Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Problem with online bookings
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:01 pm 

Thanks Steven, I can see the change on my account online. Now I can relax :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:22 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Great news with change of booking!
Good service!
Fear of this problem is why I prefer not to book online!

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:25 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

squirrel_asc wrote:
kite wrote:
Fear of this problem is why I prefer not to book online!

In all fairness, I've been booking online for many years, and this is the first time I've ever had any kind of problem. I love that I can see exactly what's available and when, and all the detail I need to decide what I want, and the booking process is really simple. (And soooo much quicker than by phone!)

Updating my booking is also really easy (usually :tongue: ). And at the moment, you get 5% discount if you book online :D

All of which may be great for a booking for a few days that is only a few months (or less) away, but when I am booking it is usually 10-11 months ahead and for several weeks and I do NOT want to have to pay for the whole booking at that time, the 5% discount does not make up for my need to stagger payments over time. I do my booking by email, with very few problems over many years, and this is what still works best for me.

31 Oct-1 Nov Pafuri River Camp
2-15 Nov KNP: Punda Maria, Sirheni, Olifants, Tamboti, Skukuza
16-22 Nov Cape Town
23 Nov-20 Jan Darling

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:52 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

stevenjm,

Availability check is still down. I would like to see if I can change my April booking but cannot check if there is availability. It is definitely not due to the whole camp booked out and most likely a problem for all users.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:33 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

It may not help you to change your booking but you could see availability on the day by day availability in the whole park as an interim measure.

Post subject: Problem with Availability/Calendar ?
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:45 am 

Hello,

Is there an issue with the online booking system ? I was checking different camps (LS, Berg, Skukuza, Satara) and no one is showing ANY availability for the next several months. It was working fine yesterday am. Insight ?

Thanks,
Kelly

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi there,

We have a technical issue with the availability check and we are busy addressing it.
Apologies for the inconvenience. :pray:

In the meantime please use the online booking system which is functioning fine.

Best wishes
Nedret

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:01 pm 

SANParks wrote:
All sorted out.

Not all.

When you try to modify a booking it still says "No alternative accommodation available". Not a big issue for me right now, since Steven helped me out, but it's still there...

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:14 am 

Just checked if maybe the issue had been resolved (I'm hoping that someone will fail to pay the balance on a unit with a view next week, allowing me to snap it up :twisted: ), and Sadly, almost three weeks after reporting the issue, I still get this:

Perhaps, being fairly new, there is something I don't understand. Is there someone who is in charge of fixing bugs, or is it done by volunteers as and when they get time? What is the average turnaround time we can expect from reporting a bug, to having it fixed? I see the previous time this bug was reported, it took a month and a half to get fixed, so should I even be hopeful of it getting fixed any time soon?

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:47 am 

Bump.

I have also reported this through the "Report error on the site" link in the footer, and after been asked for more information, that avenue has also gone quiet.

What must one do to get a bug fixed, or at least get feedback on the status of a bug? Considering that is is now three and a half weeks since it has been reported...

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Squirrel

The issue has been identified, it's to do with the Availability check and should be resolved within the course of this week.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:15 am 

Well.

As I had hoped, there has been a cancellation for a better unit for the dates we will be there. But even though it will be a month tomorrow since I reported this bug, I still can't change my booking online. :wall: I have e-mailed reservations, but they only open in 30 minutes. I sincerely hope that no-one else books the single unit that has become available since then.

If that happens, I will be EXTREMELY upset. :evil:

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:44 am 

alfred_mhl wrote:
The functionality is driven by strict rules which we still reviewing and will give feedback on it soon.

Can these "strict rules" not be amended to allow people to pay 50% by EFT? Perhaps the 50% can be immediate, not 30 days grace as with telephone bookings? After all, online bookings are less expensive for SanParks to administer than telephone or e-mail bookings. Mind you, I am old and still like speaking to a real person.

KNP Lower Sabie 25 April to 3 May 2015

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:05 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

alfred_mhl wrote:
The functionality is driven by strict rules which we still reviewing and will give feedback on it soon.

Alfred_mhl can you please inform us what rule is preventing a person from changing their booking on-line, while when phoning in to reservation office the rule does not apply.

My error message is that on-line system cannot find my itinerary and can therefore not allow me to make changes. This rather sounds like a system error, because I can print out my reservation showing my itinerary, which means its not missing on the system, but the link to make changes is not active. I cannot see that an inactive link is now a strict rule that needs to be reviewed, but rather needs to fixed.

squirrel_asc is having the same problem, that he cannot amend his booking.

The reason I would like to change the one day to another camp is because I am not sure I will make the gate time, while entrance into the park is allowed at another gate incase I am late by an hour. Solution is to forfeit my booking and loose my money paid/ make a new reservation on-line and pay extra night/ phone to the reservation office to change. If you are running a on-line system why do I need to phone in and pay expensive call rates if it can be done cheaply with out taking up any ones time on the internet.

I hope the problem can be resolve soon and not kept hidden behind rules that only applies for on-line booking. I was under the impression SANParks wants to encourage clients to make use of on-line booking to reduce the work load on office staff, but if the system is not working and I still need to phone in it is not achieving in that target.

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:16 pm 

alfred_mhl wrote:

I would love to know which "strict rule" is stopping me from amending my booking online, while I am still able to do so telephonically... I have often in the past amended my booking when better units become available due to cancellations, and I've. Neven had a problem doing so online...