Skip to Content

Safari Vehicle Operators

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
RemiE
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Phabeni Gate

Unread postby RemiE » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Elsa wrote:Norms, the only priority by pre booking a day visit is that you are guaranteed entry up until 1pm as you will have been included in the daily quota.
Otherwise you are still required to wait in the queue.

Advanced Day Visitor permit Info

:thumbs_up: :clap:
GLORY be to God for dappled things—Gerard Manley Hopkins (1844–89).
TR: KNP Dawn to Dusk Jan/Feb 2015

jb72

Unread postby jb72 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Lesego wrote:I have sent an email to my colleagues in Kruger and have asked for an official response regarding this jb72.

Thanks Lesego :thumbs_up:

Lesego
Guru
Guru

Unread postby Lesego » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:16 pm

Dear 'Mites

In regards to the below query, the response is as follows. At Phabeni Gate, there is parking for normal vehicles and a parking for buses and open vehicles.

The open vehicles goes to the bus parking because that’s where they mostly pick up their guests, they then check in at the reception whereas in most cases the small vehicles just proceed through to the boom gates for faster check-in.

Although several tour operators render their service to the park on daily basis, it is unlawful for the parties concerned to bypass the security checks. It is imperative that the rules and regulations of the park be followed at all times whether one is a staff member, business partner or not.

There is no particular arrangement or preferences given to tour operators.
Lesego Nko
Web forum and Online Stakeholder Relations
Lesego.nko@sanparks.org
Tel: (012) 426 5202

jb72

Unread postby jb72 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:41 pm

Thanks for the reply Les.

However I need to point out that the OSV's don't all go to the parking area for pick-ups. At the time I was told the same thing by the guards at the gate, but I showed them there were in fact very few OSV's in the parking area. They only use this as an excuse to skip the line.

Furthermore - the fact that they go and park in this area, and proceed to reception does not mean they can by-pass the line. This is exactly my problem. They arrive at 6, by-pass the whole line, move to reception, and are suddenly first in line. This is not right, and is exactly what was irking the people in line.

Somebody needs to communicate with the staff at Phabeni gate, and confirm the rules.
I re-iterate: if nothing is done there WILL be an incident at Phabeni gate in the near future.

Zelster

Re: Safari Vehicle Operators

Unread postby Zelster » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:50 am

Hi Guys

Has anyone actually ever received feedback from Sanparks about action taken after an incident? And if radio use for sightings are illegal, why do they still allow the guys to use them if there are complaint after complaint???

I really think radio use should be seen as serious as drinking in the park as this is what is causing OSV to speed and crowd sightings all over the south...

Am I the only one that is gatvol of getting bullied on the road and at sightings and feel its time something be done to fix this and get answers to the problem???

Kind regards

Elster
Satara 21 - 27 April 2011

WildImage
Location: Close by the South Downs National Park, Hampshire, UK

Re: Safari Vehicle Operators

Unread postby WildImage » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:55 pm

The point that must be the crux of the argument is that OSV drivers are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS.

They should behave in a professional manner to both their on-board clients and other visitors to the park.

It should be obvious to them that causing problems with self-drivers, speeding, etc. is actually an indirect abuse of their clients.

Richard
Richard (WildImage) - my Flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/r_j_veitch/

Gie me ae spark o' Nature's fire
Thats a' the learning I desire.

Robert Burns 1759 - 1796

Return to “Kruger National Park”