Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 6 of 10
 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Where would you like to have Cricket 2013 take place?
Poll ended at Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:44 pm
Kruger NP (Skukuza) 50%  50%  [ 51 ]
Kgalagadi TP (Twee Rivieren) 50%  50%  [ 51 ]
Total votes : 102
 Post subject: Re: Cricket 2013
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:53 pm 

Baffers wrote:
Dotty i would also have liked this idea but from a Logistics and support side it is a MASSIVE request. You have to remember that it isnt just SANPARKS people that organise but an entoore committee that runs things behind the scenes.
Granted, but the committee is made up of forum members and changes each year, which we must keep in mind. And the work of the committee is done on line. We must also remember that it is SANParks who arranges the bulk of the weekend.

Quote:
I just think that in terms of funds for these events and the logistics it is HUGE ask.
It is, no matter where the event is held. It is always going to be a huge ask for some. Unfortunately that is the nature of a virtual world coming together in the real world, people are spread all over the globe.

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:59 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Dotty... I would suggest that perhaps if someone from the CT side got involved a with a planning forum for a second weekend it is doable. Definitely.

HOWEVER ( A BIG HOWEVER) I know SANPARKS coughs up a huge amount of money for this event. So whether it is warranted to do it double is the big question. If they have the budget I am very sure that a second organising committee can be created from the CT side of the country.

You see I am fortunate with the Skukuza weekend with logistics etc because I live in Nelspruit so if someone in Bloem of Kimberley can take on some responsibility it could actually work to have 2 weekends... Once again noting that this is if SANPARKS can afford 2 events. In reality they are the hosts and it is their budget that pays for the event...

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:04 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

I shall watch this thread with interest to see the outcome I saw the photos of an event here held in KTP, and just thought how lovely it was, as for the logistics never thought at all about that :redface: :doh: living up to my name
:wink:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:41 pm 

My opinion,

Kricket @ Skukuza has been a huge succes, especially this year. :thumbs_up: But yes, it is far from cape Town. I am watching the votes, and although there are a lot of votes for KTP, the debate is very much pro Skukuza.

All I want to ask of the peeps, no matter how you vote, if you do vote KTP, you must be willing to participate in the cricket if it goes there, cause ultimately you will lose some of the Gauties and other. So if you vote, are you doing it for the correct reason, and are you willing to to go 100%, I would like to know from more than Jannie and Dinkeybird from CT. :thumbs_up:

I would like to go to KTP, so convince me. :D If you guys are in to the end, not the 2012 nonsence of the end of the world, but the sore muscles, and the sunburn at the end of the cricket end I will vote KTP. Cause this is not about Skuks, KTP, or even that elephant sanctuary in Eastern Cape :twisted: It's about SANParks. :wink:

And yes, my vote counts 1 only, but don't vote for the sake of voting, put your money, time and effort where your vote is. I still have a doubt if you capies can do tha partay thang. :twisted:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:06 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the Year & Travel Tale of the Year, Other Parks (2013)
thanks Dotty for the link :D
what a splendid event.... in Kgalagadi :dance:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:08 pm 

So you gonna be there AM. :thumbs_up: If the vote goes thataway?

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:39 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the Year & Travel Tale of the Year, Other Parks (2013)
:thumbs_up: but, the decision has to be done before end of the month... I live at 10.000 km :whistle:
like I was at Skukuza in 2011 :wink:

and I have already planning for... soon :hmz: I don't want to change... so a lot of money :shock: planning last year... before I have problems with a foot

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:59 pm 

:dance: So now KTP has 3 votes, :twisted: So wheres the Capies now, c'mon oldsters, :twisted:

Dinkeybird, PetraJ, Anne-Marie in the ladies team so far. :whistle:

But on a serious note, as I have said before, I have doubts about the succes in KTP due to not the sponsors, not the distance, not the heat, not the expensive accomodation, not the lack of facility, not the one less league game for the Skuks team.

BUT, the lack of involvement of capetown mites on this thread, although they voted :hmz: . My question is, it is the people at the event of the year on the SANParks forum calander that is making the event work.

A quote:

Quote:
stay at Skukuza... Kgalagadi no need a lot of noise, lot of people, lot of dustbins, lot of cars... pollution ...
so beautiful without any traffic jam... not to much electricity... and the heat... oups the heat...

I know you also voted KTP, :wink: But I have also seen the KTP fanatics, especially from CT say similar things. :hmz: Are the CT mites not voting to support KTP against KNP, and for the reasons that are not in the spirit of the annual cricket, i.e. SANParks?

I woulld easily go to KTP, and love it to bits, and have a great time, and probably take my own Hansa, I have not been to KTP in months. And if the support is there, it will work. But we need to get the mites, not only to vote, but commit. :dance:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:03 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Second Anne-Marie
The decisions must be taken before the summer holidays
For Europeans its important, because the special deals for airfares starts in August for some companies
(I booked a special early booking with KLM to OT for may in September last year. Saves me R1500 per ticket and that is serious money)
And suspect many forumites will make it a little holiday so bookings have to made in advance for KTP accommodations.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:02 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

DinkyBird wrote:
PetraJ wrote:
Will need some fit CT ladies for the ladies team please...
CT ladies are very fit :whistle:
I can nominate some ... :twisted:

Scouter, Caracal, P@m, Wannabe Nerd, Dreamer, Rookie ...

Thanks for the vote of fitness DB, but I may just have to be the umpire or scorer as artificial knees are not the best for running up and down the pitch. :wall: :wall:
(You are also possibly overlooking the fact that I may it find it difficult to haul my ample figure down the field, can't catch and bowling is not top of my talents either!!) :redface: :redface:

Is the date fixed? Is there no way it could be moved to the next weekend and then we could incorporate the public holiday on 21 March and it would make it more attractive for people who would only need to take 1 day's leave to make a really good weekend of it, regardless of where it is held??? :hmz: :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:18 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Oi you forgot me !! I am from CT too now... can I can I be on the team too . You need young blood . I am fit and ready to go ( wheeze) and where oh where did I put my bifocals .( we were talking bowls weren't we)
But seriously this is about SAN parks and I will be happy wherever it is . I wont make KNP but maybe KTP .. Maybe even ADDO would be a good venue
Dont forget Capetown has a National Park too ( maybe we could hire Newlands for the day )

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:22 pm 

Eliz, of course, another Capie :dance: :dance: , Petra is going to have a team in no time :dance: You are a forum angel remember - 29, is the age!

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:24 pm 

Pffft, Capetown only has a flat mountain. :wall:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:27 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
I think we must bring Scot and Himself out from Scotland to help us out But remember our team must not only be Capies .. So EJ will be invited She will just have to get lots of practice with the maroelas PLus all the Gautentjies and ELsa you on the team too ??

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:30 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
And lots of Grape vines and the Cape has the national flower growing on his mountains .And Scips that mountioan is NOT flat ... Have you ever climbed it

Well we had better get back onto the Subject . Mods are Lurkings

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next