Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Bush Braais & Bush Breakfasts
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:35 pm 

Thanks!

ecojunkie wrote:
Try contacting Isaac.mthetwa@sanparks.org - he is the Malelane gate and camp manager and might be able to help you with a booking - or at least refer you to the correct person.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:50 am 

I just completed a Bush Braai from Satara and cannot complement the staff enough.
Since switching to Mugg and Bean it is great they have finally started the Bush Braai's again.
We were able to arrange an ad hoc bush braai with only 4 of us from Satara, however Olifants would not do a braai without at least 8 people.
The setting from Satara is a secluded area off the S100.
We were the first ones to use the site and is was great.
They even have put a semi permanent toilet at the site.
The food was amazing, and we had a hyena sniffing around within a minute of loading up in the vehicle.
All must do a bush braai if able!!!!!!

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:17 pm 

Just to report back on what happened for our bush braai experience at Berg-en-Dal on Friday 7th Nov.
We eventually decided to pay for 6 people so that we could give our German friends the BB experience.
I was charged R660 x 6 although I see that elsewhere other camps seem to only charge R550 but anyway.
The experience itself was fantastic.
The game drive leading up was filled with sightings and as we arrived I spotted eyes which turned out to be 3 hyena who then hung about the whole time we were there, even whooping a few times just to remind us they were still there.
The atmosphere was exciting as we really felt like we were in the middle of the park!
The food itself was good - salads and veg great but meat average.
The relatively short drive home also yielded a few sets of eyes and overall we all thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.
Our German friends were overwhelmed and will never forget it.
Thanks to Solly, our ranger guide and all involved at Berg-en-Dal (and the hyena) for a great evening.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:52 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Is paying for the minimum guests when you don't have enough to reach the minimum available at most camps? Seems like a doable alternative to trying to scare up enough people.

Alternately, maybe SANParks should look into adding bush braais and activities into something similar to the stellar online reservation system. I'd bet that braais would fill up if people had visibility into availability. :)

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:24 pm 

Bush braai's can certainly be very different at different camps. On our recent visit, we do two of them. The one at Berg en Dal was in the middle of a field with little atmosphere. (didn't help that it was raining lots!). On the other hand the fabulous one at Mopani was entirely different. It was in a secluded spot with trees/bushes all around and lanterns lit all around. The atmosphere was awesome! It was GREAT. We all loved it...
Linda

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:57 pm 

Agree different at each camp. Skukuza was about 15-20 people iirc, but Satara was 6 (me, partner, my parents and another couple from here.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:26 pm 

A topic has been created for anyone who would like to book or has already booked a Bush Braai or Breakfast and need others to join them to make up the minimum numbers required which is 4 pax. and 8 in some cases.
so I have moved all those requests over to Companions/Extras needed for stay/activity in SANParks
We have made it a sticky, i.e (it will stay at the top of the page) in the Chit Chat Forum which is the most popular and widely read on the web site so hopefully will get noticed more easily than in here and the most response. :thumbs_up:

Kruger - 12th Feb - 20th Feb.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:36 am 

Thanks for that :thumbs_up: I keep reading this forum and hoping that I can get something arranged for December, missing KNP :cry:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=37370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;