Below is a list of contributions made towards the Cricket event.
If we have forgotten some, please feel free to add. Vote of Thanks – Cricket@Kgalagadi 2013
1. KTP and the Arid Region
for their support.
2. The Kgalagadi Cricket Committee for the endless hours spent in preparation – while sacrificing time with their families to make a success of the event.
3. Dupel Erasmus and Jan Kriel
for handling all logistics on the ground:
a. Accommodation Allocations
b. All venues
c. Cricket field
d. Sourcing of catering
g. PR & Media liaisons
i. Branding of posters, flyers, wine and water bottles.[/list]
4. The SANParks staff
who are attended.
5. All forum members
, some who have traveled from as far as Switzerland, Australia and Qater to be at the cricket.
a. MGoddard - Doha, Qater
b. Anne-marie – Switzerland
c. Jeand - Sydney, Australia
6. The planning members
f. Kgalagadi Guru
k. PetraJ for co-ordinating the forum numbers and required info
l. Hugh (Elizabeth) for the Silent Auction and a general thanks to the donors
m. Gill Glass - for the name tags (making and donating)
– For sponsoring the computer centre at Welkom primary school worth about R400 000,00.
– Sponsoring the T-shirts and the “Unite against Poaching” badges.
9. Orange River Cellars
– Sponsoring 90% of all the wines for the event.
10. Mias Angling & Scuba
– All the branded water and the trophies and auction stuff.
for the waste bins - 96 waste bins
for transporting waste bins and the decoration draping for the event – from J-burg to KTP.
– Running the event in the media / news papers.
14. Riverside Radio Station
: 50 airtime slots on the radio running for 10 days – 5 ads per day.
– Presents and the drinks.
16. Griquas Cricket Board
a. Come and do the cricket clinic for the teams & school kids.
b. All the equipment for the KTP team.
c. For contributing towards the wellbeing of the kids in the local communities through the game of cricket.
17. S.A. Cricket
– for showing interest in the rural communities of the Kgalagadi and allowing Griquas to attend.
18. KFC Mini Cricket
– For hosting mini cricket on the event.
19. L & B Transport
(Jaco, Denise, Dillion etc):
a. For making sure that the cricket bat got signed by the Protea team and making a display case.
b. Transporting goodies from JHB to Upington for the event.
c. Bat, shirts and caps for the online auction.
20. Bronwyne Glass
– for the logo of the cricket event.
21. Gill & Russ Glass
– Assistance, goodies and the wines which was branded for the event.
22. Friends of the Kalahari (GavinW)
– support, donation for the jumping castle.
23. Kgalagadi Lodge
– Water for the event.
24. ICE 24
– Ice for the event.
25. Vital Ditributors Solution
– Transport of water from JHB to Bloemfontein.
26. Oppidraai slaghuis
– Donating R 500,00.
– Donating R 500,00.
28. SANParks Corporate Social Investment
with the leadership of Elizabeth Mhlongo: General Manager - sponsorship of cricket shirts and hats. Informative and inspiring speech by Ishmael Makwaeba.
29. All who contributed to the auction
30. Cricket captains
31. Cricket umpires
32. Cricket MC
a. Rey Thakuli
33. The members who have attended every event
– this being their 7th cricket event.
a. Baffers (Andre)
b. DinkyBird and Hawk (Dalene and Neil)
36. Assistant Moderators
a. Lion Queen
38. Head Office Task Team for coordinating all cricket events throughout the years, covering all catering expenses and video streaming & blogging the event online
. The team is lead by:
a. Reynold Thakuli (General Manager: Media, PR & Events)
b. Itshekeng Mokone (Manager: PR)