Skip to Content

Calling all cricket players

Discuss and participate in the forum projects and fundraisers

Moderator: lion queen

User avatar
Baffers
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
Posts: 2042
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: Slightly Off Center
Contact:

Re: Calling all cricket players

Unread postby Baffers » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:16 pm

bert wrote:Leg injury was a LBW :wink:

btw, just pulling your leg Joe :D

We are not pulling his leg.. He is going to be standing at silly leg postition. gonna have to bring a helmet and a box ;) :twisted: :twisted:
You gotta be careful: don't say a word to nobody about nothing anytime ever!
I don't pretend to be captain weird. I just do what I do.

User avatar
PARDUS1029
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Brits

Re: Calling all cricket players

Unread postby PARDUS1029 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi to all,

Joe I am afraid that the you have your spot on the field!!!! Silly leg was made for you!!!

it looks like we are going to have alot of fun this year!!!! I can not wait!!!

Willie De Beer
Willie de Beer

User avatar
Tshukudu
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:43 pm

Re: Calling all cricket players

Unread postby Tshukudu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:58 am

Sprocky wrote:Look who's talking. :twisted:


At least I will be there and still fit enough, unlike some mites I know
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

User avatar
joekin
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Calling all cricket players

Unread postby joekin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:01 am

Baffers wrote:OUCH! Joe did a great job last year. He sucked up all the good bowling allowing the rest of us to score of the "not so good bowlers" and he paid with leg injury. (Also making sure the "dik knieg" tradition lives on)

Everyones got a job. Joe did his well.


this time i'd really like to play in the B team. B as in booze not 2nd.

i had a lekka shiner on my knee for almost 2 weeks after that unpleaset leg shot.

i'm glad my leg block that shot it would have dented my leg you know.

Baffers more then 1 game... please explain.....are they shorter??

sorry been outta 3g for a while and seemed to have missed alot

User avatar
Baffers
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
Posts: 2042
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: Slightly Off Center
Contact:

Re: Calling all cricket players

Unread postby Baffers » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:56 am

Hi Joe.

The format of the game still have to be finalised. There will however be more than two teams playing. We have visitors comming so we might even end up playing Friday as well.

Nothing is finalised about the length of games but we should come up with schedules this week sometime.

We also want everyone who wants to play to have a chance so we might even push two forum teams. It is a bit tough if you only have 11 places in a team so we are trying to figure all the variables together to give everyone a chance to play.

Hence the fact that we ask for anyone who wants to play to let us know. Will let you know soonest when we have final schedule for the games.
You gotta be careful: don't say a word to nobody about nothing anytime ever!
I don't pretend to be captain weird. I just do what I do.

User avatar
joekin
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Calling all cricket players

Unread postby joekin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Baffers wrote:Hi Joe.

The format of the game still have to be finalised. There will however be more than two teams playing. We have visitors comming so we might even end up playing Friday as well.

Nothing is finalised about the length of games but we should come up with schedules this week sometime.

We also want everyone who wants to play to have a chance so we might even push two forum teams. It is a bit tough if you only have 11 places in a team so we are trying to figure all the variables together to give everyone a chance to play.

Hence the fact that we ask for anyone who wants to play to let us know. Will let you know soonest when we have final schedule for the games.


on the friday already, we driving down to skuks from tamboti the friday

User avatar
Gunner
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
Posts: 2592
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:57 am
Location: South Africa, Mpumalanga, Middelburg....289km from KNP!!!
Contact:

Re: Calling all cricket players

Unread postby Gunner » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi there Baffers! :D

I will be there, count me in! :dance:

User avatar
Baffers
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
Posts: 2042
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: Slightly Off Center
Contact:

Re: Calling all cricket players

Unread postby Baffers » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:03 am

The list now looks as follows: 18/01/2011
Gerharddb
Willie - Pardus
Baffers
Tshukudu
Scipio
Fishbowl
Chris - Fishbowls brother
Matthew
Sean
Lowveldboy
wildlover - to be confirmed?
Joekin
daffie
TPF,
TPF's Brother
TPF's son
GeoCor's son
Spargish
Nkulu's SIL :)
Gunner

Still waiting for final confirmation from wildlover... Mathew has been involved in a car accident and is still seeing if his hand will recover. he is having "therapy" on a damaged wrist.
You gotta be careful: don't say a word to nobody about nothing anytime ever!
I don't pretend to be captain weird. I just do what I do.

User avatar
joekin
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 1:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Calling all cricket players

Unread postby joekin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:16 am

Baffers wrote:The list now looks as follows: 18/01/2011
Gerharddb
Willie - Pardus
Baffers
Tshukudu
Scipio
Fishbowl
Chris - Fishbowls brother
Matthew
Sean
Lowveldboy
wildlover - to be confirmed?
Joekin
daffie
TPF,
TPF's Brother
TPF's son
GeoCor's son
Spargish
Nkulu's SIL :)
Gunner

Still waiting for final confirmation from wildlover... Mathew has been involved in a car accident and is still seeing if his hand will recover. he is having "therapy" on a damaged wrist.


had a chat with scipio yesterday seems we are both very keen to play the B game :-)

Wildlover
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Pretoria

Re: Calling all cricket players

Unread postby Wildlover » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:54 pm

Sorry won't be able to make it parents don't wane drive!!!!! :evil:
GRM all the way! We do it for the greater cause!

User avatar
Tshukudu
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:43 pm

Re: Calling all cricket players

Unread postby Tshukudu » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:15 am

Wildlover wrote:Sorry won't be able to make it parents don't wane drive!!!!! :evil:


Where do you stay, maybe you can hitch a ride. There will be a lot of mites from Gauteng coming for the weekend
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

User avatar
Tshukudu
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:43 pm

Re: Calling all cricket players

Unread postby Tshukudu » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:20 am

joekin wrote:had a chat with scipio yesterday seems we are both very keen to play the B game :-)


Joe, it is not the B team :evil: it is the beer team and you are definitely in it :dance:
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

User avatar
PARDUS1029
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Brits

Re: Calling all cricket players

Unread postby PARDUS1029 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi to all,

it looks like we are having a few players this time. AND i think we are going to give Skukuza a run for the money!!

what do you guys think.

Willie de Beer
Willie de Beer


Return to “SANParks VHR Wild Projects”