Skip to Content

Travelling Alone in the Park

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
chirinda
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Travelling Alone in the Park

Unread postby chirinda » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:49 pm

When are you going, Omega? I've booked on my own for late September, with arrangements to meet up with Forumites from Austria while I am there. If you know others are going to be in the same area or camp you can always arrange to meet up.

I find being on my own is comfortable, you don't have anyone else to consider. I remember hearing a loud argument coming from a car at an intersection "I'm not going on that road ...." .

People have also said to me "aren't you afraid to be on your own?" but like others who have commented, I'm fine with my own company and I'm used to being on my own in other areas of my life. One must be sensible and careful, that's all.

Hippotragus wrote:... we fell into a wonderful routine - I did all the planning and driving, another did all the cooking and the third did the washing up!!

That's the split of responsibilities I'd like too, Mary. :D MM did the cooking one trip too, and I drove. Thanks MM. :gflower:

BirgitJo wrote:Hallo, in September it will be the first time that I´m travelling alone in the park :dance:
The last times it was always with my mum. But for this time I decided that I need time for myself. I´m going from south to north and then to Mapungubwe.
Hopefully it was the right decision :hmz:
Bye Birgit

Enjoy, Birgit. I am very :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: that you are going to Mapungubwe. What are your dates in September?

BirgitJo

Unread postby BirgitJo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Hallo chirinda, from 12. - 15. it is LS in a tent with view :dance: , then 2 nights Tamboti, 2 nights outsisde, 19. - 22. Shingwedzi,
22. - 25. Punda Maria (tent) and then 3 nights Leokwe. After that going back home :(
Till know I didn`t post a lot. Do you think it is ok if I put a yellow ribbon on ??

Bye Birgit

chirinda
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby chirinda » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:06 pm

Of course you must put a yellow ribbon on your car, Birgit. That is how other Forumites will be able to identify you. Hope you meet up with other yellow ribbons.

Unfortunately I am at Tamboti 10 days after you. :(

I am very :mrgreen: of your time at Shingwedzi, Punda and Leokwe.

Enjoy, and safe travelling. Maybe you could do a travel tale when you return home.

BirgitJo

Unread postby BirgitJo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:57 pm

It would have been nice to meet you chirinda. Maybe an other time :wink:
Enjoy your trip too and safe travels
Bye Birgit

Return to “Kruger National Park”