[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Counter poaching action feedback
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:47 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Received:

JUNGLE JUNKIE - R 500.00 :thumbs_up: :clap:

Want to know more about the SANParks Honorary Rangers? Visit www.sanparkshr.org

One positive deed is worth more than a thousand critical words.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:03 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Imberbe . I sent a small amount through that account for MMs walk what happens to that as I believe it was for antipoaching
About foreign folks paying in apparantly they can .I get paid deposits through from overseas ..the last one was from Germany and another Australia and they arrived safely Okay you do loose a little on admin . You need a swift number which the general one is SBZAZAJJ. I have a STandard Bank account that is paid into .
Maybe that will help .

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:05 pm 

Hi.

Yes, MM has mentioned that her walk if for anti-poaching. This has not yet been included. We will just confirm how this is to be managed and get back to you.

Thanks for the info! :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:07 am 

Hi Imberbe/All

Ok my idea...start using the power of the Internet and social media..

1. Set up a Facebook group (if this has not yet been done). On this group you can post updates, stories, stats etc, as well as details of how people can contribute. I will help you do this, as I am in the industry. Every forumite with an FB account then invites all of their friends to joint he group. The growth is viral. The group should be impactful and appeal to everybody who has enjoyed this national treasure to hep protect it.

2. Twitter. Set up a twitter account...give 10 or 12 active forumites access to the account and we get as many followers as possible, tweet about poaching incidents as and when they occur, and tweet about the activities of the APU.

3. Radio: Mail radio stations countrywide and see if you can get some exposure for your initiative...the poaching thing has been mainstream news lately and I'm sure one of the shows/DJ's will be willing to give it some airtime? I'm thinking along the lines of Highveld and 5FM...I do have one or two contacts and will try to get more info!

Feel free to mail me if this interests you - jc@singularitydesign.co.za

Regards
JC

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:24 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Birder of the Year (2013)
Here is proofthat in contradiction to the believe of some moderators and the VHR's stance, created by some moderators; that SANP do support the bigger picture when it comes to Rhino poaching world wide.

Quote:
The resolution was endorsed by the following representatives of organisations who attended the summit.

South African National Parks, The Hawks, South African Police Service, Identipet/ID Africa, Space for Elephants Foundation, 50:50, NSPCA Wildlife Unit, Spots, Wildlife ID, Phasa, African Outfitter, Wessa/Taylor Environmental, Entabeni LGSR, Legend Lodges, WESSA, GRAA, Private Rhino Owners Association, Vaalkop NR, Endangered Wildlife Trust, SANParks hon rangers, Mission Rhino, Mango Groove, Crimeline, Shout, EBlockwatch, Maquba Ntombela Found, CAA, StopRhinoPoaching.com, Yellowwood, Grey SA, Wildlife Ranching SA, Wildlife Group/SAVA, South African Veterinary Association, Department of Environmental Affairs, Conserv Security, Aquavision, Working Wild

WWF kicks of a Rhino poaching summit today in Sandton.

Follow me as I bird on Twitter @wildtuinman

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:25 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
I don't understand why everything on this forum always have to be about money and funds and donations!!

Nobody force feeds you to donate anything to http://www.stoprhinopoaching.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. You can donate to where ever you want to if you do choose to donate anything.

What about the FAR MORE IMPORTANT MATTERS!!!???

Quote:
1. REPORT any low level aircraft activity, or anyone you suspect may be involved in a rhino poaching syndicate.
2. SIGN UP – add your name to our list of supporters.
3. SUPPORT by creating awareness wherever you see an opportunity or contact us if you have any ideas for a strategic partnership within the objectives of this site.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:23 am 

Of course SANParks support the bigger picture of rhino poaching and are doing everything in their power to fight the war against poaching! No one has said otherwise.

All the mods are doing are enforcing the rules of these forums - see rule # 4. It is in SANParks' interest that that rule is enforced on these forums because if it is not it can lead to people with ill intent also coming along and advertising their 'stop poaching collection fund' and who knows where the money will end up. All the mods are doing is protecting this forum from being misused.

WTM - you feel so strongly about this cause; we have an anti poaching fundraising drive on right now under the Online Auction in Wild Projects ... why not put your energies behind that :wink:

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:04 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

wildtuinman wrote:

What about the FAR MORE IMPORTANT MATTERS!!!???

You are talking my kind of language. The important part for me is the drive to stop poaching. Whether a rhino is poached in Kruger, Hluhluwe or Pieties game farm is not the important part but the fact that we as a nation and as part of a global village have lost another rhino is. When the rhino is declared extinct every one loses you, me and even the little guy that cant get it up.

