Skip to Content

Wedding in Kruger

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park

Re: Wedding in Skukuza

Unread postby Yusuf » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi there

congrtats, I suggest you phone skukuza and speak to the camp manager Peter. He is always willing to assist aand will most probably direct you to the right person.

Joep Stevens

Unread postby Joep Stevens » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Dear Clairey,

Many thanks and I believe you tohave the correrct advice to contact Peter or Stephen. If you don't have success, please let me know (at We also have a nice venue in the north at Mopani.

With best wishes and kind regards.

General Manager: Tourism Operations

Unread postby Zatara » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Congratulations!! All the best for the future...

I got married in Skukuza in 2002.
Unfortunately i cannot remember the contact person.
What we did was we arranged with them that we could use the "boma" next to the restaurant for the church service.
It was a early morning wedding.
Afterwards all the quests went for breakfast in the restaurant.
We arranged with them to reserve some of the tables in order for me to set up the tables with a couple of nice things - all nicely decorated according to the out of Africa was a beautiful wedding - we took very nice pictures just outside the restaurant with the river and bush in the background!
It worked out very well because for the rest of the day all the guests were enjoying Kruger....

They also arranged that the people working in the restaurant sang a couple of African songs after we got married - really very nice.
We had to use a radio when I entered the boma with traditional wedding song - and the preacher had to speak out loud.
What a memorable experience.

hope you find someone to assist you with this

Unread postby Diarmid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:54 am

Hi there
My wife and I got married last year at Berg-en-dal.
The wedding was right in the bush, was superb.
It was arranged by Stephen Nel the camp hospitality manager and he and his staff went out of their way to make the occasion so special.

Unread postby Diarmid » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:30 pm

If you PM me, I can send you some of the photos to show u what it was like.
You have the option of being in the conference centre and boma or out in the sticks.
We chose the bush option as it would be a different experience for all our friends.
The night after the wedding Stephen arranged for a lovely sunset drive for all our guests, saw 4 of the big 5, was lovely!

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: Weddings in KNP

Unread postby ecojunkie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:00 am

Always best to contact the camp direct.
They have arranged a lot of weddings there and I am sure will do something special for you.
Maybe the best is to email the camp manager and explain to him what you would like.
I think he really enjoys sorting out things like this!
Maybe you will get me as a guide!!!
Smiling is contagious. Start an epidemic today!

Have you read the entrance permit? Do you KNOW the Conditions of Entry?

Completed over 6 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I was normal I wouldn't be me!

Re: Wedding in Kruger

Unread postby Clairey » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:24 am

Hi Sheenaugh-Lee, I am getting married at Berg & Dal in April this year.
Stephen Nel has been great at organising all the details.
We are having the ceremony in the bush and then driving back to camp to have the reception at the boma there.
So excited! :D

Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Sheenaugh-Lee » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 am

Clairey wrote:Not wearing white or anything long as the ceremony is deep in the bush and it will probably get ruined pretty quickly! Hoping for a vintage safari theme as far as the outfits go, trying to get my partner to hurry up and get his suit made.....

I just got a thought, why don't you have a beige coloured flowing chiffon dress made not too long and then a crown made of leaves and twigs with flowers in it, your bouquet with the same materials and no shoes just have ribbons tied around your feet.
As for a cake have you tried Google maybe it will pick up something that will be close enough for you that when you do transport the cake from their it will be ok by the time you get to B & D? :)
Im still In LOVE with my Kruger!

Home is where the Heart is and my Heart lies in the Kruger ...FACT!

Unread postby Nrijntjes » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:14 pm

I'm also getting married in Kruger next month. Stephen has been fantastic in getting everything organised for us as well. :D we are now just finalising the last few things... Any advice on flowers? We are having something simple, but want to put a bunch of flowers on each table. Has anyone used a florist in Malelane?

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread postby lion queen » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi Nrijntjies and a warm welcome to the forum!!! I do hope you'll have a stunning wedding!!!

Do have a look at Blusing Bride's a real stunning small flower and will keep well without water.

I'm not sure if they are in season though.

Can't help with a florist in Malelane, but will keep my ears open. :thumbs_up:
SANParks Online Fans..........Where passion is pride!

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

Unread postby MOGGYMINDER » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:08 am

Hi all, we want to marry in the Park next September, I have emailed one pastor (email address from reservations) not sure why they gave me his details but he lives Nelspruit and has come back saying its too difficult due to all the restrictions and to marry in the uk legally then have an african ceremony ! That's not we want and on Googling there are lots of travel companies who advertise Park weddings. We already have flighs booked and Park accommodation but we're struggling to get 5 days in a luxury lodge to get married in... I've only just started the search and have sent off emails all over the place but any advice/experiences greatly received please..... :gflower:

Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Hippotragus » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:47 am

Hi Moggyminder. I am assuming that you live in UK. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

I can't remember the reasons, but my daughter and son-in-law (both dual SA/UK citizens) had a quiet Registry Office wedding ceremony in England and then had the chapel, wedding dress etc. wedding/blessing and reception here (not Kruger). They just found it would be best to be legally married in UK, where they are living and just have the ceremony/blessing here for friends and family. The ceremony here was conducted by a pastor friend of theirs and was a wedding ceremony without the actual legal signing of the registry.

Maybe ask around in UK and find out what the implications of marrying here would be.
Paul Kruger Gate (day visitor) 24-28 August 2015
Skukuza 14-18 October 2015
Satara 18-21 October 2015

Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Imberbe » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:32 pm

SA pastors are no longer allowed to preside over marriages where one or both are not SA citizens.

This is due to the fact that there were too many false weddings by foreigners using this as an opportunity to enter SA and get residence status. The fact is that it is just too difficult for a pastor to ensure that everything is above board. How can he i.e. check that the one party is not married in their country of residence?

This is why such weddings now needs to be done at an office of Home Affairs.

You can do the ceremony in the parks but not the legal marriage. I would support Hippotragus's approach.
Imberbe = Combretum imberbe = Leadwood = Hardekool = The spirit of the Wildernis!

Want to know more about the SANParks Honorary Rangers? Visit

One positive deed is worth more than a thousand critical words.

Unread postby MOGGYMINDER » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Thank you all. we are British and live in the UK. .. I have now had replies from some emails from a couple of lodges and none have said that we cannot legally marry in the park, the Pastor I emailed didn't mention that he could not legally marry us only that it can be difficult.
I shall update once I get more information.

Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Wedding in Kruger!!!

Unread postby Mgoddard » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:33 pm

Its been a long time since I logged in here....I want some information of having a wedding at the Skukuza Golf Club....will they allow music....can we arrange or organise trucks to take the guests back to Kruger Gate?

Return to “Kruger National Park”