Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Skukuza Golf Club & Restaurant.
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:39 pm 

Great - maybe we'll do that then :lol:

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:38 pm 

Just to let you know that I had one of my most fun days I have had for a long time on the Skukuza golf course early in June. One reason was the fact that my poor son's golf was all over the place due to the very old clubs he hired - he hit a couple of balls into the water and on one occasion an African Jacana shot up straight in the air in fright, I am not sure if he actually hit it or not. A number of balls were lost and we even found one. You definitely don't go there for a low score card but you do get a lot of enjoyment from the experience

The excited anticipation of what might happen is with you the whole time - knowing there are wild animals all around, the hippos lurk in the water only meters away. There is dung from a whole variety of animals on the fairway and greens and we had to wait on more than one occasion for the warthogs to move off - on one occasion we resorted to playing around them. I don't think that it is the best course in the world and if you are hiring equipment it is not the best but the experience is FANTASTIC and it is very beautiful. We went really early and saw the most amazing birds. We also had a very nice breakfast at the club house. There is a nice menu that is different to most of the other fare available at camp and guests are welcome. All in all a wonderful experience and well worth doing if you can take the time off from driving

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:15 am 

We actually had lunch at the golf course after spending some time at Lake Panic on our first day and we'll definitely do it again - It was great :dance:

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:33 am 

Good to see KayKay! :thumbs_up:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8