Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: One reservation, parties arriving at different times/gates
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:10 pm 

We have booked 7 rondavels at Skukuza for a family get together. People will arrive at differrent times and enter through differernt gates. Will that work if each party has a copy of the booking confirmation letter?

Post subject: Re: One reservation, parties arriving at different times/gat
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:04 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
We booked Biyamiti with friends and they arrived later they had a copy of the reservation so there was no problem there.

Post subject: Re: One reservation, parties arriving at different times/gat
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:13 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
FAC Member (2012)
Welcome to the forum christinec

Yes. I used to book for droups of friends and I gave them all a copy of the reservation.

No problem. I used to try to arrive at the camp first to alert the reception staff.

Post subject: Re: Reservations with Sanparkfor kruger NP
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:03 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

jimmymcwill -

If you email to reservations your requested camps for your required dates, number of people and accommodation type with your personal contact details they will email you back with a deposit request letter showing what you have booked, the amount owing in total and the deposit amount required by a due date (within 30 days). The remaining balance can be paid 30 days before you go. When you have paid the deposit they will email a confirmation letter with the remaining balance and the date it must be paid by. You need to print this off and bring this with you to the park.
You can pay by emailing a copy of the credit card details form (as mentioned by arks above - arks may be kind enough to email you a copy if you ask :) It is perfectly safe to send your cc details in this way.

I have used this method without any problems several times. The longest I have waited for a response is 3 days.

Post subject: Re: Reservations with Sanparkfor kruger NP
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:53 am 

You can also register with the online bookings and pay that way, just ensure you use the same customer number on the booking you have when you register. You will then have access to all your reservations and can even add to them.

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Post subject: Re: Online Booking of Night Drives etc ...
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:07 pm 

dazzavv wrote:
Can anyone tell me if you can book night drives etc online - can you perhaps add it on to an itinerary?
Yes, you can add any extra activities to your itinerary on line, just quote your reservation and client number. :D
Enjoy your trip. :D

Kruger - May 24th - June 6th 2014.

Post subject: Booking two types of accommodation in one camp
Unread postPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:35 pm 

Hello Forumites

This afternoon I tried to book two nights in Skukuza in a BE2 and then moving to a BD2 for two more nights. The lady at SANPARKS advised me that it is not allowed to book accommodation like this, we need to move to another camp after the first two nights. As there are no other camps with availability nearby, I have to wait and see if there is a cancellation in a camp nearby.

I have booked accommodation like this before and could get no explanation or statement on the website (or from the lady who did the booking) as to why this is not possible.

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Booking two types of accommodation in one camp
Unread postPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:24 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear Bushdancer,

The reason for this is not so much the check-in and check-out time differential, but more often a problem of the guest refusing to vacate the one hut and leaving their belongings behind and unit cannot be readied for next booked guests. As long as you accept that you will need to move and adhere to check-out times, then we will allow this practice. Please send me your booking details and we will address.

With kind regards.

JOEP STEVENS (joep.stevens@sanparks.org)

Post subject: Re: Need Recommendations
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:40 pm 

Hello!

My first post on this forum:

I am hoping to book one of the guest houses at Olifants Camp for our party - either Nshawu or Lebombo Guest House. Can anyone recommend which is better?

Also, what is the best way to make the booking - Kruger website, email, phone, etc.? And through which office is it best to make the booking - camp office, central reservations, satellite reservations, third party tour company, etc.?

We are in the US and I want to do whatever gives me the best chance to make the reservation for our group.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Post subject: Re: Accommodation - ask all your questions here
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:40 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Our upcoming Kruger trip was booked using the online method - used to do it by fax - the online method was great - quick reply and confirmations - We will use this method exclusively in the future!

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:14 am 

Wow! Thanks so much for all the replies.
This is truly a nice forum filled with good people.
It must have something to do with Kruger being such a magnificent place.

I now have another question, and I have been unable to find a thorough answer on the website.
When a reservation is made many months in advance, is full payment made at that time, or partial payment?
Does it depend on the manner in which the reservation is made (phone or website or email, etc.)?
I have seen references to full payment, but also references to partial payment with the balance due at least 30 days prior to the reserved date.
I'm trying to work out my budget and how much I will need to pay upfront and later.
Any advice you can give (or any links to the webpages I may have missed) will be much appreciated!

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:08 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hi kaizer and Welcome!

If you use the online booking method, you must pay in full at the time that you book.
However, if you send an email to central reservations for your booking, you must pay a deposit (1/3 of booking) within 30 days after you place your reservation.
The balance (2/3) then will be due a month before the date of your first night in the park.
For me, this is the easiest method and has never been a problem (phone calls and faxes from the USA to the RSA are IMO prohibitively expensive — and for a phone call you also have to factor in the 6 hours or more time difference).

If you first email central reservations and ask for their booking form (in WORD format, otherwise they will send you a PDF, which can't be filled in and emailed back), they will send it to you.
(Some agents don't seem to know that there is a WORD version of this form, so if you have a problem getting it, send me a PM with your email and I'll email it to you — I don't think that I can send it via PM).
There is also a WORD form for making you payments by CC, so you should ask for that as well.

I've been making my reservations and CC payments by email since 2000 with no problems.
While the online booking may be easy, I'm not willing to make such large payments so far in advance :wink:

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:55 am 

There isn't actually a need to fill in the payment form and email it any more, you can use the online system to pay your deposit and final balance as well.

When you get your email confirmation you will have a Client Code and a Reservation code.
Either one will give you online access to your reservation and you can then make whatever payment is due.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:49 pm 

It depends when you are going and where you want to go. Accommodation in the more southerly camps goes quickly during the South African school holidays and around long weekends.

Booking via Reservations (email and phone) opens 11 months before. Booking on-line only opens 9 months before. December, Easter, June and the end of September tend to be busy periods. Outside of that you should be OK.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:37 pm 

Many thanks to saraf for the info regarding the different advance times for bookings - I didn't know that online bookings could only be done 9 months out. After reading all the knowlegable responses, I think I shall use the email option for our bookings.

Now for two questions related to our trip but not about accommodations (if I can ask them here):
We are planning on being in Kruger for eight nights - would the Wild Card be the best option for my family, and is it acceptable to purchase that when we enter the park, or would an advance purchase be better?
Are there car hires (rentals) available in Skukuza or anywhere else in the park?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next