Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 15
 [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Which option do you prefer?
Poll ended at Fri May 06, 2011 7:20 pm
a. Check in / check out times 14:00 / 10:00 daily 11%  11%  [ 24 ]
b. Check in / check out times 12:00 / 09:00 daily 89%  89%  [ 187 ]
Total votes : 211
 Post subject: Which check in times do you prefer?
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:41 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Poll obtaining the opinion of the visitors to the KRUGER NATIONAL PARK regarding the current check in times at Rest Camps.

1. The check in/check out times for the KRUGER NATIONAL PARK were revised during 2010 to supposedly fit in with the rest of the hospitality industry, without any client consultation.
2. Many objections were raised on the SANParks forum to the changing of the check in times from 12:00 to 14:00.
3. SANParks response to the objections were that the situation would be reconsidered at a later stage.
4. It may now be opportune to gauge the feeling of the visitors to the KRUGER NATIONAL PARK, regarding this matter.
5. The purpose of this poll is for visitors to the KRUGER NATIONAL to vote for whether the current check in/check out times - 14:00 and 10:00 daily are preferred to the previous check in/check out times – 12:00 and 09:00 daily, and to post their motivation should they feel the need to do so as a reply.
6. The result of the poll which should run until end April 2011 can then be given to SANParks as a guideline for their review.

7. Participating members are requested to please vote for the option they prefer:
a. Check in / check out times 14:00 / 10:00 daily
b. Check in / check out times 12:00 / 09:00 daily

Done 144 visits to National Parks.
What a wonderful privilege.

Post subject: Re: Which check in times do you prefer.
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:46 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Please be patient, the polling part will very soon be activated.

Post subject: Re: Which check in times do you prefer.
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:54 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

:thumbs_up: This is a poll that makes thoroughly good sense :popcorn:

Post subject: Re: Which check in times do you prefer?
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:22 pm 

I appreciate to be abble to check in at 12:00 when i am awake since 4 o'clock in the morning :whistle:
Nicer for relax :thumbs_up:
And as we go through the gates of the camp when they open and we put the luggages in the bottom of the car before getting off ,we don't really need to have the bungalow untill 10 o'clock :huh:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:29 am 

:thumbs_up:
Maybe there won't be a need to
find an extra route to travel during
the hottest part of the day to be able
to check-in @ 14H00.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:23 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

A poll that makes a lot of sense.

Judging by what has been said on the forums before, I can guess how this will go. For the record, the later check in time makes NO sense IMHO.

:thumbs_up:

TRIPS PLANNED 2011
April
11-12 - Tamboti
13 - Letaba
14-16 - Punda Maria
17-19 - Shingwedzi
20-23 - Balule
24-25 - Pretoriuskop

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:16 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Well I hate to disagree (!) but checking in earlier has never been an issue in 22 years of visiting the Park. But being able to stay in the room till 10.00 would have been on a couple of occasions - usually the last day of a trip.

Richard

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:30 am 

Hi there,

When checking out we areusually gone by ^h00 - 6H30 am, and when arriving at new camp would appreciate noon check in.

Regards

Roger the Dodger :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:43 am 

At the end of the day its about economics, buying yourself 3 extra hours to clean and get the rooms ready for the next visitors is a lot cheaper than bringing in extra crew to assist with quick turn around. If you are prepared to pay more for the privelige of quicker turnaround cool, if not we need to accept the industry "norm" of checkin and checkout times will be what is applied in Kruger, after all its a business aswell.

Check it out

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:21 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Just my few cents worth
Peeps cant or wont check out at 9.00. they are often still hanging around at 11.00. Then the staff have to clean the units and this does take time. ( I speak from experience running a B&B) folk are inconsiderate and it often takes about 2 hours plus to clean a room.. The staff have several unites to clean and they have no idea who will arrive early !!. Then if they rush the unit is not cleaned properly and then the grumbles and disatifaction sets in.
There is a lot more to cleaning a room than making a bed and wiping the toilet seat

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:05 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Im not sure im kindo of on the fence , but I have chosen the later check in time, because In winter when that gates are opening later, checking out by 9 doesnt leave you with much time for a drive, and then returning to camp to pack up, Im not a fan of getting up super early and packing and leaving the camp as soon as the gate opens.

On the other hand I think you should be able to check in from 10:30 if you are camping, if you are camping as not to m uch cleaning is required. Unfortuanely if you are staying in a bungalow or a hut I cant see 12 working, If I have to spend 2 hours in the car with windows up and the aircon on so be it, ill make that compromise.

Bro & Sis Road Trip V2 in September

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:27 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

The previous check in time was 12:00 and the accommodation was quite immaculate and ready at 12:00, visitors were aware that evacuation time was 09:00 and they obeyed.
Maybe some Managers should do their inspections and assist where required.
Consider the visitor who has been sweating it out for a further two more hours in 30º C.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:36 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

gmlsmit wrote:
Consider the visitor who has been sweating it out for a further two more hours in 30º C.

That is when it is a cool day, tempratures have been up to the mid 40's over much of this summer, how about those people driving in that heat. Especially when you are not used to it, it will become very uncomfortable!! I enjoy that kind of heat, never drive with the aircon on etc ... Imagine a 1st time visitor from a country where on hot days the temp might reach mid to high 20's, those kinds of visitors will not be happy as they will be uncomfortable - and not to mention the sightings tend to dry up due to animals seeking the shade and lying down. Those 2 hours spend in a bungalow can really refresh!!

TRIPS PLANNED 2011
April
11-12 - Tamboti
13 - Letaba
14-16 - Punda Maria
17-19 - Shingwedzi
20-23 - Balule
24-25 - Pretoriuskop

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:49 pm 

I appreciate to be able to check in at 12:00 when i am awake since 5 in the morning. It did'nt feel good to check in at 14:00 last time we visit in September. We were very tired and in the past we always used the 2 hours from 12:00 to 14:00 to rest in the accommodation so we hope that it will be possible when we visit september 2011 that we can check in at 12:00.
Regards Linda

http://www.lindav.zenfolio.com

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:14 pm 

Our experiences have been very pleasant and maybe unique!!.. Sorry if a little off the topic of preference but being in the Park is a priviledge and im really not phased at what time we can check in and out, i just love being there!!

Upgraded accomodation in Pretoriouskop last month, unfortunately it meant 4 nights and then a move within the camp to another chalet for 2 nights. We were out early but checked with staff iff it was possible to check in early,fully aware of the check in times. We were advised to return at midday to see if this was poss. Anyway arrived at 1145, and in no time were advised our chalet had been cleaned and it was no problem for us to move in. So a huge big thanx to the Pretoriouskop staff who allowed us to move in early it was so appreciated. :clap: :clap: :clap:

We then moved from P/kop to lower Sabie for 6 nights and again were ahead of time but took the chance of being able to move into our tent early. Once again it was apsolutely not a problem and i even asked if there were folk in the tent the night before and the answer was yes. So thanx to the cleaning staff who did a fab job on time and the Office staff who allowed us to move in early. WONDERFULL SERVICE FROM FANTASTIC FOLK :clap: :clap:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next