Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's it like to live in Kruger?
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:03 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Wacktazz,i am going to miss following you to Nkhulu...... :(

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:19 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

I called in at Nkuhlu last Sunday and was told 'he does not work here anymore' - so I guess he has gone.

Have you read the gate leaflet? Do you KNOW the regulations?

Completed over 5 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I were normal I wouldn't be me!

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Carolynn, yes DavidM is still at Tshokwane and he is also in charge of Nkuhlu. Wacktazz worked as a manager for him at Nkuhlu. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:22 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

carolynn wrote:
Has wacktazz left already- does anyone know? :(

I am still around.... The bush is still the same, although I do not travel further than the Skz shop nowadays.
Had nice rains yesterday and the night before, with many power outages, so our country is still doing fine as well.
Still job hunting. Still braaing 4 times a week, and still enjoying my brandy and coke. So naaahhh, nothing has changed. Oh, I took the buff pie sticker of my bakkie, and took it for a qoute because it now has one window missing in the canopy and 3 bumps it did not have a year and half ago. None because of me, though.
I have a buff leg in my freezer, and though to myself last night I should maybe make a pie or two, for old time sake. Then again, I though Ill rather have a brandy.

So do not worry, I still peek at the forum on a daily basis- my world is just a bit of a mess right now, but nothing that will not make us stronger

:roll: :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:18 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Good day ye' all! Whats news? I must admit that i miss the forum. I am very busy now adays- working in nelspruit full time but staying in skukuza part time. I have a new neighbour. A ground horn bill- a nesting a few metres from my fence. I will tell a story or two tomorrow, if you dont mind

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:42 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

A few months back i had the prevelage of taking first time visitors to a special place in the south somewhere. A beautifull place set on a almost koppie like scene. It overlooks a dry river bed on the one side, with big boulders in the one corner and almost a flat open area on the other side. I can imagine that if God would have a off day, He would spend it there.
Had a beautifull braai the evening and an ellie walked up to us on the other side of the fence. Imagine the most stars you have seen, and then multiply that with a hundred. Thats how clean the night sky was.
At about 4 we were waken by the sounds of the kings of jungle, but too dark to spot. They spoke their mind untill after sunrise, when the city people thought it was save to emerge from their tent. I walked with my mate to look for the lions, which by now was probably busy getting ready for a early morning nap. On the way to the one end we saw two rhinos grazing and that was it. Nothing else. So it was an almost disapointing weekend as i wanted to show them more. But thats life.
So we started driving to pk to fetch their car. .....(rest to follow)
we drove in our combi, which lost part of the exhaust the previous day. If you drive a combi you will understand that it makes a hell of a sound- and thats with the exhaust attached.
When we hit the tar road, we saw some cars and something lying in the road. Leopard! I dared to go closer. About hundred metres from there i was reminded who pays my wifes salary, so i switched off the engine. The combi stopped too far from the animals, so i switced on again and drove closer again. By now the people were looking at me with that stare. So i switched off again. But by now the leopard got up and left. So my crap was only starting now... So after greeting everyone and sinking into my chair i drove off, but l decided he wants to show off more and after passing many many angry faces, i stopped again. A few tried to talk to me, but i could not hear them as my combi v8 sound was too loud. Next minute l came out from nowhere and sat next to us

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:02 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

... Cntd
as he sat, a huge, but i mean huge boer behind us drove up slowly. L walked off again, and i just wanted to get away. So i started the engine, smoke puffing at the back, v8 noise up to full blast and i drove off, but l decided he was now going to lie in front of my vehicle. Boer still in my sight. He now came closer and i want to really tell him how sorry i was for ruining their sighting. L got up again and i started the engine again to flee. A third time in a few minutes i see people closing their ears and swearing at me. I am not good at reading lips but i got some of the spelling of a few words. This was the end. Boer was now up to my window and he went with his hand underneath his seat. He glared into my eyes. I felt sorry for the tourists who had to witness this coming blood bath. He went down deeper. I wanted to close my eyes. He looked right through me. I told my wife for the first time that day i love her. He came up slowly with his hand and looked around for witnesses. I knew it was the end... And then he said those last words to me: cheers! And handed me a cold one. I left right after that

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:15 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Funny thing with staying in the park is that you sometimes forget you are intruding. We had a descent size mamba over this weekend on our veranda. And for the next two hours our children were not allowed outside. I am now in nelspruit and only get to go home over weekends. Still selling baked beans and bully beef for a national retailer. And i miss the park and my life there

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:52 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

mattib wrote:
Hi wt, I've had a question I've been meaning to ask you.

Is there any animal in the park that you have not seen :huh: :tongue:

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:50 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Sorry. Previous post got lost in all the rain. I have been very lucky mattib that i travelled every day so i saw lots of good sightings, including three generations of lion growing up. I have, however never seen an ant eater, which would be nice. Lots and lots of rain and this morning we almost started packing. The park is on full alert as we speak, but seems the water levels have settled now. Will keep you posted

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:41 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Hello all! Thanx for all the pms, there is so many, i am battling to reply to them all. Anyway, i am seriously thinking of writing a book. So many have given me hope. And asked me to do it. Any advice?

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:57 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Thanx m, i am thinking of putting a compilation of short, interesting stories from people living here and some remarkable stories. Like the one about 4 guys that picked up poachers, were left behind by their driver and was then chased by an elle

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:46 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Ok. You got me started.
On the way home i bumped into 8 doggies. And yesterday 2 leopards in one day. Hows that for luck!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:23 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

I think he heard about you bumping into animals and wanted to protect his friends!

Have you read the gate leaflet? Do you KNOW the regulations?

Completed over 5 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I were normal I wouldn't be me!

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:47 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
FAC Member (2012)
Howzit Wack,

I will proof read it for you in case you something out.

Hope you are well. Nkuhlu misses you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next