lug chairs around either
The GREAT 2015 Online Auction is here. Get your bids in soon, it won't be around for ever.

Safarigirl
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Safarigirl » Mon May 16, 2011 7:31 pm

We`re (hubby and me) thinking about booking either a BD2U or a BD3U bungalow for a few days at Lower Sabie for beginning of next year. They are both available on the dates we want, same price (R10 difference), similar description on the webpage. The way I understand this, they are all in "two`s", renovated and all also have riverviews, is that correct?

Are kitchen utensils, such as cooking and frying pans, cuttlery etc provided?

So, what`s the difference? Which ones are nicer - BD2U or BD3U - and which would you choose?

Safarigirl

saraf

Unread postby saraf » Tue May 17, 2011 10:52 am

BD3U everytime. They are bigger and have an enclosed kitchen.

Kitchen consists of a couple of hotplates, pots (not sure about the frying pan), plates, cutlery and the fridge. Oh and that's where they have put the third bed. They have all been renovated and are very, very nice. There's a table in the litchen and also an table outside on the patio so plenty of room to sit.

In the BD2U's the fridge is either in a locked cabinet outside or in the bedroom, which is a nuisance. Book quickly as they are very popular.
The GREAT 2015 Online Auction is here. Get your bids in soon, it won't be around for ever.

Wildtom

Re: Lower Sabie Rest Camp Family Cottage FU4V

Unread postby Wildtom » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:32 pm

This FU4V cottages are located next to Keartland house and opposite the swimming pool and is perimeter.It has two bedrooms with 2 beds each and brand new.

saraf

Re: Lower Sabie Rest Camp Family Cottage FU4V

Unread postby saraf » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:20 pm

We stayed in the unit next to these when we were there in Jan. They were almost finished and I couldn't resist peeking through the fence. They look stunning.

They are facing the river at the opposite end of the camp from the restaurant and thus are in a really quiet location, with few passers by. The swimming pool is around the corner too, if it gets too hot.

Having stayed in renovated units previously I would expect you to be fairly comfortable.

Return to “KNP Camps & Roads”