Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 1443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97  Next
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:06 am 

We give rats a home :), we got six at the moment.. because they only life about 1 to 2, max. 3 years, it chances quite often :cry:
we always get rats which nobody else wanted anymore (through the swiss ratsclub) so often they are already old wenn we get them, but at least this way they get a nice place to spend the rest of their life.. here are some fotos:

yumi with a snowball :):
yumi kissing kermit :):
Yasu sleeping:
lovely miyako:
i hope you are not shocked now :wink:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:09 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi all petlovers.
have never post a pic of my pet.

@Tokee:
I'm not shocked, but my pet is.

this is Lox, a gentile, funny and playfull character.
he is just so qute!
he's just like a dog, throw a stick and he'll chase after it to bring it back to you.
havnt seen him doing that in a while though.

Well, as you understan I dont have a pet. But just want to say that you all have cool pets.
as a small boy I used to have those huge african snails as a pet. I kept tham in a rabbit cage, but one day a boomslang came in and eat tham all. When going back he got stuck in the mazes of the ........ the........(gaas, kippengaas) and died.
my little brother thougth it was a croc so went in and jelled that there was a croc in the garden.
my dad took its gun to find the snake stuck in the rabbit cage.
he took a shot to kill it, but didnt move. after a second shot he came closer to find the (allready) dead boomslang.
that was the end of my snails. :cry:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:37 pm 

Buffy, 15 years old and still going strong.

Fuji, A pavement special that adopted us two years ago.

Snowy, our 9 month old baby.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:09 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

My home is like rent a pet crowd. After my maltese Cheeky, mysteriously disappeared, a black & white cat named Missy magically appeared.

We welcomed her with open arms and she soon blessed our family with a litter of 5 kittens. Then we realised that she was not a Miss but indeed a Mrs. We kept two - both boys, and found good homes for the other three. The boys, Feather (because he is fluffy and light) and Panther (because he is pitch black, big & solid with golden eyes) are an enless source of joy and entertainment both to Missy and myself.

Then arrived Mr Chips, a scrawny little stray who liked to sneak into my wardrobe and sleep on top of my jerseys. Missy and the gang accepted this little intruder and our family was expanded yet again. The Chipster was passed on to may daughter where they lived happily together in her townhouse.

My daughter then came home one day to find a tiny little flea riddled tabby sitting forlornly in her kitchen. Nothing that a good dip and lots of love could not fix! We called her Rascal.

When my daughter moved to a complex where no pets were allowed, Mr Chips and Rascal took up residence with me. We are now one BIG happy family.

Oh yes, then there is Meneertjie! Also a stray. He comes in when he thinks I am asleep, and wolves down my cat's food. He thinks I don't know that he sleeps behind my bed!

But that's OK with me! As long as he is safe and fed, I am happy......

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:29 am 

hi @all
i have a 14 year old cat and i hope she will live some more time.
Sorry toddelelfe - i'm also afraid of the moment my cat......
bb
syde

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:04 pm 

My wife and i have the following pets...........
1 Staffie called Bella. 1 year old
1 Labrador Retriever cross called Jude . 1.2 years old
1 Russian dwarf hamster called Eva. 1.6 years old
And finally 1 homosapien, female called Amber-Lea. 7 weeks old :lol:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:13 pm 

I have a four years old Golden retriever called Swakop, and a cute 2 years old donkey called Kalahari. Also plenty wild boars, foxes…roaming in the wild around my house...

South Africa again in November 2012. A week in the Kruger and more...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:41 pm 

We've got 2 Cocker Spaniels, Angel & Blade. They are spoilt rotten. They sleep on the bed and get away with anything! We treat them more like children then dogs.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:53 am 

saraf wrote:
papop wrote:
... a cute 2 years old donkey called Kalahari.

How unusual. Is there a story behind this?

Sorry, I did not know there was a question for me !
The story is: A donkey was a dream for me as long as I can remember…For my 40th birthday I have had the surprise to discover a 5 month old donkey in the garden! It was my husband’s present. And the dream became a reality! As my love for Africa and especially Kalahari is so strong I called her like that.
Here is a shot of Kalahari & Swakop

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:36 pm 

CurtisDillon wrote:
Kalahari and Swakop really look happy. Very nice picture papop! :lol: How old is Kalahari in this picture?

