Find information and join us for the next forum meeting

Moderator: Crested Val

G@mespotter
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Gauteng February Mini Meet

Unread postby G@mespotter » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:04 pm

Ok then :lol:

Since I didn't get the VIP special PM invite I'm used to, I'll invite myself :twisted: What is this apartheid, is that coz I'm getting old and bold or what..... Ai you people :twisted:

Somehow nobody claimed my saturday in my diary, so if it is on the 26th of February I will surely get my Kruger loving soul at Tshukudu's place. This time I'll stay for a while, braaing the lots like you guys are used to?

With my Sharks tshirt I might add :twisted: Watch TheunsH...... now he'll attend I'm sure.... Oom, what do you say??

In short, I'm in :thumbs_up:
Tambotie 20 July, Shipandane Birdhide 21 July, Mphongolo Backpack Trail 22 -25 July, Tzendze 26 July, and Greater Limpopo National Park 27 -29 July :D

Dan

Unread postby Dan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:12 pm

Hi Gautentjies :yaya:

Anybody got any problems if me and Catmatix and son also pitch? Sounds like its going to be fun. 8) If you agree, you can count us in! We can also help with a bit of cricket practice, if Catmatix promise to masage my shoulder afterwards..... :hmz: :pray:

Have a nice week you all! :thumbs_up:

ndloti
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby ndloti » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:18 am

Tshukudu has unselfishly offered the use of his pad for these meets - At least 2 times that i know of , lets not spoil it with music .

Should we not offer to pass a hat around to cover the costs etc. ?
I have seen snacks and utensils (also food dishes) supplied , not to mention the mounds of empties and all the clearing up we do not take part in ...
KNP is sacred. I am opposed to the modernisation of Kruger and from the depths of my soul long for the Kruger of yesteryear! 1000+km on foot in KNP incl 56 wild trails.200+ nights in the wildernessndloti-indigenous name for serval.

Vlakvarkvrou
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Vlakvarkvrou » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Dear Joekin and Tshukudu,
Thanks for a wonderful meeting today -

Joekin for the thread :clap:

Tshukudu for your house complete with cricket pitch and for being a very gallant host who made everybody feel welcome :dance:

This was really an excellent idea and it was nice to see the mites you already know again, to put faces to those forum members that you have not yet met and most important to make new friends as well. Most of us that attended today will also meet in 2weeks time at Skukuza for the cricket. We had to leave early, but I would love to hear comments about the braai later tonight.

Friendly forumite regards

Elzet
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Elzet » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:37 am

Hiya!

Just back from another delightful meet at Oom Paulie's and Cheeterah's place. Thanks so much for your hospitality Image and taking the risk of inviting us back (of course, I'm not a risk to have around Image , but can't speak for the other 'mites). :twisted: :tongue: :lol: Great hosts once again, and thank you once again. Image

It was very nice to see the 'old' 'mites again, such as Scips (my, what a lovely surprise!), Ndloti, Michel, Joekin, Gerharddb, Dan, Big Man's son, G@mespotter, Scothia (spelling?), DavenJan, MPosthumus (I hope you made it to ORT without a detour through Diepstoot) Image, Petra J, Wild Dreamer, Vlakvarkvrou (you should stop running away when you see me :twisted: ), etc etc.

Vlakvarkvrou wrote:"big"( :twisted: ) names on the forum was there such as Michel367, Dan, Ndloti, Tshukudu, Joekin, Scipio, TheunsH,etc, etc.

Say what??!! The men are more important than the females, Lowpigwoman? Since when??!! Image

And Michel's pina sauce rocks! Image

Dotty, thanks for the call. And no CC, no photos this time around. Hope to see you and Matthys there next time. Image
Last edited by Elzet on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don’t.” - Harvey MacKay

michel367

Unread postby michel367 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:13 am

Yeah and here are you on the right. :twisted:

From left to right:

Charmaine (Tshukudu's SO)
Dan
Dan's SO
PetraJ
Scipio

michel367

Unread postby michel367 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:17 am

The "old" man (Tshukudu) trying to revive his former glory on the pitch together with G@mespotter

michel367

Unread postby michel367 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:19 am

TheunsH, Tshukudu and Charmaine (with dog) :lol:

michel367

Unread postby michel367 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:22 am

The "pitch" with (left to right):

? :redface:
Dafie
? :redface:
G@mespotter

michel367

Unread postby michel367 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:24 am

G@mespotter
Schiotia
TheunsH

Wild Dreamer
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Wild Dreamer » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:45 am

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks Tshukudu and Charmaine for a great, GREAT time at your place. You guys rock!
I think the pics Michel took show only the pre-part before the fun really began!
But as we say, what happens in DiepsLoot... :mrgreen: :lol:
It was awesome to meet so many new (to me) 'mites. What a stunning bunch of people, each and everyone! Thanks all for the good time.
Only got home at about 1h00 am. Eish!

G@mespotter
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby G@mespotter » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:52 am

Nice meeting y'all again :thumbs_up:

Somehow Mads convinced me to attend the cricket.... She should become a promoter or something :whistle: But I'm seriously lacking any bowling skills whatsoever, and might have a problem there :doh:

Sorry for those I couldn't remember, it's been a while :twisted: :whistle:
Tambotie 20 July, Shipandane Birdhide 21 July, Mphongolo Backpack Trail 22 -25 July, Tzendze 26 July, and Greater Limpopo National Park 27 -29 July :D

PetraJ
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby PetraJ » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:11 am

Thanks again to everyone for the great meet. For the hospitality we received and the cricket pitch for the training. (At least now I know for certain I can't bowl). It was nice meeting you all and I cannot wait for the cricket. Dan and SO, sure we can't twist your arm in coming as well :twisted:

Schotia

Unread postby Schotia » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:43 am

A huge thank you to Tshukudu and Charmaine, for being such wonderful hosts :thumbs_up:

Also to Michel for the great pics(although one forumite in particular was camera shy :tongue: )

Last but not least : to all the forumites I got to meet , it was great fun :D

We had a lekker kuier(we had a nice get together) :thumbs_up:
Live life as an exclamation, not an explanation!

Dan

Unread postby Dan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:12 am

Hi everybody :yaya:

To Tshukudu and SO, from me and Catmatix a very BIG thank you for your fantastic hospitality and that you took the chance to host this party. :clap: :thumbs_up: You were great hosts! You also have a lot of wildlife behind the plot. We saw owl, nightjar and a hare darting across the road on our way back to the R114 just on that little gravel stretch to West street. I almost had a photo of the owl since he was sitting in the headlights and then decided to fly of as soon as I switched on the camera. So typical… :roll:

To al you other guys and girls, it was a pleasure meeting you all and you’re all really a fun bunch of people to hang around with. :dance: We can’t wait for the next one. Obviously we were the last to leave, but it just show what great company you were! 8) Thanks for everything and please enjoy the cricket for our sakes too!! :( :mrgreen:

Return to “Meets & Greets ”