View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily conservation fee
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:08 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Dani L wrote:
Hello
Does one pay the conservation fee per day or per 24 hours?
If we get in the park at 10.00 am on day 1, at what time do we have to leave the park on day 3?
Many thanks
Danielle

Hi Dani L, Sanparks say the following......

"General Information on Tariffs

Note: All Prices VAT inclusive and all tariffs in South African Rand - Tariffs subject to alteration without advance notice.
Daily Conservation Fee

Valid from 1 November 2013 to 31 October 2014

South African Citizens and Residents (with ID):

R62 per person, per day
R27 per child , per day"

Hope this is what you are looking for.
:)

Extinction is forever and survival is up to---every last one of us!

Post subject: Re: Daily conservation fee
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:54 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

We just paid Daily Conservation fees for 2 Adults. They are South African citizens.

When we arrived at Orpen on Day 1 it was already late morning. We were charged the full fee - R62 per person. Arriving as early as possible is better value for your money if that's important to you.

We stayed at Tamboti for one night later on and paid conservation fees for 2 days.

For us as a couple we simply got an International Couples Card. Less trouble and we'll be going to Augrabies and Kgalagadi within a year, so getting our money's worth. 8)

Post subject: Obtaining Refund of Credit
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:04 pm 

Hello,
I had issues with the SANParks website when attempting to cancel 1 of my 2 nights at SKU & change to a tent at LS.
So, I made a new reservation at LS, to ensure i booked the desired tent that had just became available.
I called SANParks and they cancelled the 1 night at SKU and added the LS tent to my original reservation#.

This took a bit of time as i could barely understand the customer service agent. I then asked about getting a refund for the 1 night at SKU, which had been cancelled. He said the instructions would be included in the email along with my new confirmation letter.
However, the email only stated that I need to provide my "banking details" to get a refund of the amount that has been credited to my account.

Since I used a credit card, I am assumming that my name, credit card number and expiration date will be sufficient?
I would prefer not to send more information than is necessary, but also meet their requirements.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Obtaining Refund of Credit
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:43 pm 

I should imagine your credit card details would be ok for the refund to be paid into.
What I did once was leave the credit in my a/c and used it up for a future visit.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:58 pm 

Hello,

All you need to do is to send an e-mail to reservationrefund@sanparks.org mentioning your reservation number and client code and request crediting of the amount on hold to your credit card. I already did it several times over the years and it works well. Sanparks does payments twice a month I believe, so you might have to wait a couple of weeks in order to see it on you credit card slip. Hope this help,
Frizzle

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:19 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I agree with Elsa - make another booking and use the credit. I have done that in the past - I usually miss KNP so much when I get home from a trip, that I immediately make another reservation!

If you can't/don't want to do that - then the way Frizzle mentions in his comment should work.

KTP May 2015

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:28 pm 

We changed a booking not too long ago and used the credit on our account to pay for game drives. I believe the credit on your account can be used for future SANParks accommodation or any SANParks activity.

The nice thing is that the amount always reflects on your Reservation form, so you never loose track of it.

Talamati 7 & 8 Sept
Tamboti 9 Sept
Satara 10 & 11 Sept
Pretoriuskop 12 Sept

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:39 pm 

I had to get a refund recently and needed to send a copy of my bank statement, a copy of my ID and I sent it together with all the details - reservation number, etc.
I got a response within a day or two, and a credit into my account within 10 days.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:44 pm 

Frizzle,
Thanks for the email address to request my refund, as this was not originally provided by SANParks.
Thank you all for your responses, unfortunately this will be our one and only visit to SA.
We have already booked our game drives, so I prefer not to leave the credit on my account.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:22 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Reassuring to find all this out as we were moved to cheaper accommodation because of the floods in March.
But had no communication re the situation, before or since.
Happy to leave as a credit although we won't be able to go again till next year,

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:59 pm 

I followed the previous posters recommendations and requested a refund to my credit card. However, I received th following reply from SANParks, which stated that they to do not refund back to credit cards, only to bank accounts:

To enable us to initiate your refund please forward one of the following to: reservationrefund@sanparks.org

· A copy of a cancelled cheque

OR

· the top part of a bank statement indicating:

· The account holder name [same as the reservation holder].

· The account number

· Type of account

· Reservation number with the document.

We do not refund by credit card

So, I sent a copy of a cancelled check, luckily I had one from 2013...I rarely write checks. I also provided the additional info from the bank statement..and of course the reservation #.
Fingers crossed!

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:23 pm 

Today, I received an email from a second (different) SANParks person saying that my request for refund to my credit card will be processed with the next batch and that SANParks processes transaction twice a month (middle & end of month).

I am now concerned about having sent my bank info to reservationrefund@sanparks.org. Is this legitimate?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dear ctm7943,

Yes, reservationrefund@sanpark.org is actually the correct email as it is assigned to our colleagues at Finance who deal with reservation refunds. So all good. :thumbs_up:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Post subject: Change/Upgrade booking (how to?)
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:30 pm 

Dear,

I would like to inform how it is possible to change/upgrade a booking.
At this moment I only see a cancel button.

I'm staying 1 night in Skukuza, however if there are cancellations I would like to change it to Lower Sabie or Crocodile Ranch.
But before I would also loose my Skukuza booking I would like to inform how to do this by online booking?

Do I first need to cancel the booking in Skukuza and then book the new one? But won't I loose then my paid amound for the Skukunza booking?
Or is there a simple method to change/upgrade a booking?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards

Post subject: Re: Change/Upgrade booking (how to?)
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:39 pm 

There should be a button next to your accommodation type, allowing you to change it.

I don't know if it still exists/works, though. There was a bug last time I tried it, and even though I kept begging and pleading with them to fix it, by the time we actually went to Kruger, I had not received any feedback indicating that it was fixed... Now I don't have a booking anymore, so I can't check. :|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next