Skip to Content

Getting SANParks Website on Blackberry

Tell us what we can do better, need to clear the air, voice your concern or provide feedback about the forum
Hippotragus
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Getting SANParks Website on Blackberry

Unread postby Hippotragus » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:34 pm

I have been successfully using my Blackberry to access the SANParks Forum pages but all of a sudden I cannot get access. A message comes up saying either "entity too large" or "cannot understand" - when for months I have had no problem at all. Can't get in either via "History" or via "Search".

Can anyone suggest what I do now.

I can access all sorts of other sites with no problem at all - including Facebook, which is also "large".

I am having no problem at all with my ordinary computer.
KTP May 2015

stevenjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Getting SANParks Website on Blackberry

Unread postby stevenjm » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:38 am

Hippotragus wrote:I have been successfully using my Blackberry to access the SANParks Forum pages but all of a sudden I cannot get access. A message comes up saying either "entity too large" or "cannot understand" - when for months I have had no problem at all. Can't get in either via "History" or via "Search".

Can anyone suggest what I do now.

I can access all sorts of other sites with no problem at all - including Facebook, which is also "large".

I am having no problem at all with my ordinary computer.

Hi Hippotragus,

I have done some investigation, it looks that the only solution is to upgrade your devices software, if you read this page regarding the issue: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc ... Id=KB29303
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Hippotragus
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Hippotragus » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks Matthys and Steven. I'll try Steven's suggestion, when I get a chance. Seems strange, though, that all was OK and then, suddenly, a mega problem. I think I'll go to the Blackberry place at Vodaworld and see what they can do. Lucky that I have an "ordinary" computer as well - some people only have Blackberry.
KTP May 2015

DavenJan
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby DavenJan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:55 am

Hi Hippotragus,

Jan and I can still get in to the mobile site using http://www.sanparks.mobi

I also have a bookmark set up to go straight to forum new posts that is to complicated to type but could pm to you.

We both have curve 8520s
Long live Cricket@Skukuza

Si thi

Ready for the next Cricket Weekend!

Hippotragus
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Hippotragus » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Thanks DavenJan

Tried that - got into main SANParks menu - could get into Parks A-Z but as soon as I tried Forums all I got was "HTTP Error 400: Bad Request. The server could not undersand the page request, or was unable to process it for some reason. Pleae try loading a different page."
KTP May 2015

Hippotragus
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Hippotragus » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Problem solved!! I was chatting to Imberbe today and he mentioned "cookies" - I didn't know how to deal with cookies but started trying various things.

If anyone is interested, I went to Browser Options, then to Cache Operations, then to Cookie Cache and then "clear". Don't understand it at all, but it worked and I am back on SANParks Forum on Blackberry!! That means when, during our frequent thunder storms, I unplug the "normal" compuer I can stay in touch on my Blackberry!

After doing all that, I did have to re-register on Facebook but, other than that, all seems OK.
KTP May 2015

Return to “Chill Room ”