Advanced Day visitor Permit info

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
ecojunkie
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: Entering at Crocodile Gate

Unread postby ecojunkie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:17 am

Just a little clarification.....

Some gates are able to handle multiple queues and then those with bookings may have some preference. Gates like CB and Malelane can only have one queue because of the bridge, so everyone waits in the same queue. The only people allowed to pass are staff, and those who already have a permit (re-entry, or some OSV companies will send someone early to get all their permits for the morning).

If the queue is very long, then it is possible that after an hour or so a member of staff (or an HR) will walk the line and allow overnight visitors with bookings for distant camps to 'jump' the queue simply to ensure they have enough time to get to their destination.

The information on how to get a booking is correct - you can also get it from the gate you want to use. It is only valid for the gate you book to enter, and up to 1330.

Remember too that day visitors may not take any alcohol into the park. They can buy alcohol with their meal at a restaurant though. Overnight visitors can take alcohol in, but may only drink it at their accommodation - nobody may drink alcohol in the vehicles or elswhere in the park.
Smiling is contagious. Start an epidemic today!

Have you read the entrance permit? Do you KNOW the Conditions of Entry?

Completed over 6 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I was normal I wouldn't be me!

whipper

Day visit permits

Unread postby whipper » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Hello mites

Just needed some advice with regards to the day permits that can be arranged in advance. I will be staying outside the park and will be using the croc bridge entrance during the long weekned in Dec 16th.
As a Person with a permit, does one still have to join the long ques that can be expected over the long weekend?
Is there like a seperate que for day visitors without permits and another for people that will be staying over and others that have pre booked and paid for day visit in advance?
Are there people that walked the line and check these things?

Thanks in advance
Whipper

Stephens.L
Guru
Guru

Re: Day visit permits

Unread postby Stephens.L » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:43 am

Dear Whipper

Please note that gate quotas are strictly enforced during the festive season. Day visitors are advised to pre-book their entry with SANParks central reservations or arrive earlier at the gate. Those who pre-booked their entry will be guaranteed a space provided they arrive before 13:00. However, this does not mean they will not stand on a queue. If the gate quota for Croc Bridge has been reached, security officers and gate officials will work together to ensure that those who have pre-bookings are allowed to enter. If the gate quota is not reached, everyone will stand on a queue.
Regards

Stephens Ledwaba
Communications and Marketing Department
Kruger National Park
+27 (0)13 735 4116
stephens.ledwaba@sanparks.org

markbooysen

Re: Procedure at entry gates.

Unread postby markbooysen » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:20 pm

We r booking for 6 nights at Ngwenya Lodge next year and hence will be a day visitor.
We r Wild Card holders so daily Conservation Fee will be via a "simple" swipe of the Card - guess there will be a form to fill out on a daily basis (assume same as Addo Elephant Park) - is there a way to speed up the process (we will pre-book daily entry so as not to be turned away due to daily visitor limit quotas) ?
thanks

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:05 pm

What we did was take as many forms as days we anticipated entering the park and pre filling them in, so once we got to the gate it was a simple matter of handing over the form with w/card and we were in.
But we did go in a quiet time of year and well out of season.
But the staff are quite good at walking up and down the queue of cars handing out the forms so you can fill them in while waiting to get to the front.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Carol g
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby Carol g » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Markbooysen, good idea to pre book day visitors entry, will avoid disappointment

Unfortunately there is no way to speed up the process, you will have to wait your turn, and yes there is a form you must fill in at the gate, I take as many forms as the days we will be entering and fill them in beforehand

Have a lovely time in Kruger with great sightings
Those who have no love in there hearts for animals, have no love in there hearts at all

catman

Unread postby catman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Just for interest , I went in to Croc Bridge gate last week during holidays and there were no problems with quota's , so out of School holidays there will be even less of a chance on not gaining entry.

markbooysen

Unread postby markbooysen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:05 am

Thanks for all the great info and ideas... now the only other process I need to speed up is the time for the "number of sleeps" to happen (CANNOT WAIT!!) :tongue:

Return to “Kruger National Park”