I have decided to put my energy toward the HR anti poaching drive for the simple reason that it is a nation wide effort and I am sure that all funds will go to anti poaching and not shrink due to "handling expenses", These folks have day jobs and do not need our donations to pay for flashy cars :twisted:

WTM an invitation was extended by DB to join our campaign in anti poaching well I am not inviting you I am challenging you, we can use all the support and energy we can get

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:21 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Dear Sparks and Richprins elsewhere,

I have not donated a cent to the cause, as yet. Who knows, perhaps I won't at all. But I have already added my name on www.stoprhinopoaching.com as a supporter and listed myself as approachable by the media. Furthermore I have begun to advertise www.stoprhinopoaching.com as far as I can to make 44 million people in this country aware of what we as citizens of this country can do to put this senseless slaughter to stop!

www.stoprhinopoaching.com have taught me that I can play a massive role in the anti poaching excercise by merely be aware of what is going on around me, especially during my birding ventures all over the country. As to date I have seen and photographed a suspicious blue helicopter flying low over Rietvlei dam nature reserve in Pretoria where rhino were poached a good number of months ago. I am in the process of passing the photo through to authorities.

On Sunday the 29th of August, I noticed a single circling Cape Vulture in Borakalalo National Park in the North West Province. For those who followed the latest news you would have read that Rhino were poached in a reserve in North West just on Saturday. Was it in Bora? Well who knows. But I did what I had to do and report the Vulture sighting to the authorities. I was told that the Cape Vulture was around for at least a week now feeding from a poached rhino carcass.

Now who would've thought to take Vulture sightings as clues pointing to possible rhino poaching? Who would've thought about photographing helicopters ? Had it not been for www.stoprhinopoaching.com I would blatantly remain unaware of this.

I have nothing against the HR's and SANP. I have had many good years with both parties. It is the political motives of some moderators on this forum I have issues with. As for now I will my continue to throw my weight and energy into keeping vigilance in places where I regularly bird where rhinos are present. Places not SANP related but with the exact same problem, if not bigger, of rhino loss due to poaching.

Regards
W™

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:43 pm 

Wildtuinman, I have no problem with you supporting anti-poaching activities, that is great! And I have no problem with many different organizations working together, that is even better, and yes, SANParks are taking the lead in that, and the HRs are also involved. That was in fact pointed out long before you mentioned that.

My problem is the attitude with which you are coming in to this situation at the moment. You are being highly unfair towards the Mods an you are using this platform to push your own agenda, spamming all over the show. They are enforcing the rules of the Forum, that is why we have them and that is what they should do. If you want to use the Forums you should do it within the rules, or not use it at all.

We are here to make a positive difference, and we have created ways to do that. There is no time and I am not going to spend any further energy or time on having a fight regarding different opinions. I would rather have us concentrating on getting solutions.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:47 pm 

Can anyone help here?

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:31 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Imberbe wrote:
My problem is...

Your real problem is tough to spell, pal.

Imberbe wrote:
You are being highly unfair towards the Mods an you are using this platform to push your own agenda, spamming all over the show. They are enforcing the rules of the Forum, that is why we have them and that is what they should do. If you want to use the Forums you should do it within the rules, or not use it at all.

Imberbe. I have no want or inclination to use your forums and the reason for that is made AGAIN very obvious here by the military ways of some of the mods.

Spamming? I posted in all the relative poaching and rhino topics. You wanna see spam? PM me. :wink:

You are referring to see rule # 4. The link I posted mentions both SANP and their HR's. Does that NOT make it very relevant to these forums then?

1. Do yourself a favor and go look under the history link: Was Custos not a SANP initiative?

Quote:
The resolution was endorsed by the following representatives of organisations who attended the summit.

South African National Parks, The Hawks, South African Police Service, Identipet/ID Africa, Space for Elephants Foundation, 50:50, NSPCA Wildlife Unit, Spots, Wildlife ID, Phasa, African Outfitter, Wessa/Taylor Environmental, Entabeni LGSR, Legend Lodges, WESSA, GRAA, Private Rhino Owners Association, Vaalkop NR, Endangered Wildlife Trust, SANParks hon rangers, Mission Rhino, Mango Groove, Crimeline, Shout, EBlockwatch, Maquba Ntombela Found, CAA, StopRhinoPoaching.com, Yellowwood, Grey SA, Wildlife Ranching SA, Wildlife Group/SAVA, South African Veterinary Association, Department of Environmental Affairs, Conserv Security, Aquavision, Working Wild

I have no OWN agenda I want to push here. There is only one agenda to discuss and that is the poaching of rhinos. I am not gonna or want to fight you and your moderator team, Imberbe. My fight is with the NATIONAL PROBLEM OF RHINO POACHING.

I know I reached my goal to advertise and spread the word here on SANP's forums to some very influential people. And before I go I just want to thank everyone who took the time to look at www.stoprhinopoaching.com from a national crisis and not just a sole SANP perspective.

Regards

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:48 pm 

A new initiative by the Pretoria HR region.

Fight poaching and invest in the kids ... the future of nature conservation in our country.
:thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:48 am 

Guys, we are all on the same side here, please don't fall out, it won't help the rhinos.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:03 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Just read this on SANParks FB page- a comment by Kevin :big_eyes:

"Lephalale poachers released on bail of R10 000, poachers arrested at Ferro land game reserve, in the act of poaching a rhino, and linked to 8 other cases of rhino poaching, in limpopo are released from custody, is south african justice system working for or against, wildlife organizations,please copy this to your local mp or the minister of enviromential affairs." Kevin Bewick

To vote for your FAVOURITE WEBCAM SIGHTING go HERE

My Trip to Marakele National Park- Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next