Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cost of Half Day Drive at Skukuza
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:47 pm 

I have been trying to book a half day drive at Skukuza online and the pricing has me a bit confused.
When you mouse over the description it shows the cost as R2500 for a base rate which includes 4 people. However when you try and book it online it asks you how many adults/children there are. If you enter 2 adults and 0 children it wants to charge you R5000.
I have emailed central reservations who said to contact the camp (which I tried) but I am not getting any response. As we are going to be there in a couple of weeks I was hoping for a quick answer. Does anyone know what the true cost is? I am guessing you just enter 1 for the number of adults if you have between 1 and 4 people but would hate to get there and one of us has to miss out. Plus R5000 for 2 people for a 4 hour drive is a bit expensive IMO (even for us foreigners :lol: )

Post subject: Re: Cost of Half Day Drive at Skukuza
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:07 pm 

Jumbuck, on this page it shows the base rate as R2500.00 and Base Rate (no. people) as 4.
I will ask about this, but please don't expect a reply (unless someone else can help you) before Monday.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:53 pm 

MATTHYS wrote:
Jumbuck, on this page it shows the base rate as R2500.00 and Base Rate (no. people) as 4.
I will ask about this, but please don't expect a reply (unless someone else can help you) before Monday.

Thanks for that, Matthys. Another couple of days will be fine.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:10 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

jumbuck wrote:
I have been trying to book a half day drive at Skukuza online and the pricing has me a bit confused.
When you mouse over the description it shows the cost as R2500 for a base rate which includes 4 people. However when you try and book it online it asks you how many adults/children there are. If you enter 2 adults and 0 children it wants to charge you R5000.
I have emailed central reservations who said to contact the camp (which I tried) but I am not getting any response. As we are going to be there in a couple of weeks I was hoping for a quick answer. Does anyone know what the true cost is? I am guessing you just enter 1 for the number of adults if you have between 1 and 4 people but would hate to get there and one of us has to miss out. Plus R5000 for 2 people for a 4 hour drive is a bit expensive IMO (even for us foreigners :lol: )

Hi there,

Two issues exist in this situation;

1. There is an error that the activity is displaying on the web, this is a camp activity that can only be booked at camp level due to the resource scheduling for such an activity.
2. Since this is not a web item, the calculations are not working correctly as it was not correctly setup.

We will be removing this item from the web and as such you will need to book the activity directly at the camp - I am trying to ascertain with certainty who you will be able to contact at the camp and as soon as I have information on that I will provide you with it.