Skip to Content

heavy trucks

Discuss current issues and events happening in the parks.
Lesego
Guru
Guru

Re: heavy trucks

Unread postby Lesego » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:11 pm

Good Afternoon 'Mites;

In regards to the Cargo Carriers on the General Information on Tariffs on the website http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kruger/to ... ariffs.php,

Generally these will be buses but you also have from time to time suppliers and delivery trucks that might come to the park..
Lesego Nko
Web forum and Online Stakeholder Relations
Lesego.nko@sanparks.org
Tel: (012) 426 5202

4O4-5O4
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby 4O4-5O4 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:39 pm

hahahahahahaha - most grandmothers would 'flip' if they heard that little Johnny now goes to school in a cargo carrier. What happened to the good old school bus. The world, she is a changing....

Anyway.

So! I guess that brings to a close..... the 'heavy truck' debate???

Maybe we should add 'heavy truck' sightings to the camp game sightings boards. Perhaps a yellow and red drawing pin, what do you think?

RobertT
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby RobertT » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:56 pm

Lesego wrote:Good Afternoon 'Mites;

In regards to the Cargo Carriers on the General Information on Tariffs on the website http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kruger/to ... ariffs.php,

Generally these will be buses but you also have from time to time suppliers and delivery trucks that might come to the park..

Thank you Lesego, appreciate the response.

Out of curiosity, could you please find out why it is only Kruger that has these tariffs then, I would assume buses go to all parks as well as suppliers and delivery trucks must also service all.
Also does this mean the buses are being charged for the vehicle as well as the number of heads on the bus? :thumbs_up:

Bush Baptist
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Bush Baptist » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:08 pm

"I promise! It only weighs 1.99998 tonnes"
Whatever (according to BB): "You are correct but I don't want to admit it".

Penny
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Penny » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:55 am

I am very puzzled! A bus is a bus and a cargo carrier is a cargo carrier. I wonder if tourists on board a bus would like to be referred to as cargo? I wonder even more what would happen were tourists to view game from a cargo carrier?
NO BAIL - JAIL AND NO TRADE IN RHINO HORN EVER!
[color=#FF0000]NO TO BUILDING OF HOTELS IN THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK[/color
24 Sept 2015 Hlane, 25-2 Burchells, 2-4 Elephant Plains, 4-7 Satara, 7-9 Pretoriouskop, 9-15 Ngwenya, 16 Hluhluwe
The addiction is fed once again

RobertT
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby RobertT » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:29 am

RobertT wrote:
Lesego wrote:Good Afternoon 'Mites;

Thank you Lesego, appreciate the response.

Out of curiosity, could you please find out why it is only Kruger that has these tariffs then, I would assume buses go to all parks as well as suppliers and delivery trucks must also service all.
Also does this mean the buses are being charged for the vehicle as well as the number of heads on the bus? :thumbs_up:

Hi Lesego/Mods

Is there an answer on why these tariffs only apply to Kruger and not the othe SANParks?

Lesego
Guru
Guru

Unread postby Lesego » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:29 pm

Good afternoon 'mites :hello:

In regards to the daily conservation fees on cargo carriers found on SANParks’ website, SANParks does not allow cargo carriers into the park except those that provide SANParks or other KNP residents. Special entry permits are arranged for these cargo carriers when entering the park. The reason that on the tariff sheets cargo carriers are still highlighted is historical, when they used to be allowed. This information will be removed from the website to avoid further confusion to the public.

We apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused we appreciate your continued support and loyalty.
Lesego Nko
Web forum and Online Stakeholder Relations
Lesego.nko@sanparks.org
Tel: (012) 426 5202

RobertT
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby RobertT » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:43 pm

Thanks Lesego

So the cargo carriers are not buses?

Lesego wrote:Good Afternoon 'Mites;In regards to the Cargo Carriers on the General Information on Tariffs on the website http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kruger/to ... ariffs.php, Generally these will be buses but you also have from time to time suppliers and delivery trucks that might come to the park..

:? :?

IBmit

Unread postby IBmit » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing???

Return to “Forum Indaba”