On the picture she was 7 months old. Now she is 2 years and 300 kilos! She is a Provence's donkey, a very old breed adapted to live and work in hot and dry places as Provence is.(not as dry as Kalahari!)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:45 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
mmm last breeding partner... ET :wink:
very cute...
today I had a pet special moment .. my youngest daughter came to me to say that one of her classmates's cats was being taken in to the local animal shelter. It was an :cry: adult female, which in our area means euthanasia. Could I help?
I agreed, being a very "soft" cat person.
Once the "death row" cat arrived, I could not believe that any person would let this :shock: animal go.
It is a Maine Coon .. affectionate, beautifull and rules the house, anyone on the forum experience with the Maine Coon..
I am so used to lengthy adaptation.. this cat already rules the roost :shock:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:58 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

hi MM, I liked the story about your new cat, being a real "softy" both on dogs and cats. Started with just two dogs and two cats, and now look at us: 6 dogs and 7 cats! And I didn't find them, some animals have a way to find YOU.
But I have to admit, I worked for 2,5 year as an inspector of an organisation of the WSPA, which was not the right job for me, looking back. Four of the cats and my last dog (Jock of the Forest) are from that period of time. But can you imagine, being in animalshelters several times a week, walking into so many nasty situations, I sometimes just could not walk away. And I never had a moment of doubt, not of any of them, they light up your days, every day.

Have a virtual trip through my work
http://yvonnevandermey.nl

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:38 am 
macho mouse wrote:
anyone on the forum experience with the Maine Coon..
I am so used to lengthy adaptation.. this cat already rules the roost :shock:

Hi I am Jumbo and I am also addicted to cats. :redface: :wink:

MM, my oldest cat, Dylan is now 13. We suspect that he is a inbred Main Coon although, if I look at some of the photos on the web of Main Coons he comes very close to thorough bred. Al the vets that we visited were also convinced that he is a Main Coon. We got him for free as kitten after he was advertised in the Junk Mail (classifieds newspaper). The lady we got him from said that he resembled his father
He also has to most beautiful character, a real sweetie. Although, he is not very “manly" he loves flowers and gets frighten quite fast.

Another cat of mine that has an interesting and shady background is Smokey. When we got him as a kitten he had a broken leg and was drinking milk from a bottle. The people we got him from, got him on a farm. The mother abandoned the babies and they had to be fed with milk.
We suspect that he has African Wild Cat in his blood.
When he was a bit slimmer (now has a huge boep), it was very obvious that his hind leg were higher that the front. He also has huge paws compared to a normal cat, especially the back ones. He is a big cat, now weighing almost 7 kg. He is 10 years old, and as he is getting older some pink colouring is starting to show. He also has black strips on his legs and his tail has a black tip.
Something else that puzzled us was for the first 5 years he did not meow. Only after a few visits to the cattery did he start exercising to meow, at the beginning it was the strangest sound. Now he actually gets is right every now and then.
This cat is hyper intelligent, never stops to amaze us with new things. I have never encountered a cat with this type of intellect before and probably never will again.

LOL, and this is why the SO and I are considering adding an extra bed to our bedroom! :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:56 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Now I've seen you introducing your pets, I really feel like showing ours as well. I will do it bit by bit, because there are quite a few.

Let me start with the oldest, Spookey, our wild cat. Probably born wild, he started to live in our garden 4 years ago, being so scared.We only saw him in the dark. Bit by bit we gained his trust, and now we officially adopted him, otherwise the
hunters could shoot him as being wild. I even can pick him up for a little while. The vets think he is about 15 years of age now, and he is huge!

ImageSpookey

The second oldest is Assepoes (translated: Cinderella from the fairytale). Nine years ago I got a tip that 2 kittens were treated badly. We went there, and they were kept in a broken freezer :evil: We took both of them home, they were practically wild. It took long, but they became real housecats. The male was killed in the woods, probably by a red fox. That's why the rest of the cats live in a fenced part of the area, I don't want to lose more of them.

Have a virtual trip through my work
http://yvonnevandermey.nl

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:14 pm 
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

The little person which I (usually) call my friend:
His full name is Tasslehoff Burrfoot Quanjer, mostly shortened to Tass. If I use the longer version he starts getting worried, when I use the first two names he goes into hiding, and if I need to use all three names I'll have his hide.
But he is 14 now, so usually well behaved.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97  Next