Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 14 of 14
 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Tsamma Land Re-opens
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:45 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hi all

Just an update on the Tsammaland school for you all - they opened the first Kindergaten class in January and currently have 4 children enjoying the mornings at the school - playing and learning SO much and they are just loving it ! :D They are concentrating on developing the skills needed for them to enter grade R in a year or 2's time ...A big thanks again to granjan for donating the money last year to buy the mattresses that they are using for their morning naps :D

They also have a lovely new teacher - Juffrou Thys - who is proving to be a wonderful addtion to the Tsammaland family in Dinah's place and the children just LOVE her. She is an experienced teacher which is a huge bonus and is well-known to the children and their families . There are about 30 children who make use of the afterschool facility and their report cards at the end of the year show what a huge influence the school has had in their lives.

The school is still in need of consumables like paper, cardboard, stationery, paints etc so please keep that in mind when you go up to the park :) Also needed are some teaching aids for the older children like extra math books and other aids to help them with their homework ...

A BIG problem at the moment is the lack of storage space - they are in desperate need of a Wendy house or similar for an extra classroom/computer room as their current building is very small as those of you who who have visited the school know - anyone got any contacts/old wendy house they no longer need ?? :D

If you have any ideas or can help in any way, PLEASE consider doing so - it is the most amazing little school with the most lovely children you could ever wish to meet !

Lastly, could I please ask that if you are considering sending/taking things up for the school that you please drop me a quick email letting me know what and when - I'd really appreciate it :thumbs_up: thanks !

Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts and we are never the same ...

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:13 am 

Hi,
going to KTP in November first time. :dance:
Will fly from Hamburg, Germany and got a lot free weight (about 20kg) to take with me. If there is anything special needed or something to take with me, i'll be hapy to help.

Greetings from Germany where the sun came out
Martin

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:15 am 

Martin, that is a wonderful offer, thank you!

I am sure Scouter will be in contact with you.

It's not too late at all. You just don't yet know what you are capable of. Mahatma Gandhi

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:31 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Morning Martin :thumbs_up:

WOW, thank you so so much ! I will check with the school and see what they need and I will definately get back to you as soon as I know .. thanks a mill for your very generous offer - and have an amazing time in KTP - Im sure you will also fall deeply in love with everything about it too :D

Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts and we are never the same ...

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:42 pm 

Hi,
any news what is needed ?

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:15 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hi Martin

I will get hold of the school representative tomorrow morning and ask for you for you again :thumbs_up: I do know they always need craft items like crayons and paints and brushes and stickers and other craft things but will check and see if there is anything specific they would like - thank you !!

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:21 am 

Any Gauteng 'mites going to KTP soon?

Gandalf wrote:
On the hunt for Gauteng mites going up to KTP who wouldn't mind making space for an extra box or two. I have some books and supplies for Tsamma Land. Any volunteers?? :pray: :)

Please see here.

Unread postPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:34 pm 

Just wondering how is tsamma land doing?
what about the clothing projects
still going on or are there some changes in whatever?

Unread postPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:37 pm 

Hi Jonkers

Thank you for your post, and your interest in the project.

Last year there was an agreement between SANParks MANCO and the National Executive Committee of the SHR (Honorary Rangers) that regulates the management of all donations and fund raising done via the SHRs for SANParks .

In short, it means that all projects and items that parks need must be placed on a 'Wish List'. The process starts at park level, up to park management and includes that the regional manager signs off the requests and then sends a recommendation to the Joint Liaison Committee. The JLC is the only authority that may approve projects and items to be placed on the Wish List. The JLC currently consists of senior SANParks Executives and members of the SHR NEC. The task of JLC is not to shoot down or challenge projects, but to register and control them.

The SHR NEC’s responsibility is to ensure that the fund raising process as well as the application of the funds conforms to the legislation controlling Non Profit Organisations and Public Benefit Organisations (the SHR is a registered NPO and PBO).

The SANParks VHRs and all projects conducted on these forums fall under the above management. As soon as this project is placed on the Wish List we will be able to continue to promote it and support it on the forums.

It's not too late at all. You just don't yet know what you are capable of. Mahatma Gandhi

Unread postPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:45 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

DinkyBird
Post subject: Re: Tsamma Land Re-opensPostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:42 pm

This project is one that is being placed on the required wish list, and it has been agreed between the park management and the VHRs that the project will continue to run on these forums under the umbrella of the VHRs.

This was posted over a year ago - I ( wrongly it seems ) assumed that the project had been on the official "wish list " for some time already ?

The school is growing and functioning very well mainly thanks to a wonderful dedicated teacher and a few people who haven't given up and continue to support this amazing project ...

Unread postPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Scouter,

Tsamma Land is not on the Wish List, but if the park chooses to place it on the Wish List, you guys will have our full online/forum support.

We'll unlock this topic as soon as the formalities are cleared.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14