Dear SANParks forum membersThis is YOUR chance, as a member of the SANParks forums, to reward excellence in the SANParks workplace.
The Kudu Awards ceremony will be held at the end of October 2013 in Gauteng. Please see this announcement.
The Website Community Choice Award is for an individual who is nominated and voted for on the SANParks Forums by SANParks Forum members for exceptional service in the workplace. This award can provide deserved recognition for some of the unsung heros in the parks (whether they are online or not).
wanda's post in 2007 when the WCCA was initiated wrote:
The Kudu Awards, which is aimed at recognising excellent contributions to conservation by external stakeholders, is open to public contributions and has always been and I would like to encourage you to throw in your lot before the closing date. The Chief Executive Award, however, which is aimed at rewarding and recognising excellent performance by SANParks staff members and is part of the umbrella that is called Kudu Awards for logistical reasons, is one that has not been open to public participation.
This website forumite category then is one that is aimed at giving our valued stakeholders an opportunity to choose the person they consider to have been the best service provider to the public within SANParks as our staff cannot be chosen for the external Kudu Award.
I must also add that members of our Executive Management do not qualify for a Chief Executive Award and may not be nominated in this category either, in case you were considering anyone of them.
Please note that SANParks Communications personnel at Groenkloof and in the Parks also do not qualify for nomination for the WCCA.
Please read the Rules and Guidelines below on how to nominate and how to vote.
Once the nominations are all in, they will be listed on the forums and a voting process will take place where you, the SANParks Forum member can cast your vote for the nominee of your choice.
All nominees, motivations and the results of the voting process will be submitted to the Kudu Award Panel for final adjudication. Rules and GuidelinesTimelines: Nominations will close
CAT on 28 July 2013Voting will begin
on 30 July 2013
and will close at 10:00 CAT
on 6 August 2013Who is eligible to nominate and to vote:
1. All registered SANParks Forum members who were registered on the forums on or before 22 July 2013 and have a minimum post count of 20, may nominate and have one vote.
2. Forum moderators may not nominate, nor vote.Nomination process:
1. Please remember to provide the full name of the person you are nominating, the park that they are stationed at and your motivation for why you are nominating them.
Please ask the moderators for assistance if you do not have the full name of the person you wish to nominate.
2. Post your nomination on this topic. You may nominate as many candidates you feel worthy of a nomination. If the candidate of your choice has already been nominated by another forum member, you may nominate them again. Being nominated for this award is an honour, so let us honour these deserving people.
3. Post each candidate/nomination in a separate post.
4. No discussion nor chit chat is allowed in this topic.
5. Any evidence of lobbying or canvassing for nominations and/or votes for, or on behalf, of a nominee, will result in the nominee being disqualified.Qualification for nomination:
1. Personnel in the Communication department of SANParks and SANParks Executive Management may not be nominated.
2. Only SANParks employees qualify for nomination.Voting process:
1. All nominees will be placed on a 'ballot list' on the forums in alphabetical order.
2. Only registered SANParks Forum members who have registered on the SANParks forum on or before 22 July 2013 and have a minimum post count of 20 may vote.
3. Only one vote per forum member.
4. Votes will be cast by a process of emailing SANParks (email address will be provided once the voting process starts) from the email address your user name on the forums is registered at.
5. In the email state your forum username and the nominee you are voting for.
Should you have any questions you can contact me at the contact information given in the Announcement by Lesego, or PM any of the forum moderators.