Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: JohnGore-Our first trip to KTP-April 2011
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:34 pm 

Countdown has begun! Just a week left and we will be going to Kgalagadi for the first time. Have heard so much about it, and enjoyed the pics, so really excited about this trip!

Will be at Twee Rivieren for the first night, and attending the Captured Experiences Banquet on the Auob river bed. Staying at Twee Rivieren that night.

The Nossob for 1 night, with night game drive, and morning walk.

Then back to Twee Rivieren for 2 nights. Then Mata-Mata for 2 nights. Then back to Twee Rivieren for last night, then the long drive back to Pta and the rat race.

Anyone have any advice for us? Going in a car, so we are limited to the main roads. Any good spot we should keep a special eye out for?

Thanks in advance. John

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Post subject: Re: Our first trip to KTP
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 pm 

Just arrived at Molopo Lodge, left Pretoria at 6am this morning. Road was in okay condition, perfect in places, except for the tons of stop-go points for road works! I have tagged all of them on my gps, and will try share the locations shortly. There was about 30 separate stop-go points along the route! Slowed progress by about 2 hours in the end, so I would recommend that you factor than in for your trip Tobieo.

Going to crash early tonight, it's been a long, non stop drive, I need some shut eye badly. Will try update tomorrow, signal dependent.

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:01 am 

Bad start to the morning! :( My car alarm remote stopped working, and manually opening the doors set the alarm off of course! So there I was trying to make a plan while the car alarm was screaming loudly for 15min (felt like hours!). Fixed it by hot-wiring 4 aaa batteries to the remote, which worked surprisingly! :)

Heading into the park shortly. :)

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:23 am 

Hi all. Sorry for the long silence, mobile Internet was not working for me in TR on Mon or Tues when we were in TR, and all the other days we were in Nossob and Mata Mata with no Cellphone signal at all (as you know). It was great!

Will be leaving TR today, packing the car now, for the long drive back to Pretoria.

Had a lot of nice sightings and experiences in Kgalagadi, and will definitely be coming back!